Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#9176 Old 19th May 2015 at 3:12 AM
Having an overstuffed household and not having enough room for all the toddlers or babies in the family photo on startup, can result in some weird (and humorous) images.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Alchemist
#9177 Old 19th May 2015 at 6:07 PM
Today I learned that if you delete a savegame from the main menu of the game, it's actually gone forever, not moved to the Recycle Bin.
Luckily, deleting it was intentional
Instructor
#9178 Old 20th May 2015 at 1:01 PM
I discovered that if camping pit doesn't have chairs around it they wil appear if sim want to roast something.
Lab Assistant
#9179 Old 20th May 2015 at 5:40 PM Last edited by kimikobristen : 20th May 2015 at 6:10 PM.
I'm not sure if the game is supposed to do this, but each time there's a leaf stack, and someone dispose of it (or didn't), there would be squirrel nearby. There's so much squirrel/chipmunks around my sim's house!
Test Subject
#9180 Old 21st May 2015 at 4:24 AM
Today i learned you can adjust the height of different sections of roof even if you use the auto roof tool! (i thought you could'nt so that was exciting)
Alchemist
#9181 Old 21st May 2015 at 10:19 PM
You know how you can make frotticinos and other weird crap on the coffee machine?
Well, a while ago while at uni I learned that the mugs that sims drink that coffee from...are actually empty.

Forum Resident
#9182 Old 22nd May 2015 at 1:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EvilMcNastySim2015
you just click on one side of the bed and assign it to one sim and then you click on the other and assign it to another, at least that is the way I think it is supposed to work, I have never gotten it to work myself.

I've had mixed results with this myself. My Sim wears glasses and I have a pair of deco eyeglasses on the dresser next to one side of the bed so I like her to sleep on that side. I assigned it to her and assigned the other side to her hubby and it worked for about a sim-week and then he started sleeping on her side and would also go to that side autonomously. So I was like fine and I moved the glasses to the other side. And then a few days later, he started sleeping on that side again! I should just make her a widow.
Instructor
#9183 Old 22nd May 2015 at 3:42 AM
Oh good night!

In real life I think that situation would end in murder. How stupid can you get?
Scholar
#9184 Old 22nd May 2015 at 9:04 AM
My Sim named Krystal is at the top of the music career (symphony branch), and I noticed while hanging out near the book store that she could hold an autograph session. Now the autograph session is something I knew about and had tried before, but had no idea how it worked and never actually had anything happen when I tried it. This time however, there were a bunch of people already hanging around the store when I tried it and suddenly they pretty much all wanted an autograph. So I discovered how to actually hold the autograph session, FINALLY! Sure I could have looked it up before, but it didn't seem like anything worth looking up, plus if I really wanted I was just going to figure it out myself which I finally did.

I also discovered that holding an autograph session can be a big pain in the butt if there are a lot of people around. I discovered that some get mad at you for not signing an autograph, and that your relationship apparently drops when someone gets mad. I lost a couple of friends that Krystal was just barely friends with because of it. Remind me to never hold another autograph session when half of the town is nearby!
Instructor
#9185 Old 22nd May 2015 at 5:02 PM
That teen sims can learn to drive on a motorcycle alone, while the parent is suspended on the sidewalk in front of the house, essentially not being able to do anything until the teen is done.
Scholar
#9186 Old 22nd May 2015 at 9:17 PM
The other day I came across an NPC in one of my towns singing outside the Elixir Consignment store. He was singing a number I'd never heard before, and I've often played the singer career and taken two of my sims right to the top of it, but they never got to sing that particular song. Well, I feel kind of cheated really. Maybe there's something I missed. Are there hidden songs in Showtime?
Instructor
#9187 Old 22nd May 2015 at 10:07 PM
That buying the "no bills ever" reward is useless if your sims forgot to pay the bills prior to it! (reposim came, deleted family.)
One Minute Ninja'd
#9188 Old 23rd May 2015 at 12:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by southparkrocks
That buying the "no bills ever" reward is useless if your sims forgot to pay the bills prior to it! (reposim came, deleted family.)

But, you would never have had a bill arrive after that little blip in their life. I know seeing the repo man is traumatic, but nuking your whole family out of shame might have been an overreaction. But, your game, your rules.
Instructor
#9189 Old 23rd May 2015 at 1:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
But, you would never have had a bill arrive after that little blip in their life. I know seeing the repo man is traumatic, but nuking your whole family out of shame might have been an overreaction. But, your game, your rules.

