Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 1:42 PM
Default Favorite Disney (or Pixar/Dreamworks/Whatever Else) films
I made a Disney station on Pandora and I was wondering what everyone's favorite animated movies are? I have 5 favorite Disney movies. I like them all equally.
-Mulan
-Tangled
-The Lion King
-Hercules
-The Aristocats

As far as Dreamworks goes, How To Train Your Dragon takes the cake. No contest whatsoever. As far as Pixar goes, Up might take the cake. That or Toy Story 3.

I'm a mess when it comes to animated movies. I swear, I cry in every movie.

Say no to bug babies.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 1:52 PM
I thought "Up" was shockingly good. It's funny, charming, tragic. I don't usually even watch these sorts of films. I don't recall what possessed me to watch Up - I think it might have been this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVxe...nel_video_title ... but I've seen the movie more than once. I was really surprised how deep it was. The montage of Carl and Ellie's life together definitely makes the ol eyes wet.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 2:05 PM
I was pretty much sobbing, quietly of course, during that part. It may have been a bit out of the reach of a few kids in the theater. The little boy in the row in front of us was asking what happened to the baby. I watched the Academy Awards and basically yelled with happiness when it won Best Animated Feature.

Say no to bug babies.
Theorist
#4 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 2:18 PM
Up was wonderful. Then the kid's movie started and I was less impressed. The beginning though? That was maybe the best bits of Western animation ever. Not Grave of the Fireflies/everything by Miyazaki good, but really tight.

For Disney films I'm pretty much stuck on Beauty & the Beast, The Little Mermaid, and Aladdin. Those were the movies that were recent when my daughter was young, and pretty much my only respite against Barney. I dunno if I'd be so happy with them without that mental reference, but a few of the songs in those are still among my favorites. That's as good as any musical gets most of the time.
Banned
#5 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 11:04 PM
The Aristocats. Love it.
Test Subject
#6 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 9:01 AM
"tarzan." definitely one of my top favourites. also "101 dalmatians", but only for roger radcliffe.
as for pixar, i don't really have a definite favourite; they're all good, in my opinion, but there just hasn't been a pixar movie that completely impressed me (or made me bawl. farthest i've gone was just teary eyes). i'm currently waiting on monsters inc. 2, however.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 12:41 AM
Number 1 would defo be Jungle Book. Then, T.H.o.N.D.

Been downloading like crazy...so many great creators here! Neglecting forums...will be back soon...ish.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 9:22 AM
I love UP! it is funny yet make me cry at the end. very inspiring. But my all time fav is Lion King! rawwr!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 2:44 AM
• Toy Story [1, 2 + 3].
• Finding Nemo.
• Kung Fu Panda.
• The Emperor's New Groove.
• Tangled.
• The Lion King.
• Monster's Inc.
• Enchanted.
• Shrek [1, 2 + 3]. I haven't seen the fourth installment yet.

Those are all the ones I can think of off the top of my head.
Test Subject
#10 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 3:07 AM
my favorite disney movies are:
the lion king
The little mermaid
Mulan
Cars
Banned
#11 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 4:48 AM
The Lion King is my favorite cartoon EVER.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 5:59 AM
The Lion King, 101 Dalmations, Mulan and Alladin are my favourites.

I also really liked Up.... but it was a bit too sad for me. If I watched it again I would have to fast forward through the beginning. I seriously SOBBED in the theater for the first half hour or so....

Eagles may soar, but bunnies don't get sucked into jet engines
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 6:03 AM
Anastasia (one of my favourite movies ever!)
The Lion King
Mulan
Tangled (I went to see this with my niece and was laughing more than she was)
The Little Mermaid
Mad Poster
#14 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 8:11 AM Last edited by VerDeTerre : 12th Nov 2011 at 9:07 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by AngryBunny.
Anastasia (one of my favourite movies ever!)
The Lion King
Mulan
Tangled (I went to see this with my niece and was laughing more than she was)
The Little Mermaid

You listed two that I haven't seen nor heard of : Anastasia and Tangled. I'll have to check those out.

