Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 1:06 PM
Default "Hashed bone 0xblahblahblah not in skeleton"
So... what DO you do when you get this error? I've seen it mentioned in a couple of tutorials, but they just said "It's not usually a problem".

The first time this happened with a mesh it was one I was amending for my own use, but the hair I'm working on at the moment is one I'm planning to upload. I can't exactly upload something if there are bits of it missing.

Both the hairs were from the Sims 3 shop, by the way.
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 1:09 PM
Well.... it really usually isn't a problem. You just ignore it. As long as you can get the hair working in-game and you're not noticing any issues, don't worry about it.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 1:15 PM
Okey-dokey, I'll give it a go. It's just the hair I'm working on is the Beach Bunny, which has 23 mesh parts; I'm sort of scared of putting them all together and only then finding they don't work :/ Nothing ventured, nothing gained, however.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 6:59 PM
If you really want to 'fix' it, you have to have the skeleton file for that particular mesh in the same folder when you import it in Milkshape. The skeletons are .skcon files. In S3PE the Tag is BONE. The names are the clothing or hair name with 'shape-morph-skin' on the end. (Except for lod1 for some bizarre reason it has Shape1_morph_skin.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 1:57 PM
I extracted the skcon from the LOD0 (using Postal) and put it in the same folder, but it didn't do anything :/ There's no shape-morph-skin in the name, though; should things even have a name in S3PE or Postal? All I see is long strings of numbers.
Sockpuppet
#6 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 2:58 PM
Its the string that contains the instance number.
If you view the mesh comments in Milkshape the last TGI reference is the skeleton.
If the importer finds a skcon with that group/instance number it will load the skeleton wich belongs to the GEOM.

If it works the importer will no longer give you the message ''default skeleton used''
However, it still can give you the message of missing bonehashes (joints)

Wes didn't include all in his importer so will not always recognize them.

If you want things perfect and want your bonehash back you can fix your GEOM with the simGeom editor.

I haven't seen your file and not sure if you actual need that bonehash.
Bonehashes are use for all kind of things, some are linked to a specific shader used while others are related to the Adult to Teen/Elder conversion.

Some files are used for both adult and teen but need a bonehash in order for the teen to work
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#7 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 3:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cheryl Mason
I extracted the skcon from the LOD0 (using Postal) and put it in the same folder, but it didn't do anything :/ There's no shape-morph-skin in the name, though; should things even have a name in S3PE or Postal? All I see is long strings of numbers.

In s3pe, turn on the name and tag display by checking Display: [] Names [] Tags in the bottom section.

In Postal, pull down the Workspace menu and check "Show Nmap Names".

However, the hair skeletons don't seem to follow the same naming convention so it's hard to find them.

In s3pe, you can highlight the geom and look in the detail window on the right for the SkinControllerIndex number, then look in the TGIBlockList for that index number, which will give you the TGI of the skeleton. (It's always the last TGI listed.) You can then search for the skeleton file in the package and export it.

In Postal it's easier; you can highlight a geom and look in the Body Part Geometry tab - the last listing under References should be the skeleton. Double-click that skeleton reference (the blue line in the pic below) and you'll get a window with a hex display of the skeleton file. Then you can click Export and save it, replacing the .unk extension with .skcon.

Postal is still the handiest tool for some purposes.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 4:00 PM
If you view the mesh comments in Milkshape the last TGI reference is the skeleton.

*Tries it* Whoa, you're right! Thanks, Bloom, am making a note of that. I'm still getting the missing hash warning, though. The hair is this one; d'you think it's worth trying to fix the GEOM or shall I just assume it'll work anyway?
Sockpuppet
#9 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 7:23 PM
is the same hair/mesh enabled for teen?

I haven''t done much hairs so i wouldn't know.

Twice i ran into bonehashes you definatly need to get things working.
The Store's hulaskirt and the female eye mesh located in the face lods

The hula skirt is somehow linked to a shader wich enabled the use of alpha edits through the textures.
You need to have that bonehash and the skeleton that comes with it to have it working.

The eye bonehash is this one lol:
Really strange that one eye is still on adult height

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 7:51 PM
EEEAAUUUUGHH!!!!!!! DDD: Well, thank you for warning me about that; I might have had a heart attack if I'd run into it at random!

The hair is enabled for Teen; I'm going to convert it for child and possibly AM. I think I'll just get going and finish it and see what happens... while keeping, erm, an eye out for any problems that arise.