Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Mar 2013 at 10:44 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Error and Uninstall
I don't know if anyone else has had this problem but I wanted to ask. I have mostly the new Sims game bundles like Deluxe and Fun With Pets. I tried to install Glamour Life which is the old box set. I don't think they ever came out with a bundle for that one. It starts to install, then at the end it tries to patch itself. This causes an error and the game uninstalls itself. I called EA and they had me install an old patch that would "hopefully" bypass that but it didn't work and they told me there was nothing I could do. I also tried installing it digitally through Origin and the same problem occurred.

Has anyone else experienced something like this?

Marebear<3333
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 24th Mar 2013 at 6:37 PM
That happened to me too. I uninstalled my latest expansion and then reinstalled it and reinstalled the stuff pack that was doing that. You might have to uninstall a few expansions before the reinstallation of glamour life installs properly. I think it was the ikea stuff pack that was doing that, uninstalling and reinstalling freetime, then patching it then reinstalling ikea and then it worked. I used these patches.