My favorite Disney movie, that gets me in tears each time, is Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey. After that I adore Babe (I cry every time the farmer sings and jigs for the pig) and Toy Story. I also love Mulan and I love the music in The Little Mermaid and Pocahontas. It's hard to pick just one movie, that's for sure!

As for Up: I thought it was awesome. My grown son and I stayed with our eyes glued to the screen through all the credits drinking in every detail. What an incredible work of art and the story was beautiful. That is an amazing movie.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 11:12 PM
Tangled
Up
The Emperors New Groove
The Little Mermaid
Finding Nemo
Mulan
Toy Story 1,2,3
Scholar
#16 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 4:53 AM
The Emperors New Groove
Lion King
Happy Feet
Monsters Inc.
Mulan
Finding Nemo
Alladin (I think I spelled that wrong)
Beauty and the Beast

There's probably more, but these are the ones that come to mind.
Banned
#17 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 5:32 AM
I like 101 Dalmations because I love Cruella De Ville. She reminds me so much of myself...
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 5:48 AM
I love:

Aladdin
Beauty and the Beast
The Little Mermaid
The Hunchback of Notre Dame
The Emperor's New Groove
Sleeping Beauty

And contrary to popular belief, Anastasia is actually not a Disney movie. It's still probably one of my all time favorite animated movies. There were some really great songs from its soundtrack.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 8:41 PM
all the Toy Story movies
Alice in Wonderland
Lady and the Tramp
101 Dalmatians

Everyone's saying Lion King and Aladdin but I've never seen either :L

You gonna do something killer?
C'mon give it a try...
Test Subject
#20 Old 15th Nov 2011 at 3:34 AM
- Monsters Inc.
- Sleeping Beauty
- Beauty and the Beast

Hard to pick only one... >.<
Inventor
#21 Old 15th Nov 2011 at 3:44 AM
My whatever else picks would be:
--All Dogs Go to Heaven
--An American Tail: Fievel Goes West
--Ferngully

Disney/Pixar:
--The Lion King
--The Nightmare Before Christmas [bought out by Disney, apparently]
--Mulan
--Beauty and the Beast
--Fantasia
--The Fox and the Hound
--The Rescuers Down Under
--Aladdin
--A Goofy Movie
--James and the Giant Peach
--Homeward Bound
--Monsters Inc.

Oh goodness... when does it stop?!

"Goonies never say die."
Test Subject
#22 Old 3rd Mar 2013 at 5:22 PM
Beauty and the Beast
The Little Mermaid
Mulan
The Jungle Book
Scholar
#23 Old 3rd Mar 2013 at 5:51 PM
Disney/Pixar:
Brave
Up
Mulan
Tangled
Monsters Inc.
Toy Story (all of them)
The Emperor's New Groove

Dreamworks:
Shrek (but only the first one. The others were good/okay, but their not my all-time favorites)
How to Train Your Dragon

All Dogs go to Heaven was a pretty good movie, too, so that'll go in the whatever else category, along with Anastasia.

*These are in no particular order. I just named them as they came to mind*

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Mad Poster
#24 Old 3rd Mar 2013 at 6:03 PM Last edited by VerDeTerre : 3rd Mar 2013 at 6:19 PM. Reason: Added Bolding
Has anyone mentioned Gerry's Game, the little short about the old man playing chess that comes before Toy Story? I love that one!

Dreamworks is releasing another film this month called The Croods about a prehistoric family staring Nicholas Cage, Emma Stone, and Cloris Leachman. The guy (guys) who did How to Train Your Dragon are doing this one, too, so it should be good.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 3rd Mar 2013 at 10:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dickies_icebox
Beauty and the Beast
The Little Mermaid
Mulan
The Jungle Book

No need to bring back a dead thread

My favourite Disney movie was The Lion King.

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Page 1 of 2