Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
#6901 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 4:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gremily_
As of now my game keeps crashing and I'm really not sure why. I'm a little concerned.

Do a 50/50 check with your CC immediatly (try to remove all CC first).

Since it only happens '' sometimes '' try to find the scenario it always happens, it took me quite a time but try launching different households and visit different community lots to find the solution
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#6903 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 7:24 PM
What's happening in my town (Tonao City) right now ? Oh, i thought "what's happened in this town everyday..."

This is just an example.

Rob Roar, the Schoolville district police, said "In this town, you can throw drink to anyone and didn't break the law, but you can't kick a trash can in everywhere, this will spread Flu by cockroaches and Tonao City hospital will go mad. You may get arrested and jailed at least 3 days, or fined at least 1,000C."

Do not trying to boo at anyone when they're fighting, annoying someone when he/she got angry, or do anything like that. the Cool drinks is too cold in rainy season and winter season, and this isn't Songkran festival
Field Researcher
#6904 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 7:31 PM
Don Lothario caught Nina Caliente cheating on him with Ajay Loner. Nina actually married Ajay (well, he wanted to marry her and she didn't have a fear to get married, so why the hell not ) and now she's super confused - she wants and fears to have a baby at the same time
Instructor
#6905 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 8:37 PM
Well my sims, Airin and Sailara, celebrated the birthday of their son, Waev, who aged to toddler whilst I was playing last night and this morning, unfortunately, Sailara lost the second child she was due to give birth to and when I exited the game last (right now I'm browsing for more custom stuff and mods to improve gameplay) she was still recovering from the loss and trying to focus her attention on Waev, though she does still want to have a baby so I'll be having the couple try again soon.

I don't get why so many Simmers hate Marsha Bruenig. She actually grows up to be quite pretty if you allow her to.
Instructor
#6906 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 12:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
Do a 50/50 check with your CC immediatly (try to remove all CC first).

Since it only happens '' sometimes '' try to find the scenario it always happens, it took me quite a time but try launching different households and visit different community lots to find the solution

It's only when my game starts up. It'll get about halfway through the opening loading screen to the main menu, and then I get a message saying the application has crashed and will terminate. The most recent mod I installed was inteen and also SimBlender, but that was about 2 weeks ago. Hm.
Nonetheless, thanks ZenGarden! Definitely going to give that a try. Sometimes I leave my game open without quitting and it freezes, then it stops responding and I have to open task manager, click end process, etc... Sooo that's probably not good.
Scholar
#6907 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 4:47 PM
(This one got a bit long as I'm sorta binge-playing TS2 currently, so most is under a spoiler cut.)

The next update was to the Ross family in the main Cresdale area. That family currently consists of Christie Ross, her live-in boyfriend/baby-daddy Heath Marshalls (he who got Chelsey Lyndhurst pregnant with twins when they were both teens), and their two children Gigi (child) and Nick (toddler).

Christie spent a lot of her time raising Gigi on her own while Heath gained a university degree, and it wasn't long after he moved in with her that they were expecting their second child. Of course, what Christie doesn't know is that while she wants to get married to Heath, he has wants to keep up his carefree, woohooing ways. Heath's LTW is to woohoo with 20 sims, and with 13 he's over halfway there.

(I don't make it easy for him, though -- all woohoos with sims able to get pregnant the other sim is made selectable and if an accidental pregnancy occurs, well, he'll have to deal with the fallout.)

Christie just believes he's networking with fellow showbusiness people, and if Gigi's around she goes and plays on the playground when daddy's "entertaining" guests. Heath managed to squeeze in one more woohoo (up to 14) before Christie's three days off work.

Other than that, not much happened. Nick is now one rotation away from becoming a child, and despite woohooing a couple of times Christie isn't pregnant again (yet; I don't expect the two child environment to last long).

---

The second Marshalls house, almost rivalling the first for number of sims and chaotic-ness. Four adults, two children, and four toddlers. Sisters Meadow and Lilian head the household with their baby-daddies (well, mostly; Meadow's first child is not by her boyfriend) and their respective children.

Straight off, Meadow had the locked want to woohoo with 20 sims, and started the rotation at 10. She had somehow met Jason Wegner and called him over as her boyfriend headed out for work. However, Jason wasn't at all receptive -- townie Elias Hopkins, however, was. She'd woohooed with him before, so wouldn't count as another sim towards her want, but was easily accessible.

