Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#101 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 6:43 AM Last edited by coltraz : 15th Dec 2011 at 8:15 AM.
Does anyone know where I can get a hold of the new patch without going through the launcher? SimPrograms usually has a direct link but they don't seem to yet, but there are people I know of who've updated to 1.29 manually...just not sure where they are finding the files.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#102 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 6:44 AM
-blinks-

Simpoints stuff? Wow, EA, wow. Nice way to shove premium stuff up peoples' faces.

EDIT: Doh! It crashed on me again!
Lab Assistant
#103 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 6:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
Does anyone know where I can get a hold of the new patch without going through the launcher? SimPrograms usually has a direct link but they don't seem to yet, but there are people I know of who've updated to 1.29 manually...just not sure where they are finding the files.

Also, Srikandi, or anyone else using CC Magic ... always when patching/installing a new EP I'd remove my CC and mods by simply yanking my Mods folder out of its directory. With the way CC Magic works, what's the best way to remove your CC before patching? I know, I should probably ask that at Grant's forum, but I figured I'd get a faster reply here.

Here's the link for the patch 1.29 update: http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownload...40xx_update.exe

About the roof pattern...
I Found another one
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#104 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 6:53 AM
Wow, those trees look pretty neat. I don't have a use for them but I might have to find one!

Hmm.. my game has been a bit wonky since patching. It crashed a few times on start up but if I get in game it seems stable enough.
Alchemist
#105 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 6:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TetraCycline
Here's the link for the patch 1.29 update...

Thank you I just spotted the link on MATY, too, and came running back here to edit my post.
Field Researcher
#106 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 7:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TetraCycline
About the roof pattern...
I Found another one

This green roof came with the Pets patch 1.26, I know because I've been using it a lot lately.

Can't wait to use those new trees, my game is in need of a new junkyard, alien fungus infested dump site it is then. But I need to wait for Master Controller to be updated, I can't even imagine playing without it...
Mad Poster
#107 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 7:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lisfyre
Make sure you're not logged into Origin and Unlink Facebook!!!

That is not going to do it. Now you must go in the Origin and make sure you untick any boxes that links them with The Sims 3 site. EA is publishing your Origin's ID on your Sim Page, above your avatar picture. Oh yeah, it is starting sooner than you think.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Forum Resident
#108 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 9:10 AM
FYI, Twallan just finishes updating all mods to 1.29. Hats off to our beloved modder of the year.
Now I can continue my simming business.
Inventor
#109 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 9:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Aaaaand in my ongoing research on this patch, I tried enabling the store in my game. Caused no problems, but I wasn't seeing the store items int he catalog. So I tried exiting and restarting... and now TS3 crashes at startup

So I am going to see if I can disable the store in an .ini file. Be warned, though

Edit: yup, re-disabling the store in options.ini worked for me. Conclusion: in my game at least, enabling the store with this patch makes the game crash at startup.

If anybody else is experiencing this, you can fix it as follows: make sure enableingamestore = 0 in the options.ini in My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3. You can fix it by editing with notepad.

I tried this on several (AnyGameStarter) installations and it would not work. It still crashes BUT it only crashes 2 times. On the third try, my game starts fine.

You will then still need to turn the ingame store off since it will crash your buy mode.

I assume it's a corrupt picture cause there's a new folder called featuredItems where pics are added. Those pics are added whether you have the ingame store turned on or off, doesn't matter.

Only a few are loaded on the first try, some more on the second and then it's fine. I assume one of this pics is corrupt and doesn't get added so it crashes the build mode later on.
Test Subject
#110 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 10:52 AM
hello guys,

I have a problem with CAW since updated my game to Patch 1.29.
I already changed the default.ini but it didn´t work. It still says CAW is incompatible
with my game...

hope u can help me and I didn´t skip that it was already fixed...
Field Researcher
#111 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 11:36 AM
I just patched and the icon for Master Suite Stuff showed up in my launcher, looks to me like they were gonna relese this patch with the stuff pack, I wonder what made them relese the patch earlier... Anyway, I'm starting my game now, I hope all my sims will live through this.
Inventor
#112 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 11:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Alliteration
I could have sworn the dented babies were only around since Late Night or so.

I'm pretty sure it's been there since base game but it is entirely possible that I'm wrong. I played for a bit with base game and then stopped playing for a really long time and I have never had many babies in the game anyway.

That is still a long time for an obvious glitch to not be fixed.

kittens!
Lab Assistant
#113 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 12:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LookAlikeKS
hello guys,

I have a problem with CAW since updated my game to Patch 1.29.
I already changed the default.ini but it didn´t work. It still says CAW is incompatible
with my game...

hope u can help me and I didn´t skip that it was already fixed...

