Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"Trompe-l'oeil" Painting-TV *UPD 06oct2008*

by Numenor Posted 5th Oct 2008 at 10:43 PM - Updated 21st Oct 2008 at 12:17 AM by Numenor

85 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 80 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 3 of 4
Field Researcher
#51 Old 9th Oct 2008 at 12:00 AM
This is absolutely perfect in every way! Just what my sims needed to match their classic decor. Thank you very much!
Instructor
#52 Old 12th Oct 2008 at 5:13 AM
When I see your name on the board I simply know that all of the community is in for an amazing treat. Your wonderful talented creations have become the diamonds within my game. I humbly thank you for such wonderful contributions.
Forum Resident
#53 Old 30th Oct 2008 at 11:22 PM
cool! I like it a lot! perfect for ancient/classic houses
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 11th Nov 2008 at 9:05 PM
Thanks! I love it even more since you used Star Dancer as the "off" image. Perfect for some of my Victorian households.

Musiquefille's Modest Mods - well, lots really.
Theorist
#55 Old 15th Nov 2008 at 6:03 PM
Hi Numenor!

I am delighted to see a more flexible version of the wall painting television is now available to everyone. Elaine's Enchanted Picture implemented a primitive and non-recolourable version of this idea, and although I developed a fully recolourable version with several other advanced features at that point I discovered my destiny in StephSim, my glorious Love, my perfect completion.

I have always felt a little guilty - but not too much - that I left this and several other projects unfinished, not returning to the community a small fraction of the joy and grace that I found exactly because I became a creator for MTS2, leading me to unintentionally meet the woman whom I was born to love. Thus your "Trompe-l'oeil" has in a sense given back to the community something I was no longer able to give, thus blessing both me and the union with my perfect other. Thank you!

David
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#56 Old 15th Nov 2008 at 6:44 PM
You sound really ecstatic I'm happy for you two! And thanks for the link to Eleine's Enchanted Picture, I didn't know about it and it's a pleasure to discover that someone used the "invisible screen" tecnique. Luckily, as I've explained somewhere (probably this thread ), I thought to this solution too late, otherwise I would have used it too: someone could have suspected that I had cloned your painting!

I perfectly understand how you feel thinking about the unfinished projects; I have many in my working folders, and even this one stayed dormant for a very long time, before I finally decided to publish it. One of these days I'll do a serious clean up in my archives :D

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#57 Old 16th Nov 2008 at 7:51 PM
Well, think of that. I never even imagined something like this.

It'd be perfect for discreet Sims that don't want random TV's in odd places.

-thumbs up!-

Compulsive Downloader and PROUD OF IT.
My Sims 3 game has a built in timer! It never fails to crash after an hour of playing. D;
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 19th Nov 2008 at 5:50 PM
This is so cool! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 22nd Nov 2008 at 8:06 PM
Amazing!!

"Life is a tightrope walker who eventually has to fall.
Life is a racer rife with anger and time is a wall."

-Martin Clement, in "The Swirls of Time"
Tentacle Of Righteousness
#60 Old 23rd Nov 2008 at 1:53 AM
This needs to be "Featured". Really, the way this was made is sheer genius.

Alt 255
The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned
to a dead channel.
Test Subject
#61 Old 28th Nov 2008 at 4:15 AM
Numenor:
Thank You for the Painting-TV. It is a much better choice for luxurious homes and compliments the decor.
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 13th Dec 2008 at 7:27 PM
Dude, this is way cool, Bond-style hidden screen. An exceptional choice for movie and story makers. Waaay cool!

Sold my Soul for Rock 'n' Roll
Test Subject
#63 Old 6th Jan 2009 at 2:26 AM
Amazing ! Thank you.

Just visit my deviant !
Mad Poster
#64 Old 11th Jan 2009 at 8:39 AM
This is undoubtedly one of the best items ever for the Sims 2.
Test Subject
#65 Old 13th Jan 2009 at 8:34 PM
I'm going to use this in 90% of my houses. I just LOVE this. Thanks again Numenor for another wonderful item.
Test Subject
#66 Old 16th Jan 2009 at 7:06 AM
Always thank you for wonderful mode.
Because the television of the present age style is not suited very much even if the house
of the wind has been done in remake in old times, it has embarrassed it.
Test Subject
#67 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 1:09 PM
wow looks like the painting in Harry porter. lol
Forum Resident
#68 Old 26th Feb 2009 at 3:49 AM
WOW! Thank you so much Numenor, this object is just so marvellous. You never cease to amaze me with your truly wonderful objects. You are so talented & creative, I'll never be able to thank you enough for sharing them with everyone.
God Bless you Numenor.
Sylvon
Field Researcher
#69 Old 12th Apr 2009 at 3:33 PM
Thanks, Numenor! Just what my historical sims have begged for!
Zombie Socks
#70 Old 20th Apr 2009 at 2:26 AM Last edited by whitewaterwood : 3rd May 2009 at 6:39 PM.
Oh this is so wonderful!

But one problem I ran into when using this on a lot I'm building with BGS, is that, like a regular TV, it gives off a blue light (a bit like a lamp might). When I first add it, it doesn't. But when I load the lot again, the blue light appears. And somehow blue lighting in my baroque library looks a little, well... odd.

Any chance of this being fixed or is it connected to the TV animations?

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Top Secret Researcher
#71 Old 29th Apr 2009 at 6:29 AM
What a nice idea! Totally love the city painting version *grabs*

Small question regarding Apartment Life: Does the TV makes noise waves (that'll disturb the neighbour through the wall) or do i have to update it like all the other custom TVs i have?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#72 Old 30th Apr 2009 at 10:19 PM
whitewaterwood - That light is the one produced by the TV when it's on. In your case, it appears only because the lot is under construction, and no sim lives in it: it will automatically turn off properly as soon as a sim will put his foot into the lot

MiniMimi - Though the TV is base-game compatible, it contains the routines from Apartment Life (that are automtically activated if AL is detected). Therefore, this TV should be as "noisy" as any other Maxis TV.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Top Secret Researcher
#73 Old 1st May 2009 at 4:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
MiniMimi - Though the TV is base-game compatible, it contains the routines from Apartment Life (that are automtically activated if AL is detected). Therefore, this TV should be as "noisy" as any other Maxis TV.

Aaah Yes! One less to update!
Thank you for this useful & so beautiful TV, My sims deco is gonna be absolutely fab!
Zombie Socks
#74 Old 3rd May 2009 at 6:38 PM
Thank goodness! Thank you for your help! Lovely upload!

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 15th May 2009 at 11:36 AM
Thank u so much!! Its briliant!
Page 3 of 4