Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 1:25 PM
Default Creating slider for scalp?
I tried to Create the slider for scalp the morph works with CmarNYC morphmaker but when I try to use this in game nothing happens when I slide the slider

so we can't create slider for scalp or or if can, how to do that
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 1:51 PM
What exactly did you do, step by step? Which bone(s) did you alter and how - scale, position etc?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#3 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 3:03 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 30th Jun 2011 at 6:31 PM.
It sounds like you're doing a mesh morph - if so, the scalp meshes (afScalp_lod0, etc.) are in a format that doesn't include vertex IDs. I just went through this with someone morphing the eyeballs, so here's what you have to do:

In Milkshape, import the base scalp mesh and all the morphs.
Go to the Groups tab, highlight the base mesh, open the comments. Change 'FVFItems' to 7.
In the Vertex menu, use Wes Howe's 'Sims 3 VertexID AutoNum' tool to number the vertices. You need an unused range of numbers - start with 3500 and you should be fairly safe. You could also go really high and start with 60000 or 70000.
Export the base and all the morphs.
Repeat for lod1 / as many lods as you want to morph. You can continue the vertex ID numbers or start with the same number again.
Make your slider again.
Include the base mesh in your slider package as a default replacement.

Hope that works for you!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 12:37 PM
and how to make default replacement as package?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#5 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 12:50 PM
Just put your replacement base mesh in your slider package (or a separate package) with the same TGI (Type, Group, and Instance ID numbers) as the game mesh. If you export the game mesh from FullBuild0 with s2pe or Postal, it'll give it a name with those three numbers built in. Do your changes without changing the numbers part of the filename (you can add to or change the name on the end), then use S3PE to import the file to a package and it'll automatically read the ID numbers.

Example:

Export the scalp mesh as: S3_015a1849_00fb2018_000000001fa2f615_afScalp_lod0.simgeom
Modify and save as: S3_015a1849_00fb2018_000000001fa2f615_afScalp_lod0_format7.simgeom
Then import using s3pe. Don't worry about the Name, it's optional and doesn't matter in the game.