Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#151 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 2:51 AM
@Misanthrope
Not good at writing?! Bah. (I just read your story. :lovestruc )
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#152 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 3:46 AM
ME WANT MOAR APPLICANTS!!
And sim abuse! Muaaahahahahah.
Is there any applicant max number for this?

Facebook! | Find more of my stuff at my blog! | Tumblr | Donate
Forum Resident
#153 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 3:56 AM
I don't want eliminated though

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
Lab Assistant
#154 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 4:59 AM Last edited by ChloroformDreams : 23rd Jun 2011 at 9:02 AM. Reason: Updated status as per request
Default Final Entry
ETA: This is my final entry for this round; I won't be changing anything.

Well, if applications are still being accepted, I'd like to enter. I forgot how much fun contests are...

Jezebelle Morgan

My name is Jezebelle Morgan but if you have any compassion or a sense of self-preservation you'll call me Jez like everyone else. I'm twenty-one and I guess you could say I'm a bit of a thrill-seeker. Some people call me a daredevil, but really, I just like living life to the fullest. After climbing Mt. Kilisimjaro a couple of months ago, things have been going downhill (I swear I don't usually make bad puns) so I thought I'd try my hand at modelling. While it's a bit different from how I normally get my adrenaline fixes, I know it'll be thrilling nonetheless. Plus it'll give me a chance to show off my creative side which everyone always seems to overlook.

I Will Survive

Time is Running Out

If I've somehow messed up this entry or something, let me know. It's been forever and a day since I've done one of these so I'm a bit rusty to say the least. In the interest of breaking my streak of insomnia, I decided to forego descriptions on the photos, but please tell me if they're too vague without them.
Scholar
#155 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 5:25 AM
I love your pictures, they need no description. Well done, ChloroformDreams, well done.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." ~Albert Einstein
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.~F.D.R.
Field Researcher
#156 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 5:57 AM
updated!
Mine are a bit rubbish and abstract this time around but hey, at least they look like a 19 year old's ideas... Bearing there being no elims, I can try harder next round. (Don't get me wrong, those took me all night.)

ChloroformDreams - I wouldn't say those are vague at all; also, they're really good!
Instructor
#157 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 8:32 AM
Ok… Here are my thoughts on the first 7 contestants. Not scores or anything… just some feedback to help you on the upcoming rounds…. I was completely honest, but I tried to be tactful…. However if something I wrote hurts your feelings, I truly apologize….. That was not what I wanted to do…. Everyone has done amazing work…. I just tried to be a little nitpicky…. I did this because you guys did the work of taking the photos, so the least I can do as a judge is tell you my reasoning. I’ll get to the other contestants as soon as I can, but I’m just dead tired right now….

lilyandsnuggles2: Melenie Cartre
Headshot – While I would like to have seen a little creativity, you Sims face is completely visible. I would say your headshot is a little lackluster, but serves its main purpose. Your sim still seems rather maxis like and I would have like to have seen you taken her further.
Pic 1: I liked your interpretation of “Edge of Glory”. I thought the poses where well-chosen and I think you chose a lovely time of day to take the photo because the lighting is beautiful. However, I felt that everything about the text was wrong and detracted from the story your photo was trying to tell. Because of where the text was positioned and how it was colored, I found it distracting from your model and counterproductive to the overall feel of the picture. Also detracting from the photo and distracting from your model was the “Plumb bob” over her head. Maybe you could select an off screen sim as your active sim during the photo next time…. Also, until I read your text I didn’t realize they were positioned on a hill/mountain. I love the idea but I think it could have been executed a little more clearly.
Pic 2: I felt that you executed this picture a lot better than your first. I can clearly see the “I will survive” theme. The text and the environment are working together with your model to tell the same story in this picture. The only problem I have is the pose of your model. She’s running rather than really posing and while I like the movement being conveyed I wish you could have used a different pose that would show movement and be more model like.

Astraea Nevermore: Jorn Ilvonen
Headshot – I like how you took the headshot out of CAS. It looks like he has emotion in his eyes but nothing that keeps us from seeing his features. I like his hard-edge look, but I love that if you slicked his hair back, and cleaned him up, he’s still unique and original looking.
Pic 1: I can’t find too much fault in this picture. I like the setting, and I completely see the connection to “time is Running Out”. Love the wispy font and position of the text. The pose is great as well. My only complaint is that I wish you would have changed his look more. Models need to be versatile. We’ve seen him hard-edge, but he needs to be able to show more. He’s unique without the shaggy hair and lip piercing, so I would have liked to see what else he has to offer.
Pic 2: I like this picture because it’s understated. He’s showing emotion without using too much of his face. Love the pose; love the minimal use of props. In this picture, I think his punkish look works great with the theme of “Boulevard Of Broken Dreams”.

picass0blue: Ramona Lilley
Headshot – It’s functional as a headshot, but I again would like to have seen it taken out of CAS, and perhaps with a hairstyle that obscured less of her face. I like her distinctive look. She’s interesting, not too “pretty” and not maxis or pudding like, which is great.

