Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 5:51 PM
Default Need some suggestions on "How to"
I've got a couple of swimsuits I've made, and I'd like to make some tan lines to match them. Just to see what they'd look like I put them directly on a dark skin and was very happy with the results (getting them to match up exactly didn't happen -- this was only for a test). Making an entire skin for a single tan line seems really excessive though. Ideally, I'd like to be able to adjust how light the lines are in CAS, but have NO FREAKIN IDEA of where to start something like this, or if it's even possible. I'm open to any suggestions, but please bear in mind I'm gonna need directions to the tutorial that shows me how to do it. I looked through the tutorial list before crawling to the gurus for help. I didn't see anything that I thought I could use, but I don't really know what I'm looking for either.
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 5:59 PM
How about doing them as tattoos? Then the colour and opacity can be adjusted, and they'd stay on even when showering and so forth.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Mother Function
retired moderator
#3 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 6:41 PM
You could try tattoos, using the new tattoo system, but getting the placement right would be a pain. I suggest cloning EA gloves or socks and changing the base texture. You can use a swimsuit texture as a guide.

There's are several tutorials on the site that explain base texturing and how to adjust the opacity of the textures as well.

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 6:43 PM Last edited by sciguy77 : 22nd Jun 2011 at 6:55 PM.
That sounds like what I want -- but I can't seem to locate the correct tutorial. Everything that mentions "tattoo" in the tutorial list talks about making Ambitions type tattoos. If I do that I won't have any control over the placement. What keywords should I be using to locate the tutorial that'll show me how to do this?
Edit -- I was typing this at the same time Dal was posting the previous reply. Back to the tut list with a new batch of search keywords! Thanks.
2nd edit -- I found the tut that'll do exactly what I want, or at least it seems like it after a brief read-thru. Oddly enough, it's yours Dal. It even sounds like I did a lot of the grunt-work already when I did the overlay on a complete skin to see how the tans would look. These suits will put Babewatch to SHAME by the way lol.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 10:03 PM
Looking forward to trying this out. Oddly enough, I was just thinking about how to do this the last time I was mouse-wheeling through the skintones. I'm not big on tattoos, so I'd never have thought of that, but sure sounds like the best way to do the job. Will you be uploading here, or at sexysims2?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 5:51 PM
Once I get everything done I'll upload here. I have 3 suits ready, but want to wait and post the tan lines at the same time. Getting the skin tones to come out right is proving to be a pretty big challenge.