Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#176 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 8:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
Spitfire, I find your preference for fictional characters from literature interesting. You must really get involved with the stories you read.

I do! Certainly not all books, thought I find it happens more with series books. You spend enough time in a setting and you sometimes feel like you know characters as well as real friends.

I'll give an example to show just how ridiculously nerdy I am. Anyone who has read any of Anne McCaffrey's (R.I.P, she'll be greatly missed!) Dragonriders of Pern novels would probably know Master Robinton. In "The Masterharper of Pern" we learn Robinton's story.

So, yes, I do tend to get involved in epic setting books. :lovestruc You can invest as much or as little into a book because you rely completely on your own capabilities to visually flesh out the world and its inhabitants using only the guidance of the author. Like I said, I'm weird like that.

You can certainly invest as much or as little with movie, TV, and video game characters, too. But here everything is already done for you and nothing is left to the imagination. TV and movies more so because it's real people you're seeing, not an artist's rendition, if that makes any sense.

Don't get me wrong, I love TV and movies, animated or live-action. I have shows I won't miss under any circumstance.
And video games? Psh, I might as well not have a computer if I didn't play video games.

Well-written characters in these instances can be intriguing and evoke all kinds of feelings. But even a well-written character can fall horribly flat if the actor isn't any good or is a poor choice (movie, TV); or can't seem to get their voice to relay the appropriate inflections needed to get across whatever emotion is important for the scene (video games, animation).

You don't have these issues come up in books (unless the book/author just sucks, but that's beside the point) And that's why, for me, reading will always be more engaging.

Now, please ignore my inane ramblings and continue with the listing of all characters who've tugged at your heartstrings.

A game character finally came to mind. Gabriel Knight. The Tim Curry voiced version.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#177 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 10:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
Please don't feel badly, you were making some good points! But, seriously, hasn't any fictional character, including ones in TV shows or movies ever appealed to you?

well like I said not in a physical way....I'm obsessed with so many characters but they're all platonic interest
the only ones are Josh from Sabrina and the one I don't want to mention because it's too embarrassing

since I already mentioned Josh in my other reply, I guess if I had to say one, Drake Parker since even though I was obsessed with the real Drake in general all I had to go on for some time was his character.
Scholar
#178 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 11:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Spitfire Mouse
I'll give an example to show just how ridiculously nerdy I am. Anyone who has read any of Anne McCaffrey's (R.I.P, she'll be greatly missed!) Dragonriders of Pern novels would probably know Master Robinton. In "The Masterharper of Pern" we learn Robinton's story.

She died?

I totally didn't know. That's sad.

I really liked Robinton. He's way old, but I was smitten by his character. The teasing about him and Menolly was really great sexual tension.

I, too, get really invested in (well-written) characters. I know I've had lots of minor crushes on book characters, but nothing much happened to come to mind when I wrote my list a few pages back. Tanis has the distinction of being my second fictional crush, though (I read the Dragonlance books for the first time when I was 10), after Dracula. I was a weird child. I suppose I should count the thing I had (have) for Batman, but it was less a crush and more wanting to be him.
Instructor
#179 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 11:56 PM
sadly I hear mccaffrey's son is now writing the pern books, and is busy destroying the franchise if the scathing reviews on amazon are any indication. I liked them as a youngster.
Banned
Original Poster
#180 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 7:54 AM
This guy:
Lab Assistant
#181 Old 2nd Feb 2012 at 6:50 PM
Dozens....I can even go out on a stretch and say hundreds.

Been downloading like crazy...so many great creators here! Neglecting forums...will be back soon...ish.
Alchemist
#182 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 1:08 PM
Oh, yes, definitely... and still are.

