Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#9151 Old 16th May 2015 at 10:10 PM
Yes we really need them. I don't know what they were thinking when they didn't include a way to order your Sims to just stay away from activities that are out of season, that seems like it would be such an easy thing to code.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#9152 Old 16th May 2015 at 10:26 PM
Ever since I made her, the game REALLY wants to stomp her flat with meteor showers...

Ever since I made her, she's has been burglarized by the same burglar & meteors just want to drop on her head...
Since she has a brave trait, level 10 athletic & a black belt simfu, she can always beat the snot out off the burglar without any effort.

You know when people said 3 is the charm? It is. Why? Because on the third time she's being burglarized by the same burglar, the meteor decided to take a visit while she's having her epic showdown. I just sat there, cancel the fight & tell her to run & I scream "Run bitch, run!"

She lost everything from the initial impact, but that's not the worst. Why? I realized I have just installed More Intense Fire mod & I picked the 500 fire version...
Lab Assistant
#9153 Old 17th May 2015 at 4:21 AM
Evil or inappropriate sims LOVE to crash parties. Each time I throw a party, there will be at least one uninvited sim (which I notice have either traits mentioned above).
Alchemist
#9154 Old 17th May 2015 at 5:44 AM
The Sim Finder app apparently doesn't find any Sims... It creates a new townie instead. If you specify the traits / age / gender / sign instead of "surprise me!", they will be created just as specified, including the additional traits from AwesomeMod. If you pick traits that conflict each other, only the first trait will be chosen. I picked Supernatural Fan, Supernatural Skeptic, Grumpy, Hot-Headed, and Excitable as the traits, and the created townie ended up having only 2 traits.

Quote: Originally posted by lindali365
Pool covers, we need pool covers! Think it's too late to ask EA for them? (yes). Everything else can be put in the family inventory for the winter, but deleting the pool is not an option in my games. I'd let my Sims freeze first. Someone always comes running with a hair dryer anyway.

In TS2 Seasons, I read in Prima guide that the pool has an advanced technology or something that cools Sims down in summer but heat them up in winter when they swim. I don't know the case in TS3 Seasons though. Maybe the technology is going backwards after all. .

Just call me Nikel
Inventor
#9156 Old 17th May 2015 at 8:39 AM
Uhm... it could be as simple as putting a check in the ITUN of the interactions (just before </BaseAvailability>)
Code:
<Seasons SnowLevelValue="-1" />

-1 or -2, not sure what the value means exactly, but I don't have Seasons so I'll leave the testing to someone else.

It's probably not very accurate anyway, that should check the snow in the ground,
not the current temperature (presuming that causes the freezing).
Test Subject
#9157 Old 17th May 2015 at 6:05 PM
...this status from nraas Tagger for a Sim giving birth.

Instructor
#9158 Old 18th May 2015 at 4:38 AM
I learned that if you tell an adult to pick up and toddler and feed him and he then wonders to the top of a stair case the adult will never pick him up. They will just get stuck in an endless loop going up and down the stairs until the game crashes.
#9159 Old 18th May 2015 at 5:08 AM
@Lonerbum your sim has a great face despite the misfortune the game wishes to rain down on her.
Instructor
#9160 Old 18th May 2015 at 1:57 PM
I learned that Husband and Wife Sims can not share the same bed or even the same bedroom if you give them separate beds. Sims can only get into bed from the right hand side so they can't share a bed and most bedrooms are not big enough to have two single beds spaced in a way that they can be entered from the right hand side. I have to wonder why double beds are even included in the game. Also it means you need one more room for your family then you would need in real life or one of your sims can only nap on the coach. What a hassle.
Lab Assistant
#9161 Old 18th May 2015 at 2:56 PM Last edited by Lonerbum : 18th May 2015 at 5:09 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by fairycake89
@Lonerbum your sim has a great face despite the misfortune the game wishes to rain down on her.

Yeah, that's why I love my Alexa so much! (yeah that's her name) I think I need to learn how to master the CAS skill so I can make better-looking sims.
Not sure if it's because I gave her "Loves the Outdoors" trait, though. Would that also explains why the game keep raining meteors down on her?
Lab Assistant
#9162 Old 18th May 2015 at 3:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EvilMcNastySim2015
I learned that Husband and Wife Sims can not share the same bed or even the same bedroom if you give them separate beds. Sims can only get into bed from the right hand side so they can't share a bed and most bedrooms are not big enough to have two single beds spaced in a way that they can be entered from the right hand side. I have to wonder why double beds are even included in the game. Also it means you need one more room for your family then you would need in real life or one of your sims can only nap on the coach. What a hassle.

I have no idea what this means or if I'm misunderstanding it somehow, are you actually saying sims cannot use double beds? I have no doubt they can, and they can also enter from both sides. So what you're saying makes no sense to me, unless of course your game is glitching and you're talking about that instead of default game behaviour.
Alchemist
#9163 Old 18th May 2015 at 5:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kimikobristen
I have no idea what this means or if I'm misunderstanding it somehow, are you actually saying sims cannot use double beds? I have no doubt they can, and they can also enter from both sides. So what you're saying makes no sense to me, unless of course your game is glitching and you're talking about that instead of default game behaviour.

Also, you can really place 2 single beds in a 3-tile wide room, where the beds are separated by a free space inbetween. Sims can sleep on both beds just fine, as long as no one is standing beside the bed, or the Sim cannot get up.

