Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 9:21 PM
Default Downtown hood lighting
A global hack to change Downtown's lighting from "night" to "day" - it's really hard to do hood changes when you can't SEE well.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 9:33 PM
Isn't there a "toggle day/night" button in the left corner somewhere?

Also, I've noticed that if you save a lot in daytime, the neighborhood will be in daytime the next time you enter the hood. Might be worth a try.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 3:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Isn't there a "toggle day/night" button in the left corner somewhere?

Also, I've noticed that if you save a lot in daytime, the neighborhood will be in daytime the next time you enter the hood. Might be worth a try.

That "toggle" is only available in a LOT. I want to modify the HOOD view (moving, deleting, creating lots; changing hood "deco", etc). There is no one living there now, I'll have to put someone there, enter the lot, then go back to hood and see if it's light!

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 4:25 AM
There is a day/night toggle in hood view as well. Over to the left.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#5 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 10:31 AM
Left from video/camera buttons. (I would've circled it for you, but I'm just too lazy to reupload this pic to my crappybucket.)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 5:57 PM
DJ: how could I not have known this! (going from a residential lot in day-time didn't work)

Mad Poster
#7 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 6:18 PM
You have to save the lot for the changes to work. Also works for weather and seasons.