Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#126 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 10:03 PM
I have the exact same file set-up as Aethis.

Quote:
Known RESOURCE.CFG locations:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\..
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\..
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Win32\..
+1 manually added:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\..

I'm clueless about computer stuff and I hadn't read this far into the forum yet to notice Delphy's warning, so I went ahead and deleted what I thought were pointless extras. Naturally, it killed my game. Woopsie!

Have re-DLed, and now I'm back with the same files and no clue what to do from here. Any suggestions?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#127 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 10:25 PM
Guess the popular 'you didn't do it right then' comment I've been reading isn't terribly accurate.

I've got mods and the nip only version working OK. move that out and put the fullbarbie in and viola! no workie.

This is using 32 bit vista.
Lab Assistant
#128 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 11:50 PM
I just want to give a HUGE credit/kudos to Delphy & HP for putting up with our asses. Your definitely MOD-GODs in my book.

With that being said, HP, the skin textures kick ass on so many levels. I'm loving the nips & male chest hair.

Delphy: I wanted to check back in & let you know that it is working now. At lot of times simmers grip about what doesn't work and fail to compliment and thank when things do.

Can't really say what did it. But after listening to you about deleting that extra resource file, I targeted these three trouble shooting areas and it worked.

1) I placed the files in my package again without compressing them (for now), b/c the recompressorizer is still in beta. *Now recently Updated*

2) I exchanged the 'fullbarbie' files with the 'hair only' ones, thinking that maybe the barbie ones mean 'without' nips.

3) I did a deep refresh after deleting that extra resource file as well.

All hail to the King & Queen
Any many thank yous

♥♥♥ajÖya™
.:Simblr:.
I come from a Kingdom far, far, away...
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#129 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 12:06 AM
digitalsamurai: Did you see the note on the actual skintone thread about the game caching skintones?

Anyway, for those clueless among you, try the TS3 Install Helper Monkey, available at http://www.modthesims.info/d/344611

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#130 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 1:22 AM Last edited by Aethis : 8th Jun 2009 at 1:59 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
If you remove any of the ones in Game\Bin or GameData you will basically break your game as these are whats used to load the *other* package files.

Out of curiosity, what happens if you install to, say, C:\Games\The Sims 3?

I'll get back to you on that, though I feel it won't change anything. Will tell the outcome in a bit.

UPDATE:
Well, that accomplished nothing, but something interesting did happen. When I went and re-installed it back to default pathways after, the content worked.
Test Subject
#131 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 3:49 AM
I have a noob question. I downloaded my game to C:\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3. Will i still be able to download the cc since it isn't in program files? And how the heck do i make a resource.cfg? (told you it was a noob question.)
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#132 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 4:08 AM
senb23, I suggest you use the Helper Monkey tool.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
#133 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 8:42 AM
senb23 go here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=344611

I like work, it fascinates me.
I could sit & watch it all day!

Simmodders UK
Test Subject
#134 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 5:05 PM
I found that the windows xp sp3 was causing several issues on my system and after removing it all the mods worked.
apparently the game was having troubles because of the sp. just not sure what could have caused it.
Test Subject
#135 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 10:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
digitalsamurai: Did you see the note on the actual skintone thread about the game caching skintones?

Anyway, for those clueless among you, try the TS3 Install Helper Monkey, available at http://www.modthesims.info/d/344611

Yes, used the tool, deleted all the cache files, still only works with the nip files.

Should I not assume that if the nointro works OK, that the skins should also, if placed in the same directory? (trying one at a time)

I guess a better question is: What could I have wrong that mods work but HPs skins do not?
Test Subject
#136 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 11:48 PM
thanks Delphy and Red dragons. I saw that download, but wasn't sure it would work. It did! Thanks for the creation Delphy!!!
Test Subject
#137 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 11:57 PM
Quote:
For existing sims: Unlike TS2, default skins will not automatically update on existing sims! To force the game to reload, try deleting your cache files. Look in My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\ and delete the file called simCompositorCache.package. This should reload your skintones.

Actually after doing a few hours of testing, its the "C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\WorldCaches" folder that needs to be deleted in order to reset the existing sims that are already a part of a home.

