Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

HoodChecker 1.0.3 - Neighborhood Corruption Detector (Updated February 11, 2013)

by Mootilda Posted 29th Sep 2011 at 4:50 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 2:51 PM by Nysha

443 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 349 Feedback Posts, 93 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 18
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#101 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 1:32 PM
Thanks Mootilda.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#102 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 1:52 PM
Would it make more sense if the "Subject does not exist" error message was changed to "Subject is not a valid sim"?
Field Researcher
#103 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 11:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Would it make more sense if the "Subject does not exist" error message was changed to "Subject is not a valid sim"?

Ooooh good idea! Yes, yes!

"If..." a TS2 epic about friendship, romance, break-ups, make-ups, misunderstandings, fights, quite a bit of silliness and a little bit of rock and roll."
Mad Poster
#104 Old 9th Oct 2011 at 10:47 PM Last edited by Orilon : 9th Oct 2011 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Grammar helps
Question: Does it matter if there are problems with the Tricou family that can't seem to get fixed?

I had to manually fix some memories in Sim PE (Miranda Capp, Romeo Monty and Mercutio Monty were overachievers as Teens, but for some reason the Subject Sim line on the memory was blank and I had to manually fix it).

Other things the Hood Checker fixed, except for the Tricou family, and some memories with the Capp ancestors referencing a unknown relative/Sim.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#105 Old 10th Oct 2011 at 12:11 AM
I'm not sure why you can't fix memories. At the very least, you should be able to just delete them, which will fix the invalid reference. If the relative doesn't exist, it makes a lot of sense either to delete any memories about them, or to reassign those memories to a valid sim.
Field Researcher
#106 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 5:29 AM
I've noticed several things which may be of help.

Electrocuted, repoman, max career, overachiever and abduction memories are use object subjects, not sim subjects. I've double checked all the reported memories in my game, and they are using valid object GUIDs.

Several of my sims have the "Unexpected subject" error for maximizing body skill, but no other skills. Some of them I'm certain maximized with yoga, but I don't think they all did. I'm investigating further.

I'm also looking into the errors for "had x best friends", "marry x kids", "have x grandchildren" as those are almost certainly all caused by the same error, and at party memories, though it appears to only be lousy parties. Certainly if we could clean up the bad memories before they get created, that would be a good thing.

As mentioned by someone else, all my bad werewolf memories were sims created by the batbox. Then again, I have no natural werwewolves so it may not be unique to the batbox.

I noticed the "familiar with lot" errors are all on NPC witches, and someone above said the same. I looked it up, and it's not a memory. It's a token. The actual token name is "Token - NPC - Familiar to Lot", so I wonder if it's actually related to witch familiars rather than familiarity. I haven't found the BHAV which assigns it.

I'd like to suggest another relationship check, one I have on my debugger. I have had occasional problems with sims having relationship flags set, but not the "std relationship set?" (x10) flag. That arrangement of flags has to be a bad thing. In each case, the other flags were nonsense (a boy who was engaged to his mother and married to his twin brother for example) so I had to rebuild them by hand.

Finally, bravo for releasing the code. I wish more tool creators would do that since if they leave the community *cough*Paladin*cough* there is no possibility of further development.

On my site I have dozens more Sims 2 mods. These mods come with no support so use them at your own risk.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#107 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 4:03 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 11th Oct 2011 at 4:19 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Cyjon
I've noticed several things which may be of help.
Thanks for your comments, Cyjon. I appreciate having someone who is really familiar with BHAV programming to help me with these memories. The hold-up on the tool was because of the inconsistencies that I was seeing with some memories in some neighborhoods. I finally decided that the other features (fixing bad family ties, properly delivering tombstonees, removing memory slots for invalid lots and families) were too valuable to prevent releasing the tool.
I'm also looking into the errors for "had x best friends", "marry x kids", "have x grandchildren" as those are almost certainly all caused by the same error, and at party memories, though it appears to only be lousy parties. Certainly if we could clean up the bad memories before they get created, that would be a good thing.
Agreed. I'd much rather see people install a mod which would generate the memories properly, rather than having to cleanup afterward.
I noticed the "familiar with lot" errors are all on NPC witches, and someone above said the same. I looked it up, and it's not a memory. It's a token. The actual token name is "Token - NPC - Familiar to Lot", so I wonder if it's actually related to witch familiars rather than familiarity. I haven't found the BHAV which assigns it.
I'm convinced that the Familiar to Lot token has two different formats: The format for lots takes the Sim instance and NPCType. I've seen tons of these during my testing. The format for sims (NPC witches) takes less parameters, which is why it's triggering the invalid data structure error, but I haven't managed to look at one yet to determine the parameters.. I don't play with supernaturals a lot, which is why I managed to miss the second format.
I'd like to suggest another relationship check, one I have on my debugger. I have had occasional problems with sims having relationship flags set, but not the "std relationship set?" (x10) flag. That arrangement of flags has to be a bad thing. In each case, the other flags were nonsense (a boy who was engaged to his mother and married to his twin brother for example) so I had to rebuild them by hand.
Thanks. I've never seen that one before, but it's easy to add a check for that.
Finally, bravo for releasing the code. I wish more tool creators would do that since if they leave the community *cough*Paladin*cough* there is no possibility of further development.
I couldn't agree more. I've actually considered re-writing the AnyGameStarter from scratch, so that it would have support for the collection packs.
Test Subject
#108 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 10:11 PM
Hi Mootilda,

