Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Feb 2017 at 11:13 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Pets
Default Appaloosa Plains missing?
Not been able to find anything about this on extensive searches, so hoping someone here can help. I have only recently bought Sims 3 and Pets - no other packs as yet (I'm a 2 and 4 player up until now!). I registered games today with EA and downloaded their free gift thing of the couple of pet accessories. Installed them from download (it was automatic), went to open my saved game (Appaloosa Plains) and it was gone from the launcher. It was in a 'current' game box/queue - but was grayed out and unplayable. I tried a few things I found - but nothing worked, so I deleted the download, backed up the sims 3 folder and started again from default. Appaloosa Plains was back. So I installed the 'Framework Setup' from here - with the Mods file in - and the same has happened again - no saved game this time but Appaloosa Plains missing... any thoughts?

xx
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 17th Feb 2017 at 11:21 PM
In fact - Pets now appears to be missing altogether - as in there are none of the items or icons for it either :/

xx
Scholar
#3 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 4:07 AM
Are you on patch 1.69 by any chance?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 1:21 PM
If this was an Origin for Windows install or you had let Origin update your game, then you are on Patch 1.69. There are no choices given. You have to check the Expansions and Stuff tab of the Launcher to make sure the EPs you expect to have in play are actually listed and checkboxed on every startup. If the game starts up without the Pets EP loading, then there is no Appaloosa and no EP content.
Inventor
#5 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 4:46 PM
^ Ya I'm not saying 1.69 is the devil or anything, but it's red and has horns and a pointy tail.

Shotgunning bland cucumbers since 1974
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 5:07 PM
Argh! OK - thanks lads will try to keep on top of it - pain in the padded rear.

xx
Mad Poster
#7 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 5:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MOOKIEBLAYLOCK
^ Ya I'm not saying 1.69 is the devil or anything, but it's red and has horns and a pointy tail.

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger."
-Igazor F. Nietzsche (2017)