Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Summer Movie Night - posted on 13th Jun 2018 at 10:07 PM
Replies: 271 (Who?), Viewed: 13331 times. | You are currently not a member of this group. Would you like to join it now?
Page 11 of 11
Top Secret Researcher
#251 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 4:59 AM
SimmyRN- if you want to use 16 Meow lane for the apartment building instead of 201 Brown Collar (I think you are using Purr rd for the sanctuary- or did I reverse them?), I think that makes sense. Then you can leave the Brown Collar lane empty. It would be nice to have a large lot left as a festival lot, or shopping center, for our EP additional lots project.

I forgot to upload Bark Park, though Norn did play test it for me, so you can see a preview of it on her map. I made some corrections to it, and I will package it the next time I fire up my game.

How did I miss that Norn's house, near Brother and Sister townhouses, is named Distant Relative?

Need help building? Mentoring for Builders: Click Here

Looking for an amazing new Sci-Fi world? Visit SATURENORN
Scholar
#252 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 1:23 AM
What a good idea, attuned! The Brown Collar lot would make a great Festival lot (or large park for those who don't have Seasons). I think Meow Lane would work nicely for the apartments and Purr for the sanctuary. Just need to get cracking!
Top Secret Researcher
#253 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 4:22 AM
I looked at the Petlandia Village map, and noticed that the picket fence behind the groomers on my lot- Petlandoo, is so very white that it sticks out instead of blends in. So I changed out the fence. You can find the new Petlandoo version for Petlandia Village below. SimmyRN, if you can swap them out, I would appreciate it. Also, finally, Bark Park.
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: rar Petlandoo.rar (1.07 MB, 2 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar Bark Park.rar (1.11 MB, 2 downloads) - View custom content

Inventor
#254 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 9:46 PM
While testing a bit more I found that not only did Crowkeeper's Tiny Cottage suffer from the Fog Emitter turns into EP2 Fog issue, but also my Distant Relative and the Town Hall lot (see attached screenshot). Also the sim-made paintings I decorated the Distant Relative with didn't survive CAW export. So I fixed the Crowkeeper's Tiny Cottage and the Distant Relative and also added the Beech Cottage for 2 Meow Lane to the attached archive.
Screenshots
File Type: zip lotsPetTown.zip (9.07 MB, 1 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Tiny Cottage, Distant Relative, Beech Cottage
Top Secret Researcher
#255 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 10:25 PM
Norn I keep forgetting to mention this to you. A while ago Volvenom and I were experimenting with getting chimneys to smoke after you move them, (Apparently TS3 builders love to do that.) When you take the chimney stack apart, the cap can be place anywhere, and it will still issue smoke when there is a fire in the fireplace, regardless of where on the lot you have placed it. We were still testing this, and it has been a while, but I think it works.

Orose is building the community garden at 1 Claws ave, if that can be added to the chart on page 1. I think that will complete the claimed lots, except for 2 tiny lots and the large lot above the cats collar, all of which we are leaving empty.

SimmyRN if you can let us know which lots need names or descriptions, and what pictures you need for the upload, we can begin working on those items. I think we are in the homestretch. Thanks everyone!!!

Field Researcher
#256 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 5:28 AM
Hey there, here's what I have for the community garden lot so far along with a copy of it and some screenshots. It's kind of loosely based on a zen garden because I needed a bit of zen in my life after the last few weeks. Let me know if it needs any other tweaks- the money tree, death flower, and omni plants have all been removed already, and all the plants that are BGC + Pets should be there and have been upgraded to perfect.

My gran got out of the hospital today so I've been getting stuff ready for her to come home the last few days or I'd have posted this sooner.

