Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Feb 2014 at 2:31 PM Last edited by maybesomethingdunno : 27th Feb 2014 at 2:04 AM. Reason: Merged posts: 4331115, 4335021, 4337765
Hi all,

I created a sim in maid clothes in CAS (debug mode was on) and wanted her to be a real maid, not only by appearance...
Then, I changed her Family ID in SimPE and she showed up under NPCs...
I copied the NPC type code (under Others Tab) from Kaylynn and added it to her.

And I gave her 10 cleaning skill 7 cooking skill, 5 charisma skill, 3 creativity skill and 1 logic skill...
Ingame, she doesn't work as an NPCs I mean the game generates a new maid but I did not save... Because I want my created maid as a maid rather than a new generated maxis maid...

I red somewhere that I have to add some special behaviors to the sim but which behaviors?

I tried it, I added the behaviors and other stuff...but it didn't work.
What did I wrong?

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Advertisement
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Feb 2014 at 2:15 AM
Hi Jawusa. It was only after I merged your posts that I saw that you didn't simply post multiple times within the same day with complete disregard for the "edit" button. So at least, it gave me a chance to practice these staff tools. I now know how to merge posts.

Creating new, custom NPCs that are not already a part of the game is an advanced project. Fortunately for you, maids already exist and there is no need to recreate the wheel.

I would recommend you use the Ugly NPC/Townie Makeover Tutorial to swap the appearance of an existing maid NPC to that of your Sim. (You can still make adjustments to their skills in SimPE if you want).

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Feb 2014 at 7:39 AM
Oh I'm sorry about the multiple posts...

Anyway, thank you for the tutorial.
I wanted a maid to be the sister of a sim.

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#4 Old 28th Feb 2014 at 1:53 AM
I don't often mess around with my Sims' family tree and when I do, it's usually via InSim in game. You should be able to make family tree adjustments in SimPE though. I don't know of any harm that could be done with creating a family tie to a NPC, but if there is maybe someone will chime in.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Feb 2014 at 6:53 AM
I downloaded the SimBlender yesterday.
There's a option for "Set Siblings"

I used that and now, she appears in the family tree.

My Simblr