Thanks for this super useful and helpful tool. This may or may not be related, but how do I get the PJSE to show all of the career/job GUIDs? I'm trying to fix memory data in lines 5 and 6 of some sims (they are incorrect due to insimenator's career mod...) but I'm having alot of trouble trying to find the respective GUIDs in PJSE.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, I've looked through the PJSE simantics help pages and etc., but they didn't really help x_x
Field Researcher
#109 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 12:17 AM
I've posted some memory error fixes at http://drupal.cyjon.net/node/395. It fixes the generation of "X Best Friends", "X Grandchildren", "X Married Children" and anniversary party memories, though it won't help existing bad memories.

The werewolf memories are an EA/Pescado bug. EA created the original bug (OID/NID error) and Pescado's creaturefixes fixed the BHAVS to use OID. However starting in Seasons, EA changed to using NIDs so Pescado's fix was unfixed. I left a note over at MATY. Note this affects all werewolves, not just batbox ones.

Yoga definitely stores the sim ID of the sim doing the yoga. I suspect "Impart Knowledge" stores the ID of the teacher, but I didn't verify. The point is, the "max skill" memories can take both sim and object IDs.

On my site I have dozens more Sims 2 mods. These mods come with no support so use them at your own risk.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#110 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 2:26 AM Last edited by Mootilda : 17th Oct 2011 at 2:50 AM.
Cyjon: Thanks for everything, especially the memory error fixes. I'm sure that people will be pleased.

morifane, as explained in post #4:
Quote:
To find valid Career GUIDs in SimPE, click on the Tools menu and select PJSE / Simantics Resource Finder. search for an OBJD Name containing the string "JobData -".
You'll have to check the OBJD Name checkbox, then enter the string into the field that changes from grey to white. I'll attach a screen shot for you.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#111 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 3:04 AM
Hurf durf, I had GUID checked along with OBJD Name--no wonder I kept getting error messages Thanks for helping me
Mad Poster
#112 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 6:14 PM
Why is it every time someone gets to the top of their career track, the next time I use the Hood Checker I get results like this:

Family Ties:

Sim Relations:

Memories:
Subject does not exist: 0x0049 Miranda Monty: Became Secretary of Education (Subject: SimID=0x72428B30)
Subject does not exist: 0x016E Jordan Fleig: [Invisible] Gossip about 0x0049 Miranda Monty: Became Secretary of Education (Subject: SimID=0x72428B30)
Subject does not exist: 0x0200 Marie Rauscher: [Invisible] Gossip about 0x0049 Miranda Monty: Became Secretary of Education (Subject: SimID=0x72428B30)

(Miranda Capp married Mercutio Monty so the the name is correct, and she did reach the top of the education career)
Site Helper
Original Poster
#113 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 6:51 PM
As explained by Cyjon above, the max career memories should have a career as the subject. When I look up your GUID, it's jobdata - adult - education. Therefore, you can ignore the error. It will be fixed in the next version of the HoodChecker.
Mad Poster
#114 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 7:04 PM
Did you look up that GUID (0x72428B30) in your game, to see what the subject of those memories is?

When I looked at the Career portion of Miranda's Sim PE profile, 0x72428B30 was next to Education in the career drop down box, so as far as I can tell its the GUID for the Education Career. When I look at the memory itself, Miranda Monty on the Owner Sim line, but the Subject Sim line is blank and so is the object line.

Edit: apparently you posted your reply before I posted mine.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#115 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 10:14 PM
Default New Version: 1.0.1
Since it's taking longer than I expected to get the next version out, I've released an interim version (V1.0.1) which removes the validation on some of the memories which require further investigation or new categories.