Pics: https://imgur.com/a/Lah0r7A
File Type: zip zengarden.zip (1.17 MB, 3 downloads) - View custom content

+ HIATUS PART TWO - 6/14/18: gran is home but my laptop hard drive is fried so I won't be able to play l until it's fixed D: +
+ HIATUS - my gran had a stroke, I may not be around much +
Raggs Family Legacy (Rags to Riches Challenge) | tumblr | stuff site
Scholar
#257 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 9:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attuned
Norn I keep forgetting to mention this to you. A while ago Volvenom and I were experimenting with getting chimneys to smoke after you move them, (Apparently TS3 builders love to do that.) When you take the chimney stack apart, the cap can be place anywhere, and it will still issue smoke when there is a fire in the fireplace, regardless of where on the lot you have placed it. We were still testing this, and it has been a while, but I think it works.

I do that all the time with chimneys as tend to build my own rather than use the EA ones. When the top piece is placed back the snap objects cheat is usually needed to center it and not have part show through the wall.
Scholar
#258 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 12:42 AM Last edited by SimmyRN : 15th Jun 2018 at 1:19 AM.
Supposedly these are videos of the Pets specific fog emitter codes. Perhaps we could replace the codes with some of these. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBp...eature=youtu.be and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKE...eature=youtu.be. Although, base game codes should also work. I cannot find a list of just base game codes. Does anyone have one? I have an all inclusive list of codes from which I can extract only the EP5 (Pets) codes. They should definitely work. Does anyone need me to post them here? (The list is pretty long.) I'm sure you know that you have to save the game and then play the save to be sure that the codes work correctly.

EDIT: Well, I reviewed the videos and didn't see a lot of EP5 codes that would be all that helpful to us, probably. See what you think...
Field Researcher
#259 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 6:50 AM
This might be helpful list of fog emitter codes at MATY. They reference the emitter from Ambitions but it's possible some of the codes would work, especially since some of them are listed by EP in the file.

edit: maybe not, I don't see anything listed as EP5

+ HIATUS PART TWO - 6/14/18: gran is home but my laptop hard drive is fried so I won't be able to play l until it's fixed D: +
Inventor
#260 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 5:57 PM
Thank you attuned, in theory I even know that but it somehow gets lost between my two braincells.

Orose, that little zen garden is gorgeous, and perfectly built for that location! My sim already enjoyed a wonderful sunset.

Concerning the codes: I frankly doubt that there are many useful codes and I would not have any idea how to find out - except by trial and error. Is there anything in Appaloosa plains that sticks out? Or in sunset valley? The flocks of birds and goose are probably available, the hot air balloon etc. All pigeons are Late night.
Scholar
#261 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 9:13 PM
I used the geese and flocks of birds as effects on the map. They definitely work. My thought would be just to remove the fog emitters from the town hall lot. I can do that. Do I understand that you've resolved the chimney smoke problem? I started the sanctuary last night. Will hopefully finish it and start the apartment complex today.

As far as lots, we have to feature at least 5 community lots and 5 residential lots. I want to recognize our wonderful contributors.

My thought would be to have Crowkeeper & orose, daisylee, Johnny_Bravo & tunafishfish, Johnny_Bravo & aisquared, and Norn pick one of their Residential uploads.

For community lots, I was thinking of Pepie Park, Crowkeeper's choice, attuned's choice, the library, Norn's choice, and the town hall lot. What do you all think?

I would then ask that the contributor - or if someone else wants to - prepare the screenshots and a post here in this thread which can later be "cleaned up" and used for the upload. Or, I should be able to copy/paste manually for the upload. I need to clean the global layer and then I will post the most recent version of the map here in the thread. Please use this map for screenshots of the lots. That way, we'll be taking pictures of the final versions of the lots with any edits that have made after placing them on the map. Plus, the backgrounds will be consistent.

I'm happy to tackle the overview and lot list, etc. If people have general pictures of the neighborhood they've taken while testing that they would like to share, that would be super!

This is the format that I usually use for individual lots in the comments section. If anyone has any thoughts/suggestions, please post them.

