Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 4:37 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Game refusing to save new games
My game will save, or at least say it has saved a new game but every time I go to the main menu it just shows the same old saves, I tried deleting the old saves in case I had too many save files but that did nothing. Now normally I would just run the game and never save but since this game will just suddenly decide to crash at the drop of a hat, that doesn't work with this game, so I really need a way to save.

Does anyone know what is going on and how to fix it, my system and game specs are in my sig.

Thank you for your time.

My PC specs.
Windows 7 64 bit,AMD FX 4300 quad core processor, 8 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig Geforce 9500 graphics card, patch 1.67.2
Every time I reinstall the game I run it clean without any CC, not even the store bought stuff so it isn't CC or mods that cause me trouble.
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 5:49 AM
Okay I will give that a shot.

My PC specs.
Windows 7 64 bit,AMD FX 4300 quad core processor, 8 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig Geforce 9500 graphics card, patch 1.67.2
Every time I reinstall the game I run it clean without any CC, not even the store bought stuff so it isn't CC or mods that cause me trouble.
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 6:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
need more information.

Save it under a really wacky name. Then check the save folder if the save is actually there.

That is odd my new save files are in the saved folder under the name Taxestoohigh and they look like all the other saves and I started them today, but all it will show in the game is this old save file, I guess there is no way to load a saved game in this game period, that is how buggy it is.

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...7e8&oe=58FF8721

My PC specs.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 6:17 AM
Okay I had to go in a manually delete every other saved game, but now the new ones are showing up, I guess there were just too many saves or something but when I deleted them in game, it wasn't really deleting them, but now it is, so everything is good.

I will post here again if this problem pops up again, talk about weird.

My PC specs.
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 9:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Thanks for the report. Very interesting. I didn't know there's a limit on how many saves we can have. I also routinely clean my savegame through the folder itself instead of through the game. Just sort by date and keep the latest.

Good idea, I will be sure to do that in future. Some of these saved games were really old, when all was said and done I ended up free up about 35Gbs of hard drive space on my computer, I had no idea Sims 3 save files were so big.

Thanks for the help guys and I will be sure and take better care of my game in future.

My PC specs.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 3:13 AM
It's actually perfectly okay to hang onto hundreds (or thousands, yikes) of old saved games if one wants to and can devote the drive space to it somewhere. Just not in the live TS3 game folder's Saves folder. That one maxes out somewhere between 50 and 80 of them, something like that, and the Launcher (or rather the saved game selector thingy, whatever it's called) can and will trip over itself and get confused with somewhere around that many.

I tend to keep my very old saves that I may wish to call up to see something that happened years ago on a different drive until I know in advance that I want to open/play one.
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th Feb 2017 at 3:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
It's actually perfectly okay to hang onto hundreds (or thousands, yikes) of old saved games if one wants to and can devote the drive space to it somewhere. Just not in the live TS3 game folder's Saves folder. That one maxes out somewhere between 50 and 80 of them, something like that, and the Launcher (or rather the saved game selector thingy, whatever it's called) can and will trip over itself and get confused with somewhere around that many.

I tend to keep my very old saves that I may wish to call up to see something that happened years ago on a different drive until I know in advance that I want to open/play one.

Thanks for explaining how that works, that is a huge help. I think in future I will move my older save files to my UBS thumb drive, that should be good enough.

Thanks again for the help and explaining what was going on.

My PC specs.