Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Dec 2005 at 12:27 AM
Default MTS2 Introduces Q-Xpress!

Fed up of WinRar?
Tired of WinZip?
Can't get your downloads into the game?
Llamas not drinking properly?

We have the solution to your problems!

Hi, I'm Delphy. Some of you may remember from such threads as the MTS2 Calendar (Wasn't Miss January hot?) and the Multi-Sims2Pack Installer. Today, I'm here to talk to you about Q-Xpress.

Mad Scientist Productions in conjunction with Ambience Design welcomes you to the ModTheSims2.Com Q-Xpress Installer!

What does this do?

Essentially it does 2 things:
- Automatically downloads and installs content from MTS2
- Installs content locally that you save from other sites

How does it work?

By downloading and installing a program that runs on your machine (Windows only at the moment, sorry folks!), you too can enjoy the benefits of custom content being installed directly into your game, be amazed at rars getting unzipped and zips being unrared!

How do I download content?

Next to each download link will be an additional one - Q-Xpress Install. Simply click on this and the Q-Xpress installer will launch automatically and queue up your files. You can queue as many as you want.

When you have filled your basket, simply click on the Install button and watch the files being download and installed automatically.

I clicked on the link but nothing happened or I got an error!

You need to install the program first!

Why wont my llamas drink?

I'd suggest they are too cold. Try a warm wooly blanket or a heater, and remember - it's always safe to hug a llama!

More Information

More information can be found on the Official Q-Xpress page http://q-xpress.modthesims2.com/ along with the download link.

The official Support forum is http://www.modthesims2.com/forumdisplay.php?f=442

Thanks and Credits

Thanks to:
- IndigoAK for the UI design and ideas
- tkdjunkie, DameSporkalot and Cheng101 for beta testing and ironing out the bugs
- CynicalChick and daysies for helping with lot installs
- Nullsoft, for NSIS
- vBAccelerator, for great VB6

Finally, have a happy christmas!

Regards,
Delphy

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 25th Dec 2005 at 12:30 AM
This sounds absolutely brilliant. Thank you so much to everyone who helped with it!
Ice Princess
#3 Old 25th Dec 2005 at 12:31 AM
This should solve many problems for new users. Wonderful job!

Home of the Sims 2 InSIMenator.net

Stroke my Llama
Instructor
#4 Old 25th Dec 2005 at 12:49 AM Last edited by anonymous : 25th Dec 2005 at 1:17 AM.
wow...what a wonderful gift for everyone. This will help newbies out alot...and will be a timesaver for the compulsive downloaders. Good job Delphy

Edit: just tested it out...it's very helpful and works great.

WickedNoukFamily -- free sims2 sites with hundreds of creations for you to fill your downloads folder with! Some sites offer sims3 content too! :D

Pay Stuff for Free -- Visit Me at My Website: Wicked Sims (sims2 & sims3)
Field Researcher
#5 Old 25th Dec 2005 at 1:19 AM
you guys are truly amazing!!
I know we all get sick and sometimes rude to newbies asking for zip format, this will eliminate all that. great product and great PR!
WTG
Test Subject
#6 Old 25th Dec 2005 at 1:43 AM
Wow, what will you guys think of next!!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Dec 2005 at 2:00 AM
Why, http://www.modyourllama.com of course.

Forum Resident
#8 Old 25th Dec 2005 at 2:02 AM
Brilliant, Delphy, simply brilliant. Keep up the good work! :sniper: :wow: :gidea:
Super Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#9 Old 25th Dec 2005 at 2:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Why, http://www.modyourllama.com of course.

with a little logo something like this?

Serisouly great addition Delphy
So the first person whines about a rar file? can we "mod" them... heh

Happy Holidays everyone!!!!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th Dec 2005 at 2:13 AM
omg I am so registering that domain now Lyric!

#11 Old 25th Dec 2005 at 2:56 AM
I downloaded this as soon as I saw it.
Clicking the new "Q-Xpress" link really speeds up downloading (which helps because its an addiction of mine, haha).
But right now, I'm trying to install it all, and when i clicked 'Install', it starts to install, but then a pop-up comes up saying:
"Run-time error '76:
Path not found"

Is it something I installed, or the program?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#12 Old 25th Dec 2005 at 3:07 AM
xpleased:

Please make sure you are using 1.0.77 as this is the correct version. If you are using 1.0.60 this is the wrong version and you must download again and follow the instructions I posted again in the official support thread.