Community Lot # 1 or Residential Lot # 1, # 2, etc.
Lot Name & Type of Lot
Lot Size
Lot Price Unfurnished
Lot Price Furnished
Additional description.
Screenshots: street view, left side, back, right side, overhead of each level starting with ground level and finishing with roof, extra "color" shots / action shots, room close ups, etc.
Inventor
#262 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 9:49 PM
SimmyRN, the fixed versions are in the attached archive in post #254. I changed the code for the chimneys, they should work now.
Field Researcher
#263 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 3:16 AM
Thanks Norn, I had a lot of fun building it

SimmyRN, I'm good with whichever lot Crowkeeper would like to feature, I was blown away by the level of building skill on both those houses, I learned a lot about it just from looking at them and I love both lots.

Top Secret Researcher
#264 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 3:23 AM Last edited by attuned : 16th Jun 2018 at 3:33 AM.
The list looks good to me. Should we include one of your residential lots, SimmyRN?

@Johnny_Bravo in post #226, Norn highlighted some fixes needed for your lot. Would you be able to do them, and then upload the fixed lot?
Do you like the name Teal Acorn or Square Hamster for the lot? Should we keep working on a lot name?
Also, we need pictures of two of your lots: either Tiny Californian or Tiny Craftsman, and the above cottage. SimmyRN will upload a new version of the map that can be used to take the pictures.
You can do it or you can ask for help from tunafishfish and aiquared. Thanks!

Top Secret Researcher
#265 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 3:30 AM
@BlackjackGabbiani We want to showcase your Pepie park, in the upload of Petlandia Village. After SimmyRN uploads the latest map, we need 3-5 pictures of the park, taken in the world. If you would like to take the pictures, the best way is to take them in LIVE mode. Take them as close as possible, from a sims eye view. We also need an overhead picture of the entire lot. Please let us know if you need help or are unable to take the pictures. Thank you!

Alchemist
#266 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 9:17 PM
@attuned I won't be able to fix the lots because I only have the shells. I'd need to download and install the finished versions first, so I'd rather let anyone who has the homes (Or world with homes) fix them. Same for the pictures. @tunafishfish @aisquared maybe one of you two is willing and able to?

As for the name, I personally love both, but I think 'Square Hamster' is fitting the animal theme properly

Up, M'Lady, pack your things // This place is not your home
#267 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 3:39 AM Last edited by attuned : 18th Jun 2018 at 3:55 AM.
@BlackjackGabbiani I received your @ mention, but you didn't post here? hmmm, confusing... Anyway, I would say sims on the lot are good, but probably no more than 2 pictures with sims. Then 1 overhead of the entire lot, a few without sims, for a total of ~5 pictures. If you look at post #261 above from SimmyRN, it gives more info. SimmyRN is going to upload a new version of the world soon. Please install and use that world to take the pictures. Thank you.

Johnny Bravo- tunafishfish hasn't been on MTS for a month. Also, your pictures are amazing. And that is all I'm going to say...

Top Secret Researcher
#268 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 3:52 AM
Fog emitter codes for EP5 Pets

Alchemist
#269 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 5:00 PM
@attuned
Oh. If No one answers I'll have to do it myself I guess. A lesser fun part of the project which has to be done haha. What exactly do you mean with my pictures are amazing? Are the ones I take fine to use?

#270 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 1:05 AM
Hey Johnny
No, you don't have to do it yourself, you really don't. One of us will take it on if you don't want to. I am just not sure your decorating partners are around to help.

I believe that the fixes have been made to the Square Hamster. I will check it myself.

Also, you know I love your pictures. You have a great eye for building, and then setting the stage with a lovely picture that is well composed, and conveys just the right mood. Amazing! So yes, the ones you take are lovely and perfect for our purposes. We are in a holding pattern until the final version of the world is ready, so you can think about what you want to do. Either way, thank you for the contribution of three very fine lots!

Alchemist
#271 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 10:49 PM
Okay then, thanks attuned
Then I have to come back around again and download the world so I can work on the lots.

#272 Old Yesterday at 1:23 PM
As the town hall lot is also by me, what about to have one lot of your choice of a community lot (and by that I mean one of your lots) instead? Same for residental, maybe only one by Johnny Bravo & Co and instead one by you?

Page 11 of 11