Of course, risky pregnancy kicked in again and Meadow got pregnant by someone who is not her boyfriend. Well, well, I think this is the first risky pregnancy I've had between a couple since adding in a pregnancy relations hack. Joseph certainly has enough logic to figure out the kid is not likely his, but there is a question as to whether 'going steady' is enough of a relationship flag for him to be angry about it.

Meadow failed her abortion roll, but succeeded in her adoption roll. Like her brother's kids before her, it looks like Elise (Meadow's mother) will be taking in another grandchild to raise. She's too old to pass this one off as theirs, and the baby has a good chance of looking nothing like Rosaline or her husband, so...we'll see.

Test Subject
#6908 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 5:21 PM
Today my Elsa Sim (Currently the sole resident of Emerald Isle*) Started her home business & decided on a flower shop now she's making friends with a friendly stray in the hopes of adopting him She's also on the prowl for a husband so that she can start a family. Only time will tell what else is in store for Elsa.

*other than townies/npcs
Scholar
#6909 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 7:50 PM
While Laura Straight could easily afford a rental house with all her scholarship money, she and Jules O'Mackey decided that they wanted to get the proper college experience and so moved into the Fiesta Hall Dorms. Jules moved into a larger room on the second floor, while Laura insisted a tiny cubical-like one next door was fine for her; she was enjoying getting used to being a creature of the day again, and she'd be spending most of her time in the common areas.

Jules got a Romance secondary aspiration to try to make her a better part of the Riverblossom love tangle, while Laura got a Family one to express her growing emotional maturity. She quickly invited Peter Ottomas over, and was soon flirting, hugging, and making out with him in one of the downstairs bathrooms. When she went to get lunch, Peter did...er...something very crass, and was caught at it by a coach, who apparently was trying to find and annoy Laura. This did not stop him from parading around the dorm naked for quite a while, to Laura's amusement, Jules' despair (who was this guy Laura had invited over, and what was she going to say if Dad heard about him?), and the very mixed reactions of the dormies. Laura was aroused enough by the sight of him that -- after deciding that an art major would be easier than a history one, and less likely to blow her pretence of having spent a very long time as a vampire -- she quickly wanted a double bed, which one of the roof rooms provided a convenient location for; once that was in place, she wanted to have WooHoo in it. She tracked down Peter, who had finally put his clothes back on, and he was all for having yet another adulterous fling with another blond (ex-)townie...but, to my combined disappointment and relief, Laura had to go to class and so got up as soon as she'd stripped off and laid down with him.

When she got home, Laura found Jules had written her entire term paper and was trying to decide between political philosophy and psychology; Laura advised her that the former would look better for someone with her political ambitions. Relieved at not having to make the decision for herself, Jules declared her major and threw a party to celebrate it. Among the guests were Gabe and Jacob, both of whom were seriously annoyed at Laura's attempted flirting with them -- all the same, it was a good party, despite Peter still hanging around, Gabe trying not to be a worrywart dad, and the cow mascot chasing Laura around to annoy her, mangling the school cheer, and setting off every sprinkler in the building...repeatedly. During the party, Jules called Tri-Fruhm and asked to be admitted, and despite all the distractions, got in easily. She tried to convince Laura to also ask to pledge, but Laura thought the whole thing was silly.