Ngluvjj: Lyla Heimdall
Headshot – I like that this photo isn’t just a shot of her looking at us straight on. We can see her face, but she is out of CAS and the photo is still interesting. She looks a lot like a doll, which is fine. I just like the fact that she isn’t too maxis like.
Pic 1: I like this photo. The poses are great and the styling is perfect. However to me it seems that you ran with the “heaven” part and completely skipped the “stairway” section. If you had gone for a less literal approach, that would have been fine, but you have your model literally flying to heaven, so I think it would have been good to literally tie in the stairs somehow too. In that aspect I feel you didn’t complete the theme because it just seems like you were picking and choosing. Also, you did not label this picture.
Pic 2: I like the pose and the styling of this picture if the theme was “ballerina”. However, while the setting is pretty, it’s also a little random and inappropriate for the “Barbie Girl” theme. Without reading your description, I would never had made the connection to Barbie. Also, this picture has no label.

Sisaly: Priscilla Gilchrist
Headshot – No complaints here…. The photo is taken outside of CAS, it shows expression and emotion while also showing your models face. She looks nothing like a maxis sim either.
Pic 1: I immediately see the relation of “Highway to Hell” in your photo. Love the styling of the model; love the pose and the prop. However, the background is rather bland and I wish you could have pushed the photo a little further by making the setting a little more interesting.
Pic 2: I like this picture. It conveys the theme perfectly.

Kaylarox: Luana Arcadia
Headshot –I like her expression and it’s taken out of CAS, so that’s nice. She’s unique looking without being too perfect or “pretty pretty”. However I think she still looks a little too maxis like and I think you could have pushed it a little further when sculpting her.
Pic 1: I like this picture, and it fits the theme pretty well. However, it comes across as rather static and staged. It doesn’t look like she’s dancing, but rather like she’s posing like she’s dancing. The pose wouldn’t be bad if she wasn’t positions so perfectly. Everything is even and symmetrical and it looks less like she’s at a party and more like a set up. And a good photo never looks too staged. Also you did not put text.
Pic 2: I don’t like this picture, but rather love it. It’s simple but powerful and it has a cinematic feel to it. It also conveys the theme well. However, you did not include the required text.

Happymintchocolate: Ted Styles
Headshot – Headshot looks good. Taken out of CAS, and with a rather blank expression which is good. He’s a cute guy, not too exaggerated or maxis like.
Pic 1: I like this pic because it’s not an obvious interpretation or the theme, but it works well. The setting is so simple, but the view is beautiful, and the lighting is great. However, the model has his back to us. The extra is more visible than he is. It’s one thing to obscure part of a models face for dramatic effect, but another to turn him completely away from the camera. As a sim, his body means little to nothing because it’s the same every other sim can have with little effort. His face is his true value. The sculpt of his face is what would set him apart. This would never be in a models portfolio. This picture would have been perfect if you had just made his face visible. Also you did not label the picture.
Pic 2: I’m not sure how I feel about this picture. Again, you’re almost completely hiding your models face. This time it kind of works because it add dramatic effect. However the pose you chose for him seems a little awkward and so stiff it’s almost unrealistic. I know you didn’t make the pose, but you might be able to have found another better pose for this photo. I like the idea of the photo and how it fits with the theme, but I find your explanation that he’s upset that girls just want him for sex unrealistic on several counts (however that’s unimportant). Again, you did not label the picture.

I don't take requests. :-)

"You with this lovely baby blue/green huge eyes and this evil touch...couldn't be more adorable" - My Vera
Forum Resident
#158 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 8:41 AM Last edited by kaylarox : 22nd Jun 2011 at 12:21 PM.
Ummmm I am SURE it does not say TEXT HAS TO BE ON PICTURE but I am not sure.??

Also I agree with everything you say But the round isn't over and I was re-doing my 1st set >.<.

*cough-I must dance like a retard-cough* lol

Forum Resident
#159 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 9:29 AM
Aww man, Wicked poppies, when I saw you wrote your opinions on some of the contestants I hoped you'd include me so I can know what I'm doing wrong. But, this is my first contest and I feel like I should stick with my first instinct but they again, my first instinct will eliminate me in the first round... so I think I'll change it. Not the sim, just her photos. I don't know... I don't even like Beyonce. I just thought it'd go with her since she's lesbian.

@ChloroformDreams, your pictures are AMAZING!
Scholar
#160 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 9:55 AM
I totally agree with you Wicked Poppies...Redoing pic before round closes. BUT I don't want to pull out my big guns on the app round where no one is eliminated.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." ~Albert Einstein
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.~F.D.R.
Forum Resident
#161 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 10:07 AM
Ugh my sim actually looks the same, I was just seeing things lol

Lab Assistant
#162 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 10:10 AM
Ok so I'm changing my model completely just got a head shot up at the moment - the rest are coming

Check out my sims blog - Monkeys with Technology
My pixels@SU

Lab Assistant
#163 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 10:27 AM
@wicked poppy: I forgot to add the label! I'll edit it right away!