Please see the release history for further details.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#116 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 11:01 PM
Looks like Pescado has fixed creaturefixes:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,1482.0.html

If you use this mod, you probably want to get the update.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#117 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 10:06 PM
Default New Version: 1.0.2
Urnstones which are associated with an occupied apartment sublot are now considered to be valid and will not be redirected.
Forum Resident
#118 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 6:40 PM
I was wondering why I was getting "sim does not exit" each time after playing my hood. Could it be possible that removing those "memories of a non-existant sim could have cause a disconnect somehow. My neighborhood is new, nobody has died, and all townies were created by me w/the exception of the vacation locals. So I am confused as to "who are the sims that don't exit?" I believe I may have inadvertantly caused corruption by removing sims with the hood checker.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#119 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 7:54 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 21st Oct 2011 at 8:25 PM.
The HoodChecker will not remove sims. It will remove Relationships, Family Ties, and Memories which reference non-existent sims, but it doesn't remove Sim Descriptions or User Files. Removing memories should not generate "sim does not exist" errors in-game.

Please be more specific about the exact warning or error messages that you received and what you did about those errors. I need more details before I can tell whether there's a bug in the HoodChecker.

I know that you were receiving some warnings about sims with no user files. At the time, you believed that those sims were generated by your CC. Did you change your mind and decide to delete those sims?

It might also be helpful to understand when you are getting the "sim does not exist" errors. What are you doing when you get the error? Does the error occur without any CC? Can you generate an error log?

If you experience problems, your best bet is always to restore from the backup that you made before you ran the HoodChecker in Remove mode.
Forum Resident
#120 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 8:53 PM Last edited by LilSister : 22nd Oct 2011 at 4:23 PM.
The HoodChecker will not remove sims. It will remove Relationships, Family Ties, and Memories which reference non-existent sims, but it doesn't remove Sim Descriptions or User Files. Removing memories should not generate "sim does not exist" errors in-game.

Please be more specific about the exact warning or error messages that you received and what you did about those errors. I need more details before I can tell whether there's a bug in the HoodChecker.

I know that you were receiving some errors about sims with no user files. At the time, you believed that those sims were generated from your CC. Did you change your mind and decide to delete those sims?

It might also be helpful to understand when you are getting the "sim does not exist" errors. What are you doing when you get the error? Does the error occur without any CC? Can you generate an error log?

If you experience problems, your best bet is always to restore from the backup that you made before you ran the HoodChecker in Remove mode.

I didn't delete any sims I left those sims w/no user files as is. I didn't delete any sims in game and nobody died and I haven't had any errors with custom content. This was a totally new neighborhood. All of my sim townies w/the exception of vacation locals were created in CAS. I only had 3 playable households. The errors did occur in-game, after each game play I would run the hoodchecker and started getting "sim does not exist has relationship with (gives a number/code)" and I would run it again and have it remove those memories.

After doing this several times after game I started noticing quirky occurances like Nanny and maid not showing up as scheduled and a few other things that I didn't make think was related in one of the lots. The house for this family was newly built. However, when a Toddler aged to child w/an LTW to celebrate his 25th Anniversary most everyone told me the hood was corrupted which confused me because I didn't do any of things that would cause corruption. All of the other memories, family ties and relationships were fine. I checked SimPE and there was nothing that I could see that was askew. The only thing I noticed was that child in question had LTA SuperPowers and he had the proper grow up aspiration. Hoodchecker showed only a few relationships with self and I had those removed. I also checked the log regarding valid memories and nothing askew there.

When I get home I will send a copy of the log. I have scrapped the hood, but I do have a copy of my last backup and the original created neighborhood before it was played.
Forum Resident
#121 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 4:18 PM
It might also be helpful to understand when you are getting the "sim does not exist" errors. What are you doing when you get the error? Does the error occur without any CC? Can you generate an error log? If you experience problems, your best bet is always to restore from the backup that you made before you ran the HoodChecker in Remove mode.

I decided to use backup copy of nieghborhood before it was played to recreate situation. It has mainhood Murray Hilln (no subhoods), All 3 vacation locations and LeTour University. All Sim townies were created in CAS, and I recreated sim Gloria and moved her into lot. I newspaper delivered, Garden Club person came by and the welcome wagon. I then sent her to a community lot after getting alarm installed on car. She stayed at community lot several sim hours returned home and I saved game and exited. I ran the hoodchecker and here is the log (which really shocked me because the first time I used it on previous hood it wasn't this bad):

All sims actually exist. I had hoodchecker remove these references. I reloaded the game Gloria met Gypsy, paid her for a blind date, she had dream date with Bertrum, woohoo and next morning asked him to move in. I exited game and ran hoodchecker only references are to sims at top of report w/no character files that always stays the same.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#122 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 5:05 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 22nd Oct 2011 at 5:17 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by LilSister
After doing this several times after game I started noticing quirky occurances like Nanny and maid not showing up as scheduled and a few other things that I didn't make think was related in one of the lots. The house for this family was newly built. However, when a Toddler aged to child w/an LTW to celebrate his 25th Anniversary most everyone told me the hood was corrupted which confused me because I didn't do any of things that would cause corruption. All of the other memories, family ties and relationships were fine. I checked SimPE and there was nothing that I could see that was askew. The only thing I noticed was that child in question had LTA SuperPowers and he had the proper grow up aspiration.
Unfortunately, the error report that you provided is not useful to me. I have no way to tell why those invalid references are occurring in your game. As far as I can tell from the error report, the HoodChecker is working perfectly, finding and fixing tons of invalid references for you.