After a good night's sleep, the girls sat down to do some reading and discuss Jacob. Laura lobbied for Jules forgiving him for what -- for all she knew -- was just a one-off slip with a somewhat creepy old lady who wouldn't be around a lot longer anyway. She dropped some hints that Catherine had been rather uninterested in consent with at least one young man she'd taken to bed (as an ex-townie and ex-vampire, Laura of course knows at least a little of the events involving that poor bartender), and that being Catherine's toyboy very well might not be Jacob's choosing at all. Thus, having finished with her research, Jules called Jacob to ask if he'd go on a date with her to the now grave-free Wasteland Lounge. He agreed, and Laura insisted on tagging along to make sure her BFF didn't do anything stupid like bring up Catherine. She needn't have worried! After a little joking and a few drinks, she decided to double-date, and asked to borrow Jules' cell phone to ask Peter on a date; he accepted and came over quickly, and wanting to show him a college good time, they headed upstairs to puff on the bubble blower. This left Jules and Jacob down in the bar area...where they quickly decided to have WooHoo on the floor, despite the presence of the bartender. He wasn't the only witness for long, as some dormies and secret society members soon walked in, and soon Laura was wondering what the racket was downstairs. She came down in time to see the tail end of the WooHoo, Peter hot on her heels, and while he was impressed with naked Jules, Laura expressed great distaste for Jules' prowess...or was that ill-disguised jealousy? Whatever it was, Jules and Jacob seemed unabashed at having attracted an audience, and once finished with their fun, went off to comment on the rain and do some jamming on the musical instruments. Peter and Laura went back upstairs to classic dance in the rain (so cute!), while Jacob eventually said that the date wasn't all that great, really! After all that? After she shagged you again? Not that great? Jules deserves someone better... Jules then went off to class, while Jacob followed the smell of hot dogs up to where Laura was struggling to cook them in the rain on the roof...and was struck by lightning as he stepped off the top step, getting very frazzled and convincing him that she was dangerous.

It was a pretty successful time, all in all; while Laura was unable to get laid, she and Jules both did well socially and got good grades. Jules got a B+, while Laura got a B-, and they won't have to do much skilling to keep that up with the majors they've chosen. Jules wants to throw a toga party, which means she'll move to the sorority house next college rotation...at which time Laura will probably move into a house of her own, since she has no interest in Greek life.

~

At the Tri-Fruhm Sorority, Sam Thomas got a Knowledge secondary aspiration, and Ty Bubbler a Pleasure one. Sam was obsessed with DJ Verse and Bailey, Lilith Pleasant's cat! I actually considered inviting Lilith over and having her bring him, but it was easier to ask DJ on a date...

With Ty tagging along, they went to the student union to play chess and get Sam a logic point she needed, then headed for the Downtown waterfront pub favoured by students (rumour has it that they don't always check IDs...this being a side effect of the Monty family "owning" the owners is usually not transmitted along with the rumour). While there, Sam and DJ started getting very intense desires for each other, which led to them having WooHoo on a bench outside (luckily it was late, and only the matchmaker was watching) before eating, and then Sam wanting to get engaged to DJ during the meal. They did some pleasuring of each other for dessert in what they thought was a discreet corner, but it was in view of the poker-players, who included Ty! He was distraught by the behaviour of the company he kept, though the crowd seemed to find it funny and did not include Crumplebum or any authorities who could impose consequences. He insisted on going home, and Sam and DJ were all right with that...and once they got back to the sorority house, Sam dropped to one knee and proposed to DJ. She happily accepted, and from then on, she was at the house most of the time, enjoying the company of her betrothed while reliving her time at college. She did leave once, but on her return brought Castor Nova and Coral Oldie from her apartment complex. Castor was asked to clean, and did it surprisingly well, while DJ did Sam's assignments; Coral, however, on being asked to make dinner for everyone, served a pack of soda cans! DJ, Sam, Ty and Castor agreed that she was a bit stroppy for an old lady, and tried to shock her with a toga party to which Ty invited Jared Starchild and Ripp Grunt. The party was wild and riotous, involving Ty and Jared having WooHoo on the front porch (Sam found it funny, Coral very deliberately stayed around the back), streakers, and the police eventually shutting it down for too much noise! The toilet was broken by the end, and next day, the repairwoman showed up just as Sam was using it, claimed there was nothing to fix, and left, charging them anyway! Sam ended up having to fix it...

Coral must have liked Sam, however, as she called later and said her friend DJ had suggested they go on an outing. Sam wanted to see a ghost, so she agreed, and they headed to Small Watchers on Sam's instigation. The outing was composed of Coral, DJ, Herb Oldie (I guess they have come to terms with the friendly separation being just that!) Ajay Loner, Mary-Sue Pleasant, and Escalus Prince -- quite a shock for Sam, who didn't realize Coral was of that class of people. She had a hard time not letting slip that she knew the whereabouts of Lilith, and her recalcitrance made Herb say the outing could have been better... Jessie Pilferson showed up and threw tantrums, but didn't scare anybody, and so Sam was disappointed...although at least she didn't see the scorched ghost of Emily Lee, which she was afraid of.