My girl was in MAKE ME A MODEL! contest by missroxor

check out my facebook rp account and my tumblr for pictures
Test Subject
#164 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 10:58 AM
@nhayes: Your new model is gorgeous *-* and I've been up way too long working on this >_< time for sleep at 6 AM

One bright day in the middle of the night...
An apple a day will keep anyone away, if thrown hard enough.
Lab Assistant
#165 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 11:27 AM
@ChloroformDreams: ur pics are amazing :o I'm losing confidence again

does this means that there will be elimination? :crying:

Lab Assistant
#166 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 11:42 AM
thanks Alissaya - not sure to go with one of the old ideas for my last pic or try something new

My pixels@SU

Lab Assistant
#167 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 2:00 PM
Thanks for all the complements guys! it's nice to be reassured since I was a little nervous about doing a contest again.

@Wicked_poppies: Although I wasn't one of the contestants that you've critiqued yet, I just wanted to tell you that I thought your criticisms were well said. It's hard to provide honest feedback about something that people have put a lot of themselves into, but I know for myself at least, I would rather have honest criticisms so that I can improve instead of empty kindness.

@ngluvjj: I can't speak to the eliminations, but you should really have more confidence! You're pictures are really good especially considering that this is your first contest! And I know someone else said it earlier, but even if you get eliminated from a contest at some point, it's still a wonderful experience. And it's the only way to gain experience and improve after all.
Lab Assistant
#168 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 2:47 PM
my internet connection is playing with my temper again

I'm online from my blackberry but I can't upload anypicture

Lab Assistant
#169 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 3:20 PM
Okay - if my entries count as full bodyshots I am done, can someone let me know if there isn't enough body (I mean the whole body is in shot just partially obscured by holes in ground and motorbikes )and I will redo it -thanks

My pixels@SU

The other one
Original Poster
#170 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 4:04 PM
Sorry for my short absence. We had to pop into the Boss’s BBQ last night just to show our faces and next thing I know 3 hours have passed and I’ve drank a bottle of wine to myself :/ …I need a minute to catch up so bear with me, lol.

nhayes1Wow, did you change everything? Nice job but must've taken ages! In my mind the definition of “full body shot” wasn’t so much that “we must see every inch of your sim from their head to their feetz” just that it should be a zoomed out shot showing a large proportion of your sim with some room for background stuff, unlike the headshots which in my mind should really just be above shoulders shot to show the head/face/hair clearly.
EDIT: Though I won't be judging this round I don't personally have an issue with how much of your sim can be seeen but the one with the motorbike might be a little controversial just because the sim is almost hiding behind the bike entirely :/

….I’m working my way through replying to everyone else but I need to get the little one down for a nap so I can get some peace to think. BRB.

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Instructor
#171 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 4:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kaylarox
Ummmm I am SURE it does not say TEXT HAS TO BE ON PICTURE but I am not sure.??

Well, you would be wrong..... lol

"5. All images should be labeled (even if it’s just written above the picture in your post) with the title of the assignment. Eg “Portfolio Head Shot”"

Anywho... I'm still tired so I'll have to wait to finish giving feedback... but please remember that I was trying to be honest, but in no way did I mean to hurt anyones feelings.... everyone did amazing just for entering because taking pics with sims 3 is difficult for me. I'll have some feedback for you other guys asap.....

"You with this lovely baby blue/green huge eyes and this evil touch...couldn't be more adorable" - My Vera
Instructor
#172 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 4:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nhayes17

EVE McCABE: 19 going on 35
passionate: independent: part fashionista: a contradiction: hopeless romantic: cynical: spontaneous: no good at writing in sentences: wild child:
part geek: stylish: guitar lover: tomboy: headstrong: don't label me: rebel: all of these: none of these: more than these

..ooh and funny, did I mention funny?

Song 1 - I Will Survive

"I may be dead but I can still live.. right?"

Song 2 - Rebel Yell

"Aren't Rebels too cool to yell?"

I realy like your new first pic, but I though your original pic for a mans world was great!!!! anywho.... and isnt the first round over now guys? Cause some of you say you still plan on changing things about your sims.....

Lab Assistant
#173 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 5:01 PM
what? It's over already?? :o should I post my old pic then?

The other one
Original Poster
#174 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 5:05 PM
NO!! STOP COMMENTING! Everyone stop freaking out! I'm just finishing up my mammoth reply to address all the recent questions and stuff. It's not over yet. I said this yesterday. The deadline for this round is at the top of this page on the thread title. You still have another day. Calm the eff down! (Am I the only one getting stressed? )

Wicked I think you have today in your head because I said that I was gonna send the judges your criteria for judging today which I haven't done yet.

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
#175 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 5:22 PM
Changing in progress

Page 7 of 23