Did you copy+paste from the sims 3 pets folder? I used the one from the original sims 3 folder in the EA folder and that worked better C:
Try and find (or copy+paste this??):
CompatVersion = 14
WorldBuilderCompatibilityVersion = 11
Forum Resident
#114 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 1:26 PM
It borked my saved game. Should have held off till Twallan updated.. Fricken Ea....
Scholar
Original Poster
#115 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 2:53 PM
More freebies in Shop Mode...http://simsvip.com/ Looks like they are determined to get us to use that feature.
Top Secret Researcher
#116 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 3:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
Taken from the official forums. Added in the patch.

*Dons tin foil hat with crazy glue*
Bet this is the rise to Facebook style advertising.

I guess that's what they meant by:
  • Additional bug fixes and polish to existing features.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Mad Poster
#117 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 3:37 PM Last edited by ~MadameButterfly~ : 15th Dec 2011 at 4:33 PM. Reason: iPad typo
Aaaaand in my ongoing research on this patch, I tried enabling the store in my game. Caused no problems, but I wasn't seeing the store items int he catalog. So I tried exiting and restarting... and now TS3 crashes at startup

So I am going to see if I can disable the store in an .ini file. Be warned, though

Edit: yup, re-disabling the store in options.ini worked for me. Conclusion: in my game at least, enabling the store with this patch makes the game crash at startup.

If anybody else is experiencing this, you can fix it as follows: make sure enableingamestore = 0 in the options.ini in My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3. You can fix it by editing with notepad.

Thank-you so much!! Apparently my game was set to have the store on when I ran the patch, and yup...would not even get past the start-up. I am so glad you posted the fix. :D
Scholar
#118 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 3:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crinrict

I assume it's a corrupt picture cause there's a new folder called featuredItems where pics are added. Those pics are added whether you have the ingame store turned on or off, doesn't matter.

I moved those out of that folder and into a nice safe place...just incase

and my game started just fine....course i don't use and will never use the
ingame store....
Test Subject
#119 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 4:35 PM
Ever since partch 1.26 and pets my game has started crashing for no reason. D: I really want pets but I don't want the crashing! It's really broken my game. I just wanted to have a little pixel doggie! Is that so much to ask? :'(
Scholar
#120 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 4:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Samara01
Ever since partch 1.26 and pets my game has started crashing for no reason. D: I really want pets but I don't want the crashing! It's really broken my game. I just wanted to have a little pixel doggie! Is that so much to ask? :'(

Pets is drastically higher in graphics requirements than the other EPs...

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Test Subject
#121 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 4:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Samara01

That explains it. I have the wrong graphics card as well. But the way they listed the ones that are actually compatible is not helpful because it doesn't tell me which one to buy.
I'm above all the other requirements it's just my non compatible graphics card. :/ I've never had crashing before.
Instructor
#122 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 4:56 PM
Finally fixed the no jealousy award. Thank goodness. Seemed so dumb to me....
Instructor
#123 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 8:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
Those new trees are so strange ...I'm rather reminded of Morrowind.

I was thinking Oblivion (with The shivering Isles DLC thingy)

Anyway, Besides Sci-fi build stuff, has anyone found Buy Mode stuff. I dont really care for sci-fi but the wallpapers can make for a modern looking home with the Futureshock stuff from the store and there was also a EP/SP set that would match it too but I cannot remember for the life of me.

(◐ω◑)
What kind of Sim loves like this?
(◐ω◑)
Theorist
#124 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 8:52 PM Last edited by tizerist : 15th Dec 2011 at 9:06 PM.
Does anyone know where the non-launch basegame objects are located?
I've searched the fullbuild0 for newer objects such as recycle bins and alien trees but can never find them..

edit, they're in deltabuid0

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Test Subject
#125 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 9:55 PM
Does EVERYTHING need to be updated again? (I mean the mods and such). Because I had learned about this new patch on NRAAS and made sure to update them all when I patch, but my game crashed to desktop. I have Delphys Desktop, but it didn't tell me anything was wrong with the mods. But I'm guessing what I just said about everything needing to be updated again is about right. Please tell me I'm wrong!
Test Subject
#126 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 9:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lisfyre
Make sure you're not logged into Origin and Unlink Facebook!!!

Oh crap! 0_0 This part I did not know! What can I do to fix this?
Forum Resident
#127 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 10:13 PM
As I used a separate email account and have never linked it to my FB Account. I have at least dodged that bullet..