Kaidan :lovestruc

(Picture by JHourney)
Test Subject
#183 Old 11th Feb 2012 at 7:08 AM
since I'm such a Dragon age Origins fiend,
I admit that part of the reason Ive played it so much is the fact that
trying to get all the endings has proven difficult.. I hate having to kill off or betray Alistair
and i guess also, that after not playing for a while i start to miss that accent!!
"something you need my Dear?" I click on him just to hear him say that :lovestruc
Inventor
#184 Old 12th Feb 2012 at 12:31 PM
Lab Assistant
#185 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 6:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Friedmilkshake
I wouldn't say "in love' exactly, but... I'm pretty fond of Tamaki from Ouran High School Host Club...

Give me Takashi!

Quote: Originally posted by GigaRevival
Roy Mustang:

OMG He is sooo delicious!! :lovestruc

Been downloading like crazy...so many great creators here! Neglecting forums...will be back soon...ish.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#186 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 11:00 PM
Lab Assistant
#187 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 6:41 PM
L Lawliet from Death Note <3

I'm forever mentally dating him.

How come Mario can smash through bricks, but he dies when he touches a freaking turtle..?
Field Researcher
#188 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 10:14 PM
Ellis & Faen, from two free kindle books (The Starfire Series & The Amulet)

My Simblr: Here
Lab Assistant
#189 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 2:33 PM
Fred & George from Harry Potter! :') I don't know which more. Oh and Lupin. I know, weirdo xD

Life Stage: Young Adult

Traits: Artistic, Bookworm, Dog Person, Over-Emotional, Good

LTW: Master of the Arts
Lab Assistant
#190 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 5:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Friedmilkshake
Lol, you can have him!
But you might have to fight my sister for him.

I'lll take her down.

Quote: Originally posted by ChappyTamTam
L Lawliet from Death Note <3
I'm forever mentally dating him.

I kill joo!!!!
My L!!

Test Subject
#191 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 5:31 PM
Well I'm sometimes obsessed with Lara Croft, but it's nothing romantic hahah : D
Top Secret Researcher
#192 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 3:10 AM
Psshaw!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "extended sputtering of lips"

Who could forget Elena Fisher?

In case you were wondering, shes the one on the err right... :p

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Mad Poster
#193 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 3:10 AM
You mean the guy?

I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT.
Top Secret Researcher
#194 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 3:12 AM
Whoops sorry fixed it, so how many people you think saw that?

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Mad Poster
#195 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 3:17 AM
ALLOFTHEM! Heh.

I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT.
Field Researcher
#196 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 2:21 PM
I'm starting to fall for this guy....

Cloak

Hope, it is the only thing stronger than fear. A little hope is effective, alot of hope is dangerous.- President Snow
Field Researcher
#197 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 2:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GigaRevival
Roy Mustang

Ohh my.. He is also mine! LOL... He is HOT. literally! :lovestruc

Hope, it is the only thing stronger than fear. A little hope is effective, alot of hope is dangerous.- President Snow
Lab Assistant
#198 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 3:02 PM
Anyone else loves Jem from the Infernal Devices? :lovestruc

Life Stage: Young Adult

Traits: Artistic, Bookworm, Dog Person, Over-Emotional, Good

LTW: Master of the Arts
Lab Assistant
#199 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 6:24 AM
In order of heart-fartiness (Greatest to least):

Darion Mograine from WoW (World of Warcraft). He's so lovable <3

Ripp Grunt (I hope you all know who that is). Cute.

Zhoom from DragonFable. Pretty sexy, but waaaaaaaaay too serious and hardly does anything funny, 'xept maybe that time when he was yelling at Cysero.

Prince Drakath Slugwrath from Dragonfable as well. Just something 'bout those green eyes and arrogant attitude...

And Alistair looks adorable! I need to start playing that game.

What's the point in thinking when you speak your mind?
----
This useless item right here is an asset!
Test Subject
#200 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 3:06 AM
When i was really young i remember having the hugest crush on Tuxedo Mask from Sailor Moon, a couple of years later when i was a bit older i had another huge crush on InuYasha. My faveorite book series of all time is the Night Angel Trilogy, and i'll admit i had a crush on the main character Kylar the first time i read it through.
Page 8 of 10