Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 10:40 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Moved My CC Files Around & Now Some Won't Work In Game
My Mods folder was a mess so I decided to take the time and clean it up. I didn't delete any files or move them out of the Mods>packages file, I just created Categories in the Packages file and then subcategories and so on. I went in game and I was missing probably two dozen cc items. I checked and the files weren't deleted or disturbed property wise but they won't show up in my game Has anyone had or knows how to fix this? Should I move everything back into just one file under Packages? Or is something else causing this?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 11:05 PM
Unless you have edited it to allow otherwise, I believe the standard Resource.cfg file will only look for and read content five sub-levels below Mods\Packages. Did your categories and subcategories go deeper than that?
Instructor
#3 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 11:07 PM
If you have latest Resource.cfg you can get from here, it should look like this once you open it with notepad or another txt editor:

This is what allows you to make sub-folders inside your Packages folder.
If you don't see something like this, maybe you have an older version and you should update your Resource.cfg file.

But this also tells you that you have a limit to the number of sub-folders you can have in your Packages folder. Indeed, you can have up to 4 sub-folders for your CC packages to still be read by the game.
Maybe check that you didn't go over this limit?

Edit: Oops, igazor was faster than me.