Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 11:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mixki
i had the same problem

You two must place the SMD file and the CLIP file in the same folder!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 3:20 PM
i'm working on a video tutorial for This and should be posted by sunday :-) if anyone is interested in watching it for help it will be posted on my channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/matts3ntm i have the Tutorial completed but it's over 30 minutes so i have to trim it and render it :-)
Test Subject
#78 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 3:38 PM
do we have to follow this tutorial for installing custom poses made by other users?
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#79 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 3:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iheartyou.
do we have to follow this tutorial for installing custom poses made by other users?

No, this tutorial is for making your own custom poses.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Banned
#80 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 8:44 PM
i cannot find the x_ thingy!!!
Test Subject
#81 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 9:02 PM Last edited by ChicagoStorm : 8th Apr 2011 at 10:44 PM.
Hi Cmo and everyone else. I'm interested in creating my own poses/animations. I don't have milkshape yet, but I do have Blender. I have no clue how to work with Sims in Blender. I did see a few beginner tutorials working with Blender. I need help please.

Edit: Well I got milkshape to work for me, but when I open the smd file and the import the halfLife smd, all i get is a bunch of yellow and blue lines. Not an actual 3D Body. I don't know why it looks like that, maybe because I don't have a registered copy??
Test Subject
#82 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 11:53 PM
No that is not the reason! to quit that lines in milkshape go to file/ preferences and then misc and where it says joint size put it to 0.006000 :D
Test Subject
#83 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 11:54 PM
I would like to create an animation but how to delete all the IK chains ? I don't understand.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#84 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 12:38 AM
To delete the IK chains open the CLIP in Grid, choose IKTargetInfo/IKChains. Hit the little box on right and delete the IKChains.
Banned
#85 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 1:39 AM
wait so you have to get a registered milkshape in order to save? tHAT IS NOT FAIR~~and i just finished mah pose :'(
Test Subject
#86 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 3:12 AM
and how to export a clip in Milkshape DX
So is there any tutorial
Alchemist
Original Poster
#87 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 3:53 AM
Brujiaba you don't export CLIP from MS...you export smd. Did you look at the first post in this thread?...it's a tutorial
Banned
#88 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 4:19 AM
alright!! my pose is like not showing up in game and i have tried EVERYTHING!! so i type in a_se_sexypose and my sim does absolutly nothing!NOTHING I TELL YA!!!And i worked so hard on the pose!!!
Test Subject
#89 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 4:19 AM
Okay yeah, Milkshape wont let me save my work because it's unregistered. So, yeah...anyone figure out how to work this in Blender yet?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#90 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 4:56 AM
If you want to work this with Blender you'll need the Blender .smd import/export plugin for that.

lyanne14...did you try double loading your pose as described upstream in this thread?
Test Subject
#91 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 6:37 AM
Thanks Orangemittens. I downloaded the .smd and the Half life 2 .smd. I think I'll re-watch some beginner tutorials and figure out how to get the halflife 2 to work and everything that follows. Are you using Blender?
Test Subject
#92 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 1:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by orangemittens
To delete the IK chains open the CLIP in Grid, choose IKTargetInfo/IKChains. Hit the little box on right and delete the IKChains.

Ok but when I select my clip in s3pe, the Grid button remains disabled. What is wrong ?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#93 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 2:50 PM
You need to have updated versions of s3pe, the helpers, and the wrappers. You should be able to find links for those things at Simlogical.
Test Subject
#94 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 3:36 PM Last edited by ReMs : 9th Apr 2011 at 4:05 PM.
Thanks ! I've solved the problem.
Instructor
#95 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 12:58 AM
Have almost got a pose box complete
Thanks for this awesome tutorial
Test Subject
#96 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 2:21 AM
I want to add additional information : Don't forget to tick Use Resource Name When you import your animation to a package.
Banned
#97 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 3:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by orangemittens
If you want to work this with Blender you'll need the Blender .smd import/export plugin for that.

lyanne14...did you try double loading your pose as described upstream in this thread?

wait wat??

well my pose will not show up when i type the name of the pose,it looks the the origional picture uploaded in milk shape it looks like a girl standing with her hands out and her legs together!i swear i have tried everything!and i am so mad because I WANT THIS TO WORK SOO bad, i feel line crying

PLEASE HELP!!!
i honstly cannot find the problem....or maybe it's because i downloaded the a_xevt_701 thingy??you know in the first page of the thread, or maybe because i need to put the .animation, the .sed, and the.bak00 files together when changing them to package, or seperate...or maybe i am saving something wrong?? WHAT IS IT???I DON"T KNOW!!!

OR MAYBE BECAUSE I AM USING THE ADULT BODIES ON A YOUNG ADULT???!?!?!?
Alchemist
#98 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 3:50 AM
I just hate when people act like little children and pout about their own failure to follow directions as if it was someone else that caused the problem. No one here is paid to answer these questions, and even if they were, the questions have to be asked sensibly to allow for a sensible answer. I would suggest you start at the beginning and work you way through each step again. Computers are unforgiving;. spelling counts, and a thingy needs to be called the right name. There is no "do what I mean" shortcuts button on any computer I ever saw.

I would be surprised if you have any success at what you are doing if your work habits mirror your forum manners. Perhaps you can apply some adult discipline to your work and get better results.

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Test Subject
#99 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 4:22 AM
Okay, looks like I've downloaded the wrong half life .smd for Blender. I have Blender 2.49 with the Python 2.6.2 version. I can get the am_body_4_anim to show up, my problem is having to import Halflife .SMD. I checked the Blender website and I couldn't find it there. So if someone could kindly point me in the right direction, hopefully everything else could run smoothly.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#100 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 4:29 AM Last edited by orangemittens : 10th Apr 2011 at 5:15 AM. Reason: Edited to add link to Blender smd tools
Quote: Originally posted by WesHowe
I would suggest you start at the beginning and work you way through each step again.
lyanne14, I really can't provide better advice than that. Throw away the a_xevt_701 CLIP that you downloaded and go through the tutorial the way it's written.

CS, I found the link where i downloaded the smd tools for Blender but it requires 2.5x version of Blender. I'm using 2.56 and the .py works like a charm for it.

It's great to see you stopping in Wes

ETA: I suppose it would be helpful if I actually posted that link

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/...ender_SMD_Tools
Page 4 of 58