You may be right about that.
Instructor
#9190 Old 23rd May 2015 at 2:11 AM
I just reset the repoman every time I forget to pay the bills
Lab Assistant
#9191 Old 23rd May 2015 at 2:42 AM Last edited by kimikobristen : 26th May 2015 at 1:23 AM.
My sister just told me that when she played yesterday, her fairy sim autonomously went to the UFO Taker(?) machine, which you can play/use to get toys using the claw thing. The fairy shrunk and went inside the machine to get a toy! I never knew they could do that.

About the repoman, I use automatic active billing because I always total annihilate them usually anyway. I would let them take my things if I couldn't pay the bills, not when I simply forgot.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#9192 Old 24th May 2015 at 5:54 PM
I knew that your your teen sim could snub other sims. But I learned that other teens you don't control, can autonomously snub your sim.
My teen sim needed a new friend. I asked another teen out for a group outing, Ethan Bunch; then he started snubbing my sim. I just wasn't having it so I made them enemies. After my sim beat up Ethan Bunch, let's just say, he knew not to snub her anymore.
Scholar
#9193 Old 25th May 2015 at 12:12 AM
Ever notice how the Sims games borrow the names you give them? I gave some of my sims entirely made up names (so far as I know, they're made up), Elynda for example and several others from stories I've written but never published. And then I spotted game generated sims walking about with MY names! The same thing happened in Sims Medieval when I created an evil queen named Katalla, the next time I played the game there was one of the town guards walking around with that name. What clinched it though was that Sims 3 even pinched my accidental typos: I still have the odd 'Guna' (Gina) showing up.
Instructor
#9194 Old 25th May 2015 at 4:06 AM
I discovered that Sims are the worst parents.

Would you trust this guy who dislikes children and is known for going into other peoples' houses and smashing dollhouses with your kids?

Well I had him open a day care and this guy who picks fights with everyone he comes across when he goes out in public had people lining up to leave their kids with him.

What is wrong with these people?!
Instructor
#9195 Old 25th May 2015 at 12:28 PM
Oh and if anyone is wondering, here is the outcome of letting this guy run a daycare.

Some of the parents brought their kids back the next day!
Instructor
#9196 Old 25th May 2015 at 5:31 PM
Pets can eat from plates on the floor. Who knew.
Test Subject
#9197 Old 27th May 2015 at 2:18 PM
Today I discovered 4 things
1.) Your Sims rub their hands in glee, before they eat a meal.

2.) An amazing glitch that gave my ghost kid a degree with a perfect GPA.

3.) If you make kids in CAS, one can actually be older than the other by days, up to 3 days.

4.) Your Sims kids can see the same thing but want different things. The kids mentioned above saw their dad die, one wanted to become a doctor and the other master of evil. It was amazing.

MY FIRST EVER POST ON MODTHESIMS.
Alchemist
#9198 Old 27th May 2015 at 2:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SapphireRush20
MY FIRST EVER POST ON MODTHESIMS.

Welcome!
The hand-rubbing thing happens only if it's their favorite meal, though. It's really cute.

I learned that if a Rebellious sim picks the "Grovel to Leader"/"Suck Up to Boss" etc. interaction at work, they will get the "Sell-Out" moodlet
Description: "Giving in to the man is a disheartening act. Hopefully you're getting something nice out of it."
Instructor
#9199 Old 28th May 2015 at 3:51 AM
After all this time, I learned today that there are more juice options with the child's lemonade stand than just lemonade, limeade:

Apple Juice
Banana Juice
Carrot Juice
Eggplant Juice
Grape Juice
Life Fruit Juice
Plasma Juice
Potato Juice (umm, just no)
Tomato Juice
Watermelon Juice

I found this out by using NRaas Debug Enabler to stock the empty stand when I saw a child tending it in the park (it auto stocked, that's when I saw all these juice options).
Lab Assistant
#9200 Old 29th May 2015 at 8:30 PM
I discovered that on the console sims 3, if you leave a sim alone with 3 of his baby daughters for 2 hours, you come home finding the babies in the garden and their father asleep.
Page 368 of 490