Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

HoodChecker 1.0.3 - Neighborhood Corruption Detector (Updated February 11, 2013)

by Mootilda Posted 29th Sep 2011 at 4:50 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 2:51 PM by Nysha

443 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 349 Feedback Posts, 93 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 18
Site Helper
Original Poster
#126 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 7:35 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 22nd Oct 2011 at 7:46 PM.
OK. I believe that you are saying that there is a problem with the HoodChecker because it is flagging valid sims as invalid.

In that case, I'll have to see your neighborhood. Please zip and attach the entire neighborhood, or upload it to a file sharing site and give me the link.

At minimum, I'll need your neighborhood package and your entire Characters subfolder. I don't believe that I need your Lots or Storytelling subfolders.
Forum Resident
#127 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 7:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
OK. I believe that you are saying that there is a problem with the HoodChecker because it is flagging valid sims as invalid.

In that case, I'll have to see your neighborhood. Please zip and attach the entire neighborhood, or upload it to a file sharing site and give me the link.

At minimum, I'll need your neighborhood package and your entire Characters subfolder. I don't believe that I need your Lots or Storytelling subfolders.

Thanks again for your patience and assistance, I will zip and attach as soon as I get home from work.
Test Subject
#128 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 3:02 AM
Do you have sims who's Sim Description instances are 0x2B, 0xAF, 0xB3, 0x45, or 0x47? If not, then that's why the relationships has been flagged.
Although Ajay Nayar exists, a sim with Sim Description instance number 0x2B does not. Therefore, the "first sim does not exist".
Since no sims exist with Sim Description instance numbers of 0x2B or 0xAF, the error is "neither sim exists". In other words, neither of the sim references are valid.

Hmmm. 2B or not 2B that is the question here. Are you sure this neighborhood is not based on Veronaville ?
Forum Resident
#129 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 3:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Quatchi
Hmmm. 2B or not 2B that is the question here. Are you sure this neighborhood is not based on Veronaville ?

I've never played Veronaville (or any of the other Maxi neighborhoods). I created this neighborhood myself.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#130 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 4:38 PM
I think that was a (Shakespeare) joke.

I can think of two things which could be going wrong: SimPE cannot read those Sim Description records (and the HoodChecker uses the SimPE DLLs to parse the neighborhood package), or the HoodChecker loop which handles the Sim Description records is quitting prematurely.

However, without the neighborhood itself, I cannot debug this issue.

As far as I can tell at this time, the HoodChecker is working perfectly when it says that these sims do not exist. Without a reproducible case, I can't proceed further.
Forum Resident
#131 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 5:57 PM

I can think of two things which could be going wrong: SimPE cannot read those Sim Description records (and the HoodChecker uses the SimPE DLLs to parse the neighborhood package), or the HoodChecker loop which handles the Sim Description records is quitting prematurely.

As far as I can tell at this time, the HoodChecker is working perfectly when it says that these sims do not exist. Without a reproducible case, I can't proceed further.

I will get this to you soon, just been very hectic all of a sudden. Sorry for the delay.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#132 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 6:50 PM
You are awesome! Thank you so much for this tool
Field Researcher
#133 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 9:17 PM
It turns out my memory fix deals with only half the problem. The memories are created correctly, but then the game broadcasts broken gossip to everyone in the room--the same old NID vs. OID problem. I've got a fix in testing that appears to work, but it involves a global change rather than tweaking each memory and I'm concerned there might be unanticipated side effects from other memories. I'm going to hold onto it for a few days to make sure it doesn't blow up my hood before releasing it on the unsuspecting masses.

On my site I have dozens more Sims 2 mods. These mods come with no support so use them at your own risk.
Mad Poster
#134 Old 1st Nov 2011 at 6:28 AM
I just ran the most recent version of the Hood Checker on Veronaville and got a result I don't understand:

Memories:
Second sim does not exist: Lot 0x00AF 46 Bard Boulevard: [Invisible] NPC 0x018C Heidi Ajjanagadde was Hired By 0x0015

I moved Antonio Monty and his children into 46 Bard Boulevard and I did have Antonio hire a nanny (Heidi Ajjanagadde is one of the Veronaville nannies) because he got a different job where he would still be at work when Beatrice and Benedick got home from school. Antonio exists, so I don't understand why the error would say that he doesn't.
Lab Assistant
#135 Old 1st Nov 2011 at 10:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
I just ran the most recent version of the Hood Checker on Veronaville and got a result I don't understand:

Memories:
Second sim does not exist: Lot 0x00AF 46 Bard Boulevard: [Invisible] NPC 0x018C Heidi Ajjanagadde was Hired By 0x0015

I moved Antonio Monty and his children into 46 Bard Boulevard and I did have Antonio hire a nanny (Heidi Ajjanagadde is one of the Veronaville nannies) because he got a different job where he would still be at work when Beatrice and Benedick got home from school. Antonio exists, so I don't understand why the error would say that he doesn't.