Fricken Ea and it Bull..

Up dated the various mods that I needed to do so. Twallan is awesome. As is the all the modders that rushed through to get the mods updated and making sure that we can all go back to playing.. Until the next time.... Now all seems to be working again.. For now...
Eminence Grise
#128 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 3:09 AM Last edited by Srikandi : 16th Dec 2011 at 5:45 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Denim
Does EVERYTHING need to be updated again? (I mean the mods and such). Because I had learned about this new patch on NRAAS and made sure to update them all when I patch, but my game crashed to desktop. I have Delphys Desktop, but it didn't tell me anything was wrong with the mods. But I'm guessing what I just said about everything needing to be updated again is about right. Please tell me I'm wrong!

With ANY patch, you should start with the assumption that all your gameplay/script type mods might have become invalid. Best to disable all of those at the outset, till you can find out from the mod makers whether they need updating or not. You should always follow these steps before patching: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...efore_You_Begin

Delphy's Dashboard won't detect incompatibilities between mods and patch levels. It will only detect CERTAIN (not all) incompatibilities between mods. It has a lot of false positives ("conflicts" that won't really cause any problems) as well as false negatives (doesn't detect actual issues). Really, there's no way for an automated tool to identify every possible incompatibility.

And Coltraz, the way I use CC Magic after a patch... is to use make a new "compatible" configuration... and move sets into it incrementally as I update or validate them as compatible with the patch
Test Subject
#129 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 5:28 AM
My game has been totally wonky since the patch, and it crashed on me while I was building a nice big house for my simmies. Any suggestions?
Theorist
#130 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 5:48 AM
That is not going to do it. Now you must go in the Origin and make sure you untick any boxes that links them with The Sims 3 site. EA is publishing your Origin's ID on your Sim Page, above your avatar picture. Oh yeah, it is starting sooner than you think.

Good to know. I never ever use Origin unless I'm grabbing something from the Store or patching because I can't download from the Store or the official site unless I'm logged into Origin It's the only time I need to be logged into Origin. I log out as soon as I'm done because Origin actually slows down everything on my computer. I hate that thing... almost as bad as the launcher. And thanks for the heads up on the EA ID, I just went and checked it. Sigh

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Eminence Grise
#131 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 5:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xFuntoosh
My game has been totally wonky since the patch, and it crashed on me while I was building a nice big house for my simmies. Any suggestions?

If it really is a new issue since the patch, it is probably an incompatible mod. Try the steps here: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php..._Custom_Content

If you still have issues (or are getting the crashes without any CC installed), head to the game help Q+A forum listed at the bottom of the FAQ.
Test Subject
#132 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 6:27 AM
If it really is a new issue since the patch, it is probably an incompatible mod. Try the steps here: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php..._Custom_Content

If you still have issues (or are getting the crashes without any CC installed), head to the game help Q+A forum listed at the bottom of the FAQ.
I just threw up my hands in disgust and deleted everything in the "mods" folder. Hmph. I hate patches.
Mad Poster
#133 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 7:05 AM
Anyone experiencing missing store items after the patch? Some members from the official forums are having problems with missing store items, seems to be connected with the store advertising in the game. Then the store advertises the missing item for sale in-game, so when the player tries to reinstall the missing items, the objects will not install. Here is the post: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/476641.page

I haven't patched yet and now it looks like I must finish my collections folders of store items so I will know what is in my game. Then I can patch. I am so bummed with all the added "features" either with the patch and what is coming soon that I don't even want to play anymore.

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Mad Poster
#134 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 11:04 AM
My launcher doesn't even see any patch available to download, so hmmph! I wanted the umbrella trees. I will try to reinstall Pets, maybe that will fix it.
Retired
retired moderator
#135 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 11:08 AM
You can patch manually using this file: akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/TS3_1.29.55.0140xx_update.exe

Out of interest I checked my launcher, and it - being a crappy piece of software - denied there being a patch as well.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Mad Poster
#136 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 11:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
You can patch manually using this file: akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/TS3_1.29.55.0140xx_update.exe

Out of interest I checked my launcher, and it - being a crappy piece of software - denied there being a patch as well.

Thanks, I guess I will patch manually if it doesn't cooperate. It's strange though, because it works to upload and download from the Exchange/Store, but it doesn't see a patch. And then it gives me Runtime error when I ask it to refresh the information.
Test Subject
#137 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 1:53 PM
Dang!!! It crashed again! This time I suspect the CC. How do I get rid of it?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#138 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 2:06 PM
If you are having issues with the patch and need help...