What I need from you is a reproducible test that won't take me too long to run.

Can you provide a neighborhood with toddler who will age to child normally if I don't run the HoodChecker, but who will age to child with an invalid LTW if I run the HoodChecker in Remove mode?

Or perhaps a neighborhood where the maid or nanny will arrive correctly if I don't run the HoodChecker, but will fail to arrive if I run the HoodChecker in Remove mode?

Or, even give me a set of steps that, when followed from a new empty neighborhood, cause some obvious problem?

Without the ability to reproduce your problem, I cannot determine whether your problems are related to the HoodChecker or not. Without the ability to reproduce your problem, I don't really have any way to find and fix it.

The other alternative is to point out a specific Relationship, Family Tie, or Memory that you believe is being flagged or removed inappropriately.

If your question is: "Why is my game generating so many invalid references?", then this isn't really the appropriate place for that question. I'm not sure whether it belongs in Sims 2 Help or Sims 2 Discussion, but the answer will involve looking at your installed EPs and associated patches, your neighborhood and subhood templates and your CC, especially the existence of mods which fix known EA bugs.
Forum Resident
#123 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 6:15 PM
Unfortunately, the error report that you provided is not useful to me. I have no way to tell why those invalid references are occurring in your game. As far as I can tell from the error report, the HoodChecker is working perfectly, finding and fixing tons of invalid references for you.

What I need from you is a reproducible test that won't take me too long to run.

Can you provide a neighborhood with toddler who will age to child normally if I don't run the HoodChecker, but who will age to child with an invalid LTW if I run the HoodChecker in Remove mode?

Or perhaps a neighborhood where the maid or nanny will arrive correctly if I don't run the HoodChecker, but will fail to arrive if I run the HoodChecker in Remove mode?

Or, even give me a set of steps that, when followed from a new empty neighborhood, cause some obvious problem?

Without the ability to reproduce your problem, I cannot determine whether your problems are related to the HoodChecker or not. Without the ability to reproduce your problem, I don't really have any way to find and fix it.

The other alternative is to point out a specific Relationship, Family Tie, or Memory that you believe is being flagged or removed inappropriately.

If your question is: "Why is my game generating so many invalid references?", then this isn't really the appropriate place for that question. I'm not sure whether it belongs in Sims 2 Help or Sims 2 Discussion, but the answer will involve looking at your installed EPs and associated patches, your neighborhood and subhood templates and your CC, especially the existence of mods which fix known EA bugs.

I am in the process of seeing if I can reproduce the same problem. At this point according to the hoodchecker the neighborhood is now clean. I will continue to play as before and see what happens. In reference to the Toddler this has occured in this hood with both children born to Bertrum and Gloria. I never had this issue in my Shiloh neighborhood.

However, I am wondering is why the hoodchecker produced the following "sims does not exist" when they do. For example the following are are townies who are family members. Ajay & Deva are husband and wife, Naveen and Kamala are their Adult Children, Indira is Naveens wife and Nisha and Abhijit are the children of Naveen and Indira. Please forgive me if I'm being a little dense I'm trying to understand why they are being termed as does not exist when they exist.

Site Helper
Original Poster
#124 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 7:27 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 22nd Oct 2011 at 7:48 PM. Reason: fix typo
Do you have sims who's Sim Description instances are 0x2B, 0xAF, 0xB3, 0x45, or 0x47? If not, then that's why the relationships has been flagged.
Quote:
First sim does not exist: 0x002B has relationship with 0x00AD Ajay Nayar
Although Ajay Nayar exists, a sim with Sim Description instance number 0x2B does not. Therefore, the "first sim does not exist".
Quote:
Neither sim exists: 0x002B has relationship with 0x00AF
Since no sims exist with Sim Description instance numbers of 0x2B or 0xAF, the error is "neither sim exists". In other words, neither of the sim references are valid.
Forum Resident
#125 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 7:32 PM
Do you have a sims who's Sim Description instances are 0x2B, 0xAF, 0xB3, 0x45, or 0x47? If not, then that's why the relationships has been flagged.

Yes I do. I checked them out referencing the valid memories log in hoodchecker.
Page 5 of 18