Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jul 2008 at 9:31 PM
Default End of Year Coursework Story
This is a story that I wrote for coursework, I had to write a short story, about an everyday event or and Everyday time or lifestyle that makes it extraordinary. It was quite fun to do, and I might update it and change it to a "Sim Story" one day, but at the moment, Its not simmy at all, Just my Petchy Brain juice! :p

------------------------------------------------------

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

She went up to his door, and knocked on it, three times. She thought about how it couldn’t have happened and, how it couldn’t have happened to her. But after a few minutes, when she was beginning to think there was no-one in, and the thought of going back home was across her mind, the door opened.

Four years ago, at the very same time, she had received a phone call. It was from her father all the way in France. Now, France isn’t that far away nowadays, but in 1967, it was quite far away.

Her face was pointed, and very ladylike, unlike her character, she had Grey eyes and light brown hair, that went blond in the high summer.

She was told that she had to go down to see her brother, and being the strong type of woman she was, she thought nothing of the sort.
She would go see her brother, and do whatever it was that she was asked to do, and be back soon, and in whatever state she was in now. But for it to be done purposely, it would prove harder to do so than she ever had thought. And surprisingly, can be so easy to happen on its own accord, it seems like fate.

She got onto the cold, dull and intimidating train. She looked at the hills. She heard a whistle and began to travel down past the cold mountains of Scotland to Middlesbrough, Where her brother was waiting for her.
She departed from the train, and met her brother in the café outside, she asked him as to why he wasn’t there in the station. He shrugged, and grimly replied,

“Too many Hippies”

She thought about when the train was shaking its passengers off of its back, and realized, yes, a lot of young people were on that train, but she knew, that whoever they were, couldn’t compensate for a direct absence of his brother... No, she knew there was a reason inside.

She went back to his small house in the outskirts of Middlesbrough, and set down her things on the table, when her brother entered the kitchen.

“Dad was just on the phone,” He informed her.

“Oh? What’d he say?”

“He says that the as you’re in England, you might as well See the sights”

“England’s a pretty big place Drew!” she cut him off,

“Yes, Josie, but it’s not my fault is it? No! So stop complaining to me!” His voice raised a tone, and she knew that the conversation subject must change soon...

The next day she went with her brother into the heart of Middlesbrough, She saw sights like the Victorian buildings and a new road being built -called the A66? She can’t remember, it all went so fast- until she came to a museum. She went inside with her brother and saw things like bones and such, she was terribly bored…

Then she bumped into him; well, to be true, more ‘he’ bumped into ‘her’, as ‘he’ was the one running full pace not looking where ‘he’ was going.
“Oh I’m so sorry miss...” He stopped talking when their eyes met. He felt suddenly fuller, and deeper, and not the light felling had had has once before.
“Oh… it’s ok” she said, with a voice so unlike her usual, because she felt much more ladylike, and, oddly, feminine.
His face was simple; he had copper colored hair, and a shade for eye that looked as purple as beetroot, then a blue whirlpool sucking your gaze into the pupil.

She looked around for her brother, -moving with her head, not her legs- but he was no-where to be seen,
She then turned he look towards the rude, insolent, beautiful, delightful, boy that ran into her with grace and charm. The more she looked at him, the less negative she could think.

“Would you like to go to the cinema with me?” he said, revering back to his boyish facade.

“The cinema?” she thought in her head, she hadn’t gone to one of them for ages… But did she want to go with him? It seemed OK. ‘He’ seemed OK.
“Yes,” she ‘spluttered’ “I'd… I'd, love to” The 'Love to' Came out faster than the whole sentence, She blushed as she stroked her Hairsprayed Beehive that she only ever made up for outings and special occasions.

Four years past, and she had received a phone call at mid-day. She took the train, like before, but this time, with a three-year-old son. She knocked on his door, three times, and waited in the deathly silence.

Around three minutes passed and the door then opened. A man with copper colored hair, that looked plainly natural, and blue-purple eyes, Flat and looking Grey, opened the door –he looked almost exactly like before, but his eyes seemed duller, more... old…

The last time she had met him was three years ago, after she made an un-expected visit, but she had never thought that that night could’ve invented this.
They talked about the baby, and how his life should be better than what it was now, with an un-identified father. They looked at each other again, and he said, with a glint in his eyes that began to swirl to the colours she remebered,

“Will you..” He got down on one knee, "...Marry me?"

There was a deathly silence...

“Yes... I will”

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/