First, run through this - every step, in order: Game Help:TS3 Game Problemwiki

If you're still having problems, please post a new thread in the Help forums (there's a link at the top of every FAQ page).

This thread is for general info, venting, etc., not help. Thanks.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Field Researcher
#139 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 2:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea

Mine hasn't offered to patch anything for me since Ambitions. Oh well, manual patching it is then.
Scholar
#140 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 3:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alliteration
Mine hasn't offered to patch anything for me since Ambitions. Oh well, manual patching it is then.

Better for you anyway. EA only sends patches through the launcher for your basegame and your most recent EP. That means if you have Pets for instance, your Late Night is probably horrendously out of date if you only patch through the launcher.

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Mad Poster
#141 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 6:31 PM Last edited by lewisb40 : 16th Dec 2011 at 10:13 PM.
You must (dun dun dun dun) have Origins logged in before the launcher will show the new patch. At least that is what happens to me. Otherwise, manual patch.

EDIT: What a mess I typed in. I hate auto-correct on tablets. Sorry everyone.

Alchemist
#142 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 8:07 PM
You must (dun dun dun dun) have Origins logged in for then the launcher will show the new patch. At least that I what happens to me. Otherwise, manual patch.

I don't have Origin, so is that why I got 'failure to initialize' after installing the patch manually? The game worked fine after that, nevertheless, so this really isn't a help question, more an 'I'm confused' issue.
Field Researcher
#143 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 9:27 PM
You must (dun dun dun dun) have Origins logged in for then the launcher will show the new patch. At least that I what happens to me. Otherwise, manual patch.

Seriously? I uninstall Origin every time EA tries to sneak it back on my computer with a new exp.
Maybe that's why I have to patch manually.
Mad Poster
#144 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 9:30 PM
I have Origin up and running before I start the Launcher and it still won't see the patch.
Instructor
#145 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 9:43 PM
Well it seems like, for me anyway that the new patch is stopping me save my game properly. A bit of a pain as it was fine up until then.May just have to delete everything & start again. I hate EA.

www.crystalgecko.co.uk

Never wake a sleeping Dragon...for you are small and crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
Top Secret Researcher
#146 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 10:00 PM
Anyone experiencing missing store items after the patch? ... Then the store advertises the missing item for sale in-game...
Brilliant. I had a RL relative whose hubcaps were stolen, then a guy came by trying to sell him hubcaps and they were the same ones. Hadn't thought of applying that to on-line commerce.
Mad Poster
#147 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 10:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
I have Origin up and running before I start the Launcher and it still won't see the patch.

Wow, I don't know what else to say. I know the patch doesn't come up on my launcher until I log in on Origins. *scratches head*

Mad Poster
#148 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 11:23 PM
Is their anything about CAW being broken. If so, is their a fix available. I want the pretty things, but I also want to make pretty places lol

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Test Subject
#149 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 11:36 PM
I have Origins installed ONLY because I don't want to wear down my PC's BD drive or wear out the discs (or they seem to collect tiny scratches no matter how careful I am).
Once it is updated I never open again until I get new Exp pack & don't want to use disc (above reasons).
Sims launcher I don't use except to install CC or Store items, then delete the cache files, log files, & the one I call "phone home" file...then I disconnect my internet, use the exe file shortcut I made to directly open game.
So far, it always told me when a new patch was available & I made sure to keep automatic updates UNCHECKED! (I read up on what they do first, though that doesn't always help).
But I do know that my Sims 3 launcher NEVER had weird "red X" in background until AFTER I installed Pets!
I used to install LOTS of CC at once (no, not all...but bigger batches than I can now do)...
I am afraid what is going to pop up next. At this rate I am going to be thankful I saved all my Sims 2 games, patches, & CC...this is all going to make me nuts!!
EA can take the "Excessive Pushing of Store & Socials" & shove it u-know-where!!
I guess now the few outrank the majority. (And I have seem at least "20 hates" for every "one like" about the new things EA is pushing...)

Oh what "Joy to the Season" these patches be.....
Test Subject
#150 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 12:20 AM
Is anyone else having their cc furniture glitching and pretty much non usable? my sims are floating above the beds and I can't cook anything or use the counters. The slots are all messed up, it happened with patch 1.26, can anyone give me any information on this please?

I now have 1.29 but I'm worried that all furniture not specifically designed for patch 1.26 aren't going to work. :/ I spent my whole day downloading new furniture and I'm going to be sad if none of them will work.
Page 3 of 4