While she got to be a senior, Ty was a bit neglected, and ended up on academic probation. Oh well, more time to get more members...
Field Researcher
#6910 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 8:06 PM
I have done the basic re-model of Don Lothario's home (And it turned out really well!). It's just got the basic items at the moment to keep it under 20k, but once he moves back in with his funds, that place is going to be hip!

In other news, my last game session in Pleasantview. Don Lothario is still engaged to Cassandra, but has gotten Nina pregnant. Gotta love ACR. Dina keeps trying to woohoo, but Nina keeps canceling out her actions with her own woohoo with the visitors (namely Don) - it's quite hilarious.

Mary-Sue and Daniel have gotten a divorce. Mary-Sue has kept the house, which needs to be made-over, and Daniel moved out to live with Kaylynn Langerak. I officially moved in Bella again and re-married her to Mortimer.

Once I finish re-making the playable houses, I may stop playing with them - who knows?
Mad Poster
#6911 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 1:41 AM
Turned out aging hadn't been turned back on at the Hawkins-LeStrange household (which is also Newson Prime, whew!). Nobody got sick and Gozii grew up well, with a Family aspiration - I couldn't see anything else for a child with 10 outgoing points who managed to make one single friend outside of her own family! The party did not raise the roof, because all the Hawkins-Newson cousins came, plus Frieda's friend Dave Ottomas - which meant the Dove-Guadalupe feud kicked into high gear and began to include Dave, too. Since Dave's best bud in the world is Dove's boyfriend, there may yet be more consequences for this. We shall see.

Across the street at the Gavin Newsons, it was Saturday, and Gavin's birthday! Random went out for awhile while the others were resting up for the big party, but there weren't any other teens out and about for some reason, except for Pearl Onions, who didn't want to hear about her mountain vacation. She ran into Nemo, though, and seemed to get along well with him. Gavin threw the party, which ultimately consisted of all his siblings, all their SOs, his favorite niece Guadalupe, his daughter Annie and her fiance Diff LeStrange, and Ernest and Sage Ann Munny. I was a bit nervous about what Gavin would grow up into, since I'd forgotten to have anyone buy elder clothes for him, but he got a suit so it was all right. This party was a roof-raiser, with people talking to Merlin's belly, Annie and Alma playing chess, Gavin getting to know Diff better, and general family chumminess all around. Afterward, Gavin and Naenae went down to the Convenient Stores, where they bought new clothes (Naenae ages up next rotation, as does Ginger) and slow-danced.

And all is well in Drama Acres once more. We last another rotation!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#6912 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 3:07 AM
After I finished the first semester of my rotation at SSU I decided to stick all of my playable sims in a fraternity to makes things more interesting. Its been a while since I've had one and they all sort of know each other so, why not?

Things definitely got interesting. Max and Genevi ended up having amazing chemistry with each other (even though I had originally planned for him to date Sarah Hart) and Emette and Rei had really good chemistry as well. So good in fact, that it later resulted in a pregnancy! Sarah, Emette's twin couldn't help but laugh at her brother's situation. Emette, Sarah and Max all graduated at the end of this rotation so they're on their way back home to Bluewater Village. Emette didn't leave before meeting his newborn babies. Yes, thats plural! Rei had twins (it runs in Emette's family) and named them Esther and Parker.

I'm having trouble deciding where the babies should go, for now they're at Rei's parents house. Even though they have the space, they're very old and tight on money. Emette and Sarah's house is a little tight with space but at least Emette would be there and have the help of his sister, mom and step dad. The more I think about it the more I lean towards Emette having them until Rei graduates college.

Rei is out of the greek house and is now at the Landgraab Society Dormitory, where only the smartest sims can stay as long as they keep their 4.0 GPA. Equipped with a full library, gym and dinning area. You also get your own room that includes your own bathroom. Genevi Davis is back at the Troak Dormitory, where she started SSU. Troak is for the less fortunate sims that can't afford much besides their tuition. If you're lucky you can find all the pieces to the chess game around the dorm. Genevi is sure going to miss the Greek house!
Inventor
#6913 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 3:54 AM Last edited by jodemilo : 13th Oct 2014 at 4:11 AM.
Too many families on rotation (around 30 plus lots of singles)... yawnnn!
Anyway today I played two families. Movied Matt Biondi and his buddy Marcus into a new duplex apartment. Marcus has a baby called Marky from a love interest - Mandi Blaze (the town strumpet I should mention). Matt also has a baby by Mandi called Marlon. Marlon will kick off the Biondi family line. Mandi was living with them during the pregnancies and births but then moved in with Tyrone Potente, who she also has the hots for. She brought baby Marlon with her. Tyrone was grateful for her moving in as he is in desperate need of sharing her friends in order to climb the career ladder as a web designer (and Mandi has loads of those). Tyrone has three sons from two different women - Ty, Tyler and Tig (yes, I ran out of name ideas!), so his life is pretty hectic. He is Afro-Caribbean and the mothers of his kids are caucasian- the kids have some attractive mixed race genes going on.