Thank you

Lab Assistant
#13 Old 25th Dec 2005 at 3:18 AM
My life is now complete. Thanks for letting me test Delphy! *huggles all around* My Christmas has been made. Anyone else? lol
On a Radical Sabbatical :)
retired moderator
#14 Old 25th Dec 2005 at 3:23 AM Last edited by tkdjunkie : 25th Dec 2005 at 3:32 AM.
If anyone has technical issues about Q-Xpress, please report over in the technical issues thread: http://www.modthesims2.com/forumdisplay.php?f=442

(This thread was just for "news" and announcements.)

Thanks!

At the moment we are trying to put our lives in order. But this is not an end in itself. Our real purpose is to fit ourselves to be of maximum service to God and the people about us. -- The Big Book

I will be inactive indefinitely.
Blog
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 25th Dec 2005 at 3:45 AM
Thanks for this very helpful tool. Now when I open my presents tomorrow and find that Santa brought me Nightlife, I'll have just the right thing to aid me as I download all the cool things that I couldn't before. I am in total awe of your genius. Thanks again. Happy holidays.

I walked into your dream and now I've forgotten how to dream my own dream. Tori Amos
Test Subject
#16 Old 25th Dec 2005 at 5:10 AM
Nice. It's like a cross-breed between Getright (or some other download manager) and... don't remember the name, but that program for The Sims that automatically extracted files to where they go.

"You can start by bringing me the head of GOATMOR!"
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 25th Dec 2005 at 6:10 AM
One word somes it up bestest: coolarama. definitely! :D

Turtles can breathe through their butts. (Do you think they have bad breath?)
In Hong Kong, a betrayed wife is legally allowed to kill her adulterous husband, but may only do so with her bare hands. The husband's lover, on the other hand, may be killed in any manner desired. (Ah! Justice!)
Scholar
#18 Old 25th Dec 2005 at 8:12 AM
Thank you I going to test it out!
Test Subject
#19 Old 25th Dec 2005 at 9:03 AM
:sci: wow, finally, a self installing programme. Look out winrar, winzip, and Sim File Maid; the Q-Express is here!

No more GTP for me (Grand Theft Posting)
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 25th Dec 2005 at 9:16 AM
What can I say..

Very perfect lol!

Quote:
Life's a mountain,every single person climbs it,and you have to find the right stones to climb the mountain faster.The mountain never ends,and at all,every single person is equal of their values.Bill Gates' value and rights are just same of a Somalian boy.

©Me
The One and Only
#21 Old 25th Dec 2005 at 9:34 AM Last edited by IndigoAK : 25th Dec 2005 at 9:44 AM.
*stumbles in and waves*

I'm the Ambience-Design bit.

*nods*

Just so you people didn't give Delphy all the credit.

:P
Fluffy
retired moderator
#22 Old 25th Dec 2005 at 10:28 AM
in this season of goodwill towards all,
it's so nice of you to think of those poor downloadaholics out there
slaving away, pushing download-button after download-button
biting the last of their nails while they anxiously wait for the green bar to fill up
massaging their painful blisters from clicking and clicking to unzip everything
till they finally reach Sims-download bliss when everything is installed
so, thank you Delphy,
you are a hero to us

and kudos to you, too, Indigo :p
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 25th Dec 2005 at 11:49 AM
Sounds fantastic! Saves a lot of time with unzipping everything one by one.

Kudos to you both! :bow2:
Banned
#24 Old 25th Dec 2005 at 12:14 PM
Wooh! If you have a Nintendo DS and live near Cedar Close in Killamarsh go to room A at 3:50 for a chat! Thanks xxx.
Test Subject
#25 Old 25th Dec 2005 at 1:00 PM
Hello, my name is maryjaneowatson and i'm a downloadaholic... And you're not helping me! :p
No, seriously... Just downloaded and tested and it works perfectly... This is gonna save me sooo much time... Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!! :valentine

Not having a lot of posts doesn't mean I'm a newbie, it means I have a life.
Page 1 of 5