Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#201 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 2:54 PM
Everybody My Sims Wont Wake Up
Heeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllppppppppppppppppppppp
Advertisement
Test Subject
#202 Old 7th Mar 2015 at 8:53 AM
I'm starting a new one of these. My old one had some issues. I had it pretty well contained, but the hood probably would have imploded eventually. Anyway, my computer did so first.

Now, after far more trouble than it should have been, I have the Sims 2 up and running on my new laptop, and I have begun Treebank 2.0.

This time around I've decided not to even hook my founder up with anyone. The second generation will all be aliens.
Mad Poster
#203 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 6:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Toxxichospital
Everybody My Sims Wont Wake Up
Heeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllppppppppppppppppppppp

I just noticed this post. So why did people disagree? It happens if something is too close to the bed for them to get up. Like a pet

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Lab Assistant
#204 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 7:13 PM
This looks sooo hard and so long, but funny as hell !
I will try this soon (and maybe translate it into french to be able to look quickly at the rules I will forgot in the beginning, because that will happen)
Lab Assistant
#205 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 2:47 AM
Sorry for the double post, but, if someone is playing this challenge, it could help : as I am translating the rules into french, I noticed the Military base rules and it says :

"Now, I realize that you will have townies wandering around the base where only military personnel should be. As far as I know, this cannot be avoided."

I just found this : http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=17.0

I am testing it on my neighborhood and it works just fine ! No townies allowed on community lots once you place the right Lady Hates Townies painting on the lot. Do that on every community lots of your military base, and it will just be perfect. And, on each round you play a household on the military base, just don't forget to click on your active Sim and ban townies. Then you can play the challenge in peace
Forum Resident
#206 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 2:36 AM
I have a question- I am playing with these rules-
http://boolprop.prophpbb.com/topic36.html
and do you guys think it would be okay for my Sims to get the hacked coat hook to be able to fix any ugly townies' appearances 'till I get a clothing store (because my Founder is going to own a grocery store so that's not an option for that family and I don't want to have to wait to get clothes..).
Lab Assistant
#207 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 3:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Alpal425
I have a question- I am playing with these rules-
http://boolprop.prophpbb.com/topic36.html
and do you guys think it would be okay for my Sims to get the hacked coat hook to be able to fix any ugly townies' appearances 'till I get a clothing store (because my Founder is going to own a grocery store so that's not an option for that family and I don't want to have to wait to get clothes..).

I really think you play the rules you want. I personnally never use hacks even when it's allowed, just because I like difficulties, and real challenges. I only use hacks when I don't have any other choices but using it if I really want to follow the rules.
But this is a challenge, so having ugly townies at the beggining is a part of it, don't you think ?
Forum Resident
#208 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 3:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xmathyx
I really think you play the rules you want. I personnally never use hacks even when it's allowed, just because I like difficulties, and real challenges. I only use hacks when I don't have any other choices but using it if I really want to follow the rules.
But this is a challenge, so having ugly townies at the beggining is a part of it, don't you think ?

Well, I'm playing that version because it's like the simple rules, just has a few more difficulties. It's just I can't stand the sight of most townies, especially when it's this challenge because my founder, who's a farmer, fell for La Shawn Cameron- a common townie except she wears future/gamer geek clothes. Like, really?!
Lab Assistant
#209 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 4:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Alpal425
Well, I'm playing that version because it's like the simple rules, just has a few more difficulties. It's just I can't stand the sight of most townies, especially when it's this challenge because my founder, who's a farmer, fell for La Shawn Cameron- a common townie except she wears future/gamer geek clothes. Like, really?!

I know what you mean ! maybe you can use this as an opportunity to create a unexpected story in your challenge ! Like "the two lovers that had nothing in common", it can be a good base to a strange relationship, like : your founder is all the time criticizing his partner, causing strife, but love is stronger than anything (or conversely, it continues in divorce with a good excuse to finish in stepfamilies: to found several households, it's interesting too) :D
Forum Resident
#210 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 7:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xmathyx
I know what you mean ! maybe you can use this as an opportunity to create a unexpected story in your challenge ! Like "the two lovers that had nothing in common", it can be a good base to a strange relationship, like : your founder is all the time criticizing his partner, causing strife, but love is stronger than anything (or conversely, it continues in divorce with a good excuse to finish in stepfamilies: to found several households, it's interesting too) :D

Or maybe SimPE Sim Surgery would do the trick?
Top Secret Researcher
#211 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 9:53 AM
I am playing by the original rules, and while I WANT my sims to keep their ugly/inappropriate clothes until there is somewhere they can buy new ones, I think you should totally use the hacked coat.
Challenges are supposed to be fun and interesting for the player, and it's not like it's breaking a challenge rule. Like say letting the founder have a job in an unlocked career.
Forum Resident
#212 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 3:29 AM
I wanted to try this again. I just have trouble playing a family for generations on end. I have a question..

How do you personally keep track of the town and all the rest of the details? I downloaded the rules for the complicated one, and all of that math is confusing me so I decided to stick with that boolprop forums one. I tried the spreadsheet style, I added way too many boxes to fill in for each Sim. I tried using family echo, but that can only keep track of one family at a time and I don't want to create a whole bunch of family trees, as I cannot see the whole town's tree lined up together. I was thinking of a combination between the two, but I just kept switching tabs every 5 seconds.
Lab Assistant
#213 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 4:55 AM
I did an Excel file that keep track by itself. I just have to fill some boxes when something is happening (a fire, burglary, new community lot, new baby... and so on) and it tells me everything else. I'm still testing it to be sure that it's all ok with my formulas (so far it is).