Deleting the simCompositorCache.package seems to delete the jobs for the employed sims which was not so good in my case cause the family I was playing had 3 adult sims that were all level 10 jobs employed
Test Subject
#138 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 12:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by barry123
Actually after doing a few hours of testing, its the "C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\WorldCaches" folder that needs to be deleted in order to reset the existing sims that are already a part of a home.

Deleting the simCompositorCache.package seems to delete the jobs for the employed sims which was not so good in my case cause the family I was playing had 3 adult sims that were all level 10 jobs employed

I don't have a folder named C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\WorldCaches (with my username...)

I searched my desktop for it too, no luck. wouldn't the nip skin have the same cache issues as the fullbarbie skin? the nip works fine...
Test Subject
#139 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 7:55 AM
I'm very confused by this.
So there's a resource.cfg that i'm not supposed to replace, right?

and there's a resource.cfg i have to put.

But the one i'm not supposed to replace is in the bin folder?

and the one i'm supposed to put is in the main Sims 3 folder?
Scholar
#140 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 9:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by digitalsamurai
I don't have a folder named C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\WorldCaches (with my username...)

I searched my desktop for it too, no luck. wouldn't the nip skin have the same cache issues as the fullbarbie skin? the nip works fine...

Me neither in My documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3. (on XP) . Maybee it's created if you have played both the Sunset Valley AND Riverview. Only thing that has to do with Worlds me think.
Test Subject
#141 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 12:41 AM
Once I download the .cfg file I repalce the .cfg file in the sims 3 or do i add the text version of the .cfg file?
Test Subject
#142 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 12:59 AM
i do not have this folderC:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 i installed thie gane on an external i only get the file folder in my docs. is this why i cann ot get this to work
Test Subject
#143 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 1:20 PM
Actually after doing a few hours of testing, its the "C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\WorldCaches" folder that needs to be deleted in order to reset the existing sims that are already a part of a home. [...]

Thanks, thanks and thanks!
Now this mod finally worked for my old Sims!
Test Subject
#144 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 3:21 AM
Default uhhh.... this isn't good...
So.... I listened to the one guy a few pages back that said to delete a bunch of folders and files in your "My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3" folder and now riverview is missing.... a lot of important buildings... Like town hall...

Is there any way of getting these buildings back? My family just had their first kid (which took a LOT of coaxing [damn commitment issues trait]) and I really don't want to lose them.
Test Subject
#145 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 3:28 AM
never mind... found out that riverview was not installed correctly, I deleted its .world file and reinstalled it and now everything is great
Test Subject
#146 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 4:09 AM

Another Kudos. This does appear to be the primary fix. Thanks for the warning about the simcompositorCache.package.
Test Subject
#147 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 4:29 AM
Default Finally

This worked for me. Vista 32 bit. Nothing else seemed to work, but this did. Thank you barry123!
Scholar
#148 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 8:05 AM Last edited by ToRnado : 12th Jun 2009 at 9:11 AM.
the default nudes aren't working for me i have afbody-light-v1-fullybarbie_HystericalParoxysm and dark installed mods are working cos other mods i have work. i created a new sim and it's still sexless. tried clearing cache didn't help either.
Test Subject
#149 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 5:28 PM
I am slightly confused here, whenever I go to download this file, I always get this damned message:
"No cookies found!

No valid MTS login could be found. Please note that you must be logged into MTS to use this server.

Reasons for this not working are:

* If you are logged in, then make sure you aren't using any kind of cookie blocker, like Norton Internet Security.
* Try allowing "modthesims.info" in your security software for cookies.
* MAKE SURE you have ticked the "Remember Me" option when logging in. If you do not, then you will not be able to download."

I don't have the cookie blocked.. MTS is this site yes? If so, I am logged in. It is also set to "remember me"
Test Subject
#150 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 7:01 PM
oh so I can make a subfolder in the Mods/Package folder huh? so if I make a folder called skintone will it work in the Mods/Package folder? I just wanted to know that's all.
Locked thread | Locked by: HystericalParoxysm Reason: Ancient thread, from the dawn of time.
Page 6 of 11