Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Feb 2014 at 1:39 PM
Default Any way to replace the background image in the main menu with an HD image?
So, I've recently rebooted my Sims Neighborhood, and decided to take it a step further, so I have been systematically replacing low resolution textures, and in general things that don't look good on my 1680x1050 display without taking away the unique feel of the game... (Also made my own menu icon, and reverted the menu loop track from the Apartment Life and M&G one, to the less annoying and depressing Nightlife one, but that's besides the point...)

So, I got a replacement for the barren loading screen that I edited to fit my display resolution, but am having trouble figuring out how to do the same with the Background in the Main Menu. I tried making a simple texture replacement file, and while it gave me the image I put in, it stuck it in the little box as opposed to filling the entire monitor space....
Am I missing something here? Is the dark blue an overlapping texture? If so, why did the corner of the image I put in appear in the top left corner of the box? If anyone more experienced could explain how to fix this stupid issue, I'd be grateful... Especially since I suspect the Loading screens for Neighborhood, Family, Community Lots, and CAS suffer the same problem, and the little boxes have made me feel clostrophobic...