Just call me Nikel
Instructor
#9164 Old 18th May 2015 at 5:25 PM
Well all I know is that I have a assigned sides and not assigned sides and tried every bed in the game and both Sims try to enter every bed from the right side and if there is another Sims in the bed(Even one they are married to and very happy with)or another bed is in the room they just refuse to get in and throw their little fit claiming that there is no way to get at the bed. As long as the other Sims is in the room or there is another Sim no matter how tired they are or how low their mood is this happens. They will use a double bed if there is no one else around but the moment someone else gets in on the right hand side they say there is no way to get in the bed. I have even tried placing the bed in a completely empty room and I have tried this with all of my custom sims and several premade ones that came with the game and it always happens. I am guessing the A.I's path finding wasn't coded to find away into beds from more then one side.

It's not the biggest deal in the world but it sure is a hassle to work around and it makes the game feel a little less real. Still I was able to work around it so it isn't the worst thing that could have happened.
One Minute Ninja'd
#9165 Old 18th May 2015 at 6:32 PM
Well, in 6 years of playing, I have never once had a problem with double beds like the one you describe. Perhaps you have some sort of mod in your game that's interfering? And is this occurring between YA/A, or is it Teen/YA (even if married). If it's teen/YA, that's a problem related to the age difference, and the married check doesn't override it. In that case, you need the Sleep Freedom mod over on NRaas which will allow teens or teen/YA to share a bed. But if it's 2 YA/A, you probably have some mod in game that's busting up the sleep arrangement. Pull your mods folder out completely and see if they can both get in a bed that way.
Instructor
#9166 Old 18th May 2015 at 7:27 PM
Yeah I take it no one else has had this problem. Several of the couples I tried were both adults with no age difference and I got rid of my mods but that didn't do anything, even when i started a new game. Up until last week I had never really played as a family only a single Sim so I don't know how widespread the problem is all I know is that it has been a problem for me for the past week.

As I said I was able to work around it so it's not a big deal but it sure makes these people look stupid.
Mad Poster
#9167 Old 18th May 2015 at 7:44 PM
I've never seen this reported before. The game often does route a sim to the "wrong" side of the bed. That is, the one that is already occupied. I've watched this many times and it immediately re-routes the arriving sim to the vacant side.

But sims refusing to sleep in the same room as another sim, whether in the same bed or not, suggests something different is going on. Perhaps their relationship scores aren't high enough? Sims won't want to sleep in the same room as someone they don't like, especially if they aren't blood relations.

Either that or you have something unusual in your game folder, though not a mod since you've ruled those out, that is blocking this. Perhaps you could try this out on a clean folder test game?
Instructor
#9168 Old 18th May 2015 at 7:51 PM
Yeah I will give that a shot. I don't think it was the sims not liking each other because they were elated and when I spent a whole day controlling the kids I came back and found them watching the stars together and the wife had the wish to have a baby with the husband and he wanted them to go at in the kid's tree house.

By the way am I the only one who has the reaction of "Yuck!" when I see that. I mean come on, are you trying to mess your kids up?
One Minute Ninja'd
#9169 Old 18th May 2015 at 8:00 PM
If it makes you feel any better, if they do it in the tree house, they can get a negative moodlet concerning splinters in places you really don't want them........................
Mad Poster
#9170 Old 18th May 2015 at 8:01 PM
By the way am I the only one who has the reaction of "Yuck!" when I see that. I mean come on, are you trying to mess your kids up?

No, the sauna is worse. Not that there's anything wrong with being intimate in a sauna, but the next sim who comes along will want to steam their veggies there.

Wait, that's not a euphemism, I mean actually cook their vegetables for dinner in the same place. And I've never been able to find a surface sanitizer mod.
Theorist
#9171 Old 18th May 2015 at 11:38 PM

That is so weird. That's never happened to me - even in my smallest (poorest) houses where the "master bedroom" is 7X4, both husband and wife (or wife/wife, husband/husband) go to either side of the double bed and get in. Sounds like a glitch.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Instructor
#9172 Old 18th May 2015 at 11:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
No, the sauna is worse. Not that there's anything wrong with being intimate in a sauna, but the next sim who comes along will want to steam their veggies there.

Wait, that's not a euphemism, I mean actually cook their vegetables for dinner in the same place. And I've never been able to find a surface sanitizer mod.

So everyone in The Sims should have either an STD or food poisoning at this point, right?
Scholar
#9173 Old 19th May 2015 at 12:20 AM
Well all I know is that I have a assigned sides and not assigned sides and tried every bed in the game and both Sims try to enter every bed from the right side and if there is another Sims in the bed(Even one they are married to and very happy with)or another bed is in the room they just refuse to get in and throw their little fit claiming that there is no way to get at the bed. As long as the other Sims is in the room or there is another Sim no matter how tired they are or how low their mood is this happens. They will use a double bed if there is no one else around but the moment someone else gets in on the right hand side they say there is no way to get in the bed. I have even tried placing the bed in a completely empty room and I have tried this with all of my custom sims and several premade ones that came with the game and it always happens. I am guessing the A.I's path finding wasn't coded to find away into beds from more then one side.

It's not the biggest deal in the world but it sure is a hassle to work around and it makes the game feel a little less real. Still I was able to work around it so it isn't the worst thing that could have happened.

How do you have assigned sides...if i may ask?

i know that you can assign beds...but never noticed assigned sides...
Instructor
#9174 Old 19th May 2015 at 1:41 AM
you just click on one side of the bed and assign it to one sim and then you click on the other and assign it to another, at least that is the way I think it is supposed to work, I have never gotten it to work myself.
Instructor
#9175 Old 19th May 2015 at 2:41 AM
That aliens can steal space rocks from the science center!
Page 367 of 490