I talk about it here : http://bacc-littlelittlesimmies.tum...es-regles-de-ce

Is that what you are looking for ? I can share it in a day or two if it can be useful to someone else...

This spreadsheet does not keep track of families like who's son/daughter is this Sim or whatever like that. With the rules I play I don't need to know things like that, but I keep track of each Sim just for my pleasure in tumblr with links from a Sim to another, what is not requires to play the rules from the first post of this thread. It's just that I like doing this.
Lab Assistant
#214 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 11:50 AM
I personally use an excel spreadsheet I created. It's got everything on there which is handy. You do have to keep switching tabs and sometimes I have sims unaccounted for on the spreadsheet, by my own fault. Other than that, it's a good way to keep organised in terms of a BACC.

Is anyone else playing each rotation as a season? If so you might want simwardrobe's seasons controller to help out. I've just learned of this and wanted to let you lot know.
Test Subject
#215 Old 3rd May 2015 at 5:31 PM
Ive started this challenge and im already at round 3 with icads changes minus the poor shacks i just move my poor sims into appartments like real life because i have the UC anyway another thing i do is let my random maried teens go to university like born-in-game sims because i dont hate university
Field Researcher
#216 Old 10th May 2015 at 9:10 PM
I'm going to start this once my Sims get out of college. I'll do some changes, though: I'm gonna start with a couple and I won't create a new hood, instead I'll make it a subhood.
Test Subject
#217 Old 12th May 2015 at 3:16 AM
That's what I'm sorta doing, PanAm. I'm getting my Prosperity challenge wrapped up first, then using those individuals (after I do a plague-roll - may the Sim-Gods help me) to start up a Build A Kingdom-International challenge.
Test Subject
#218 Old 16th May 2015 at 12:39 PM
I'm currently in the process of creating my own ruleset for this. I'm sort of taking bits and pieces from different versions and then adding in my own stuff as well. Once I'm done with it, I'll post it here just in case anyone else is interested in another variation of this. I'm really bad at sticking with challenges, so I'm trying my best to create rules that will cause me to be more likely to continue it long term.
Test Subject
#219 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 8:13 AM
I've started this challenge but I don't have the Open For Business Starter Pack. How else can I get community lots? Also the familyfunds cheat doesn't seem to work for me, other ones like motherlode work but not familyfunds so I can't set my family's money amount. My sim is now married and pregnant but she has no groceries!
Field Researcher
#220 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 6:13 PM
I'd like to know some "unusual" jobs to include in my variation of the challenge - right now, I have Power Plant (the document where it is explained is attached). What others can I include?
Attached files:
File Type: rar  BACC Careers.rar (11.0 KB, 40 downloads) - View custom content
Instructor
#221 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 8:42 PM
(Quote)
That's what I'm sorta doing, PanAm. I'm getting my Prosperity challenge wrapped up first, then using those individuals (after I do a plague-roll - may the Sim-Gods help me) to start up a Build A Kingdom-International challenge.[/QUOTE)

This sounds interesting, kbjr13! I'd love to hear more of your ideas about how you plan to do this. I have started the International Challenge with the idea of seeing which country becomes the most successful and then building it up.

Find all of my Challenges in MTS Sims 2 Challenges "Ye Olde" Section:
Vllygrl's By George! Regency Play Style/Challenge; Regency/Victorian ROS;
The Medieval Charter Challenge & ROS for MCC;
The Crown of Laurels Challenge; & Besieged! New Medieval Challenge & Medieval ROS.
Field Researcher
#222 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 12:45 PM
@iCad
My couple is one semester away from graduating and starting this challenge, with some tweaks I made. But I have one question from the original ruleset: the goal is to reach 50k population, with multipliers, but the population is counted like:
- this: (living Sims + deceased Sims) X Multiplier?
- or this: living Sims X Multiplier?
Lab Assistant
#223 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 1:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PanAm103
@iCad
My couple is one semester away from graduating and starting this challenge, with some tweaks I made. But I have one question from the original ruleset: the goal is to reach 50k population, with multipliers, but the population is counted like:
- this: (living Sims + deceased Sims) X Multiplier?
- or this: living Sims X Multiplier?
i think its living sims + the deceased x multiplier
Field Researcher
#224 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 9:58 PM
Welcome to Alenquer!

This is my BACC neighborhood, Alenquer. It is actually a sub-hood of Strangetown. It is called Alenquer in honor of the founder, Francisco Alenquer (Francis J. Worthington III from La Fiesta Tech, so you can call the hood Worthington if you think Portuguese is too hard). It currently has a population of 17 Sims, with another on the way. Since my multiplier is 3, the population is 51.
This strange lot that looks like ruins is the Jumbok IV Museum (the collection is inside the ruins), and it was Method A. All other lots are Method B lots - a grocery store (Rank 10), a Dance Studio (Rank 5), a Skating Rink (Rank 1), a Snapdragon Shop (Rank 4) and finally, a Clothes Shop (Rank 0 - haven't played it yet).
I will keep you updated.

EDIT: Come on you guys! I know that there are people out there playing this challenge! Keep this thread alive!
Test Subject
#225 Old 6th Sep 2015 at 10:27 AM
I definitely think I'm going to give this challenge a shot, but with a historical edge.

I want my founders to be settling a coastal city in the late 1700s/early 1800s, so I'm planning on making a few historical tweaks. I will post pics as soon as I have it up and running!

This is a challenge I've wanted to do for YEARS and never got around to doing. I'm excited!
Page 9 of 15