Is Antonio's ID 0x0015?
Mad Poster
#136 Old 1st Nov 2011 at 3:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tarlia
Is Antonio's ID 0x0015?

From what I can tell, his ID is 0x036. Which brings up the question whose ID is 0x0015 and why would they be considered to have hired her?
Site Helper
Original Poster
#137 Old 1st Nov 2011 at 4:16 PM
If 0x0015 were a valid sim, then the HoodChecker would not have flagged the lot memory as invalid. Unfortunately, SimPE doesn't display lot memories, so there's no easy way to change the hiring sim to Antonio.

This may be one of those cases where the EA code has a bug.
Field Researcher
#138 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 3:52 AM
The new version of Memory Fixes is now up at http://drupal.cyjon.net/node/395. This fixes the gossip memories broadcast from the events fixed by the previous version. As before, this will fix only new memories generated not bad ones that already exist.

On my site I have dozens more Sims 2 mods. These mods come with no support so use them at your own risk.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#139 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 1:53 PM
Thanks! I really appreciate the work that you're doing on these memories, Cyjon.
Mad Poster
#140 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 4:49 AM
How on earth would the Grim Reaper have an invalid relationship with self?

No one died, so the Grim Reaper didn't show up but after I quit and ran the HoodChecker the error of the Grim Reaper having a invalid relationship with self showed up.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#141 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 5:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
How on earth would the Grim Reaper have an invalid relationship with self?
We don't know why these things happen. The game seems to have a lot of problems. That's why I wrote the HoodChecker. The HoodChecker is just reporting what it finds; it can't tell you why these things are occurring.
Forum Resident
#142 Old 11th Nov 2011 at 6:13 PM

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond. I started the neighborhood over recreated as much I could. I have had 3 children born in the game so far and all have wants that are age appropriate. So far everything in game is working as it should.

I also think I may have figured out something regarding the sims that don't exist and some of the character files without descriptions. I have Mansion and Gardens installed, and although I have Apartment Life I have not installed it. Some of the invalid relationships of sims that don't exist maybe related to characters that are associated with Apartment life and Mansions and Gardens. Not sure how this could be, other than it has something to do with Mansion and Gardens (don't they share something?) For example one of the sims that the Hood Checker flags as a sim that doesn't exist is the Good Witch Cat. The Good Witch Cat if I'm not mistaken is a NPC Character of Apartment Life. Is it possible that Mansion and Gardens has some of these characters within it's structure, but not available unless you have Apartment life? And that the Hood Checker is flagging these characters appropriately as sims that don't exist? I hope I'm not being too confusing, not sure how to state it better.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#143 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 4:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LilSister
For example one of the sims that the Hood Checker flags as a sim that doesn't exist is the Good Witch Cat.
Do you mean 0xD55EF625? That ID is in the list of valid sims without user files that the HoodChecker recognizes. If your HoodChecker isn't recognizing that ID, then there's something really wrong. Try re-downloading the HoodChecker; perhaps it was corrupted during download?

Or, are you talking about a different Good Witch Cat? If so, I need the ID to investigate this problem.
Forum Resident
#144 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 5:52 PM
I re-downloaded the HoodChecker, the Good Witch Cat ID is 0x007F. Thanks again for all your help and patience.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#145 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 6:56 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 13th Nov 2011 at 6:24 AM.
0x007F is the Sim Description instance number. What is the Sim ID (GUID)?
Mad Poster
#146 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 12:33 AM
Is there any significance to a repeated invalid relationship?

Family Ties:

Sim Relations:
Second sim does not exist: 0x0037 Ripp Grunt has relationship with 0x0039

Ripp Grunt has been shown to have a relationship with that same non-existent Sim the last four times I've run the Hood Checker. I've used the remove function to remove it each time, but it shows up the next time I run the Checker on Strangetown.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#147 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 5:17 AM
I wonder whether there's another invalid reference to that sim, which is causing the invalid relationship to regenerate?

For example, the HoodChecker doesn't check the Sim Wants and Fears yet. If you had an invalid reference in the SWAFs, it might be spreading to the Sim Relations.
Mad Poster
#148 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 5:46 AM
I wonder whether there's another invalid reference to that sim, which is causing the invalid relationship to regenerate?

For example, the HoodChecker doesn't check the Sim Wants and Fears yet. If you had an invalid reference in the SWAFs, it might be spreading to the Sim Relations.

Is there an easy way to figure out there is a invalid reference in the Sim's Wants and Fears since that feature isn't available yet?

I was wondering if it had something to do with Lyla Grunt but that's not her Instance.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#149 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 6:14 AM
You could look at them in SimPE, but I'm not sure how much data it displays about the wants and fears history.
Forum Resident
#150 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 9:30 AM
0x007F is the Sim Description instance number. What is the Sim ID (GUID)?

The Sim ID is 0xD55EF625
Page 6 of 18