Anyway... when Matt and Mark moved into their new duplex, Matt decided he wanted his his baby son to come back to live with him so he could raise him, as he suspects Mandi doesn't really have staying power based on her past reputation. So he invited Mandi over and asked her to move in, just so she could bring Marlon with her. Tyrone is slightly heartbroken that Mandi left so soon after moving in, and he's back to calling up anyone he can to make friends for that promotion.

Tyrone is also very low on money and his salary barely covers his rent. So I was thinking of getting his exes to send child support money as they are pretty settled and comfortable in their own careers. But then suddenly the gypsy lady comes and delivers the genie lamp and he manages to wish for money as well as peace of mind for himself and his eldest son. So he's not doing too badly now.

Here's Tyrone and his three sons by two different mums. They all have his eyes.
Alchemist
#6914 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 12:49 PM
Nicki Monero = Nicky Romero? Famous DJ

Anywho, my graphic card just got an upgrade from nvidia's site and everything looks so much better! I just can't stop looking around at stuff and admire the new looks of it, especially fridges, they shine so much better now!
Scholar
#6915 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 6:44 PM
Rowan Marshalls loves being on his own. The fifth of ten children, he'd always longed to get out of the country and into the City to pursue his dreams. He wants to be a Media Magnate, wants to have his choice of woohooable women, wants to live a nice carefree lifestyle without the need to look after multiple younger siblings. He's already managed to woohoo six women, but does have a girlfriend on the side just in case his mother gets on his case about 'finding someone nice'.

However, if he's reading the signs right? His girlfriend wants to get married to him. He doesn't not want to get married, but he's not keen on the idea. He wants to be free for at least a little bit longer, test out the waters in case he might want to settle down with Robyn. At the very least, he wants to woohoo with ten sims.

Which he accomplished by the end of the rotation, not least because he had a couple of free days and was able to spend time looking around for single women he liked the look of. So far, his romancing ways have yet to return to haunt him, but the big question as to whether Robyn wants to get married is still hanging over his head.

---

Emmanual Mann is another relaxed household, with only one sim in. He's in love with fellow playable Daniella Vanderpol, but uncertain on where their future stands as she's able to go to university, while he's left with the funds he was given when he turned eighteen, hoping to be able to earn $100,000 of his own money through hard work. Currently he's in the Criminal career, doing small-time work for small change. It's not the best job he could have, but then his only other choice is Gamer. He's going to have to really work hard for that $100k, or find some other way of getting it.

About the only interesting thing that happened was Emmanual growing up into an adult and being promoted up the career ladder to Con Artist (criminal level 4).

---

The last main household in the rotation was a new one, with Harmony Lynhurst moving into her own place. With $15k (mostly from parents) she managed to move into a two and a half bedroom apartment, though was about two grand short of being able to rent it fully furnished. Still, it was all hers and it was more than a little strange to be striking it out on her own when her twin was talking about getting her Master's degree and preparing to move back to the family home.

Harmony was instead asking her girlfriend to move in and looking at the apartment she now owned. Harmony managed to jump straight into a career in Culinary, starting off as a Dish Washer (level 1) -- can't all be picky, especially as she found her wanted career straight away. Wanda, Harmony's girlfriend, wasn't so lucky. No Show Business jobs, no other jobs she could have gone into. Still, with over $14k in the bank (from Wanda moving in), they're set for money for the near future.

Wanda did find a job as an Ambassador's Intern (Adventure level 1) on Wednesday, giving them a little more income and also giving Wanda something to do. While not one of her idea careers, it was something she was curious about and decided to give it a go. The worst that could happen was that she hated it and wanted to quit.

Aside from that, Harmony and Wanda were all lovey-dovey, with a couple of career promotions and Harmony getting fat and then rolling the want to buy an exercise machine to get fit.

