Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 1:18 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Pets
Default Help my CC is not working
I looked up on YouTube how to install cc and mods. I did exactly what she said to do and I go and check if it has worked and it did not show up.
Here is a link to her video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J-2xKV95xY

I can only download cc from this one certain file, it has the Sims 3 logo on it I double click it and it works. But the other type of file witch I need for Horses furniture and all that, it will not work.

Here is a link to the horse stuff I want but will not work http://lakesidesaddlery.weebly.com/

I go to Documents, Electronic Arts, The Sims 3, Mods ( I had to add mods in )
And then in the video she had a link to this website for this other file, I download it then she says make a Packages folder I did that. Go into Packages make another Mods folder and she had another link to NRaas ( Here is the link to what I had to download https://nraas.wikispaces.com/How+to+Install )

I put it in mods and then I could download whatever I wanted. But it did not work I`m not sure if I did something wrong, or I did not understand what she meant?
Please help
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 9:43 AM
Maybe a stupid question, but do you have a "Resource.cfg" file in your mods folder? It sounds like that your resource.cfg is missing or that the code in that file is broken somehow. I had that problem with package files to some days ago when in re-instal everything to my computer. I have fixed it with replacing the Resource.cfg text. You can download a new one ihere:

Resource.cfg Fix (The second post.)
Credit to HystericalParoxysm who has fixed the problem for me.

For the packages files:
All you have to do is drag and drop the package files in the "Packages" folder in your "Mods"folder.

Just let me know that this has fixed it for you.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 10:48 AM
From what you have described, you have a Mods folder with a Packages folder inside, with a Mods folder inside of that. Uhm, that's not quite right.

This is what the framework setup should look like.
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...Setup_and_Files
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 11:00 AM
I remember watching that video and I know that you need to download the resource.cfg file for the mods to work with that method. However, I have seen some people complaining that this certain method didn't work for them.

But on the upside, there is another method luckily to get the mods folder working in your game. What you wanna do is this:

Go to this link, this will lead you to another page on Mod The Sims showing you how to install mods and packages but as well, it also has a download link for the mods folder for The Sims 3, which you are looking for. It has the overwrides and packages folders in there and well the resource.cfg , this one should work for you this time. Also I like to mention that there are two very useful mods in Mod The Sims version of the Mods folder. One of the mods skips the annoying intro video that you will always see when you boot up the game and the other one is the no sparkles in build mode mod. That mod just removes the sparkles when you build walls. But anyway here is the link: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...Setup_and_Files

To download the mods folder, you want to go down until you see the big blue Download button, it should be somewhere in the middle of the page. Next, go into where you saved the download and unzip it with WinWar or 7Zip. Now go into the mods folder that you have in game at the m moment and go into your packages folder and transfer every package into the one you just downloaded earlier. Now delete the old one and now put in the one you downloaded earlier. Before you launch your game though delete the cache files. They are, socailCache.package, CASPartsCache.package, scriptCache.Package, simCompositionCache.package and finally compositionCache.package. Now launch your game. If you make it to the main menu, you will see a blue popup box, don't worry though because that just tells you what mods you that what mods you have installed in your game. This is a very good sign that your mods are working but I recommend you do some testing in your game before you can give it the all clear, especially with CC, I recommend you test your CC items in game for a little bit so you know you don't have any bad CC.

Anyway I hope this was helpful, sorry if I didn't explain it the best but I hope you still understand it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 11:24 AM
Thank you all for helping! It means so much to me, and now my Sims 3 works!! I did get some help from another person they were able to go through it step by step. it was the Resource.cfg And I just want to say a huge thank you to you all this helped me so much!