By the end of the rotation, Wanda was a Spelunker (Adventure level 2) and Harmony had gotten promoted to Fast Food Shift Manager (Culinary level 3).

---

The first of the University households was up next, the Wegner household (with guest appearance Melody Lynhurst). Also, I apparently got my calculations wrong -- Jason and Riley are one year ahead of Melody, not the other way around. Thus, Riley is on schedule to complete his Master's this rotation, and Melody her Master's next rotation.

Riley may however throw a bit of a spanner in the works as the lot loaded up with him wanting a baby now. Autonomous try for baby is disabled (as they're married) but the risky chance is still there.

Melody, having just graduated, wants every job now but I've had to turn her attention to her studies first. They're not in dire need for jobs with arund $35k in the bank between them, but try telling that to a Popularity/Fortune sim.

Jason, meanwhile, found a job in the Music career towards the end of the previous rotation, so he's tagging along for the reduced rent and ability to test out some new music on his guitar.

Oh, and I see Melody running to the bathroom at 4AM with what looks suspiciously like a baby bump...congratulations, Melody, you're pregnant again and I didn't even know! At least there's room to squeeze one (one!) crib in to the university accommodation.

Thankfully, one baby is all they had -- a second boy, Luke Lyndhurst. Almost identical genes to his older brother (same skintone, same hair colour, but different shades of blue eyes). I'd better get used to a generation of blond haired, blue eyed babies as that's all I'll ever get from Melody and Riley. All of their respective parents have blue eyes, and I have a mod in which makes red hair recessive to blond (so red hair only appears if both parents have a red hair gene). Jason's kids will all have black hair and blue eyes, and sister April's kids will all have brown hair (though I might get lucky and have a mix of green and blue eyes as opposed to just one or the other).

Jason managed to get promoted up to Summer Camp Music Teacher (music level 4) and baby Luke is one more rotation away from becoming a toddler, coinciding nicely with Melody getting her Master's degree.

---

And the last house of the full rotation is Chelsey Lyndhurst in the sorority. I admit, she's mostly coasting along on her father's money, not having any lofty career goals -- indeed, her LTW is just to have 20 best friends, of which she started her Sophmore year with twelve. She is, however, a high motivation sim and is able to get through things like her term papers with ease.

Without her sisters or any real guidance, Chelsey cut loose a little. Played the dating field, woohooed with a few people, testing out the waters. She's got a few romance options, but none are what she seems to be seeking -- if at all. Still, she's only in her second year and has lots of time yet before she needs to think about whether she wants a family.

Chelsey finished her second year with an A- grade and a GPA of 3.3, and that's the end of this rotation. Back to the start with the first Marshalls household.
Instructor
#6916 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 7:02 PM
Caitlin Broke's having a baby shower in her second trimester and expecting twins. Little did I know, though, that her mother Angela is also expecting.

They even have matching maternity wear!
Screenshots
Inventor
#6917 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 8:01 PM Last edited by jodemilo : 15th Oct 2014 at 12:17 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
Nicki Monero = Nicky Romero? Famous DJ

Not intended, I never heard of Nicky Romero. I do have a student character called Antonio Romero though. For some reason when I first created families all the surnames sounded Italian (I'm English). Now I have a few "Smith's" and "Jones" in the hood.

Today i played Nicki Monero's household. She is married to the loyal and hapless Jason Monero who doesn't realise she has men round when he's at work. hehe. Her two eldest children are at university but she has a child son by another man, plus two twin boys who live with their father Tyrone. The Moneros recently have taken in her grand-daughter - Nicki's daughter Natalia was a naughty girl at college and got pregnant.
I then played the Cruzo household - Bobby, his wife Cher and their kids Cherry and Blue. They're a slightly boring family so I aged up their kids quicker! Cherry was a plain child but now she's a teen I made her over a bit and she looks quite pretty.

Then I played Lolly Wild's household - she lives with a boyfriend with whom she has twin toddler sons who always seem to look evil. I'm thinking of having them be the "Krays" of the neighborhood - bad boy gangster types. Lolly is a bit bored and unfulfilled with her life now she has become a mother. She runs a nightclub and is itching to get back to that but the twins are a tie at the moment. She's a good mum but her heart's elsewhere.

Top Secret Researcher
#6918 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 12:24 AM Last edited by Gcgb53191 : 14th Oct 2014 at 11:03 PM.
Once I finished both school rotations (college and grade school) I just haaaad to play the Harris household which is where Emette is currently staying. I transformed the big play room and gave it to Emette's because its big enough to fit the twin's baby furniture in there. Sarah got the tiny spare room that was just used as a study.

Emette and Sarah's half siblings just turned into children so I'm hoping their relationship with one another can improve now that they can interact better.

Jamie has finally joined his wife as Vice President via promotion. Unfortunately that's the highest they can actively get unless they get promoted by a chance card. Casey and Hannah are really close with one another which is rare for my sims; I usually have to work on getting their relationship high enough. Sarah quit her job as a fast food worker and got a job as a canvas stretcher. She's having a bit of trouble adjusting to her new early hours.

Emette is still working as an intern. He has successfully taught the twins how to walk so far. His mom helps out once in a while but for the most part he is being a great 'single' dad. Unfortunately for the twins I don't think their parents will end up together. Although Reiko (Rei for short-er ) can't see herself with anyone else but Emette, (She even gave them his last name) he has a very strong three bolts for Sephora Reeves. Only time can tell whether Emette will step up and be a husband to Rei and their little family or if he'll end up wanting to be with Sephora. :lovestruc

He is already starting to look for places to move into, he can't live at his mother's forever.

-------------------

I jumped from house to house trying to get my sim days in order. I played Ethan for one sim day before wanting to move him in with his fiance Malory. Once I got to Malory's lot to play them for one day I saw that I also had to go to another lot so Kate could move out of the household in order to make room for Ethan. Then when I got to Marcus' lot, I realized I still had to play two days from the last rotation.

Marcus is just like his father when it comes to romance. He was two timing Kate and Sarah for a while because I couldn't decide who was better for him. I took him on a date with each and saw that he seemed to be more into Kate than into Sarah. They also have a lot more in common so he ended it with Sarah. Kate moved in not too long afterwards.

At the 'Renters' household Ethan finally moved in with his fiance. Ethan and Malory took over Kate's old bedroom now that she's gone. No more sleeping in the living room for Malory! She has a tiny area in the living room that was 'hers.' Her brother Maddox and his wife are finally going to start looking for a home so they can start their own family soon. Unlike Ian and Alissa, they don't think its appropriate to 'settle' down in a such busy-party-crazy house. Ian and Alissa will soon be expecting a baby together and I pray to the sim god that its only one baby, I've been getting triplets and twins lately. Alissa has a great job as vice president and has a nice chunk of change in the bank so its always possible they'd get their own place too but for now unless they have triplets they'll stay there.
Scholar
#6919 Old 16th Oct 2014 at 2:47 AM
At the Oresha-Hoh-Var Fraternity, Ripp and Daniel enjoyed each other, and their status. Ripp got a Fortune secondary, while Guy stayed pure Popularity; then they threw the first of three parties. The first, a sports party, involved Desdemona Capp very nearly catching Ripp and Daniel having WooHoo again... The other two were toga parties, to which Daniel insisted on inviting the waddling Ophelia Nigmos Smith. She liked them and indulged in the bubble blower, but she also brought Jill and Guy, the latter of whom wanted to show the former his old house... Ripp couldn't resist the chance to cause a little mischief for Johnny's family, and offered Jill and Guy some drinks he'd made especially for them...well, that's what I'm saying. I know it was a side effect of those BAS mods that Jill got her first kiss making out on the porch with her family's (gay, and I don't think you'll be able to change that, Jill) boarder, in front of her sister-in-law and Daniel...I was irritated, but I did know that could happen because of crushes with the bouquet and their gender preference wouldn't let it go further, so I wasn't going to ditch the party just for that. Spiked drinks work admirably for what they'll be groggily remembering with awkwardness in the morning as they plead with Ophelia to keep quiet about it...she was complicit in Jill going to a frat party, so she's not likely to tattle.

At the other party, the sorority came over, along with Jared Starchild and Buck Grunt; Sam tried to get a study group going, but Jared and Ty, Ripp and Daniel were already pairing up and heading upstairs. Needless to say, it was a great party, although Buck and Sam spent most of it watching a movie with a cow mascot while the guys frolicked upstairs. Ripp was disappointed that Ty would do no more with him than watch him and Daniel, though, preferring to stay paired up with Jared...

Oh yes, and Ripp did some work on a trashy novel and now wants to write a bestseller. I don't think that will happen, though at least it got him the skills to graduate...which leaves both frat boys in their grace period with no YA friends to keep the place going and fill their want to get pledges. However, Daniel has a load of adult townie friends, including Goopy GilsCarbo, and I am sorely tempted to fudge a few of their ages from adult to young adult in the storyline, briefly move them in with an easy one-Sim household (next in the rotation will be Gabe O'Mackey, who's extra-suitable since he's a teacher) age them down to teen, and pop them off to college to be frat recruits; it was suggested as the safest way to do that in Stupid/Random Questions, and I like it. After all, Daniel is solid playable now, and it'd be annoying for him to have so many townie BFFs as time goes on...and once I thought of Goopy as a frat boy, I realized he'd be a great one!

~

At the Summerdream house, Romeo showing up on the doorstep was greeted with confusion from the staff, exasperated resignation from Puck, and something close to panic from Bottom, who was still thinking about her dream. Adding to her distress was the disturbing realization that Matthew Hart, the awkward groundskeeper, was (thanks to that bouquet mentioned above) sexually harassing her. Yes, my reaction was just as squicked out as yours probably is when I saw him try to corner her on the stairs and her flip him off and stalk away (good girl, Bottom!). I do have the settings high enough to prevent anything too serious from happening, and its other features are worth it, though she did lose her chance at a perfect first kiss from his forcing a kiss on her in the garden after she got home from school. As I see it, mods like these (including ACR and InTeen too) don't make a Sim have a personality they wouldn't...they just enable certain elements that could never be shown so disturbingly without them, and those elements often do make good stories.

While Bottom was still at school, Moth and Mustard-Seed grew up to adults; Moth now resembles a small beagle, while Mustard-Seed is a fluffy red-black cat who became Sarah Love's consolation in her misery about the miscarriage, Matthew's cheating (not that she knew about Bottom, or she'd have really been angry), Monica not appearing likely to be out of the asylum for a long time, and her own guilt about cheating, even if it was for a good cause. Being housekeeper in this crazy rambling house was no fun, with the dirty dishes and constantly breaking appliances, Cobweb Mab always underfoot, Puck being more useless when he tried to help than otherwise... Due to the pressure, she got a Pleasure secondary aspiration, while Matthew and Puck, worried about the financial situation, got Fortune. Romeo, his head too big after even a failed attempt at a college education, got Knowledge, while Bottom stayed pure Knowledge.

Unfortunately for Bottom, all the stress was ruining her grades at school, and after being snogged by Matthew, she retreated to Puck's room to cry. Sarah tried to comfort her, but Bottom didn't dare tell her what was going on with Matthew -- she didn't know that he'd already gotten a slap from Sarah after she caught him pleasuring himself while leering at her butt as she cleaned plates off the floor. Sarah eventually left to go put Cobweb on her potty, and was still at her housekeeper tasks that evening, when she discovered Romeo taking advantage of Puck being at work: he was attempting to instigate an orgy in the downstairs hall by breaking his marriage vows with that blond townie from the hotel -- Sandy Bruty, if you're wondering -- while being watched by Matthew and Bottom. Sarah was aghast at what was going on on the other side of the double stairs she was descending, but since Bottom looked pleased as she called out that it was educational, and she didn't want to upset the girl more, she directed her ire at Baron, Leader of the Pack -- the glowing-eyed wolf didn't know why he was being yelled at to get out of the house, since he wasn't even tearing anything up.

Speaking of wolves...Bottom met Beau Broke at the police station, and Baron may have come around to inform her of his becoming a werewolf. She did a lot of wanting to be a werewolf herself, as well as wanting to see Beau howl and fearing him losing his wolfishness before she could see him in his night-form. Since none of that was going to happen for a while, she annoyed Sarah by making furniture levitate, then jumped at Romeo's invitation to come to the Sycamore Grove with him and Sandy. She met and played Marco Polo with one of Count Christopher's vampire shop-clerks there, but wasn't interested in anything vampire-related... She and Romeo have admitted a grudging friendship with each other, since both have subversive ideas of fun, though he's afraid of her (her vanishing a chair he was sitting on at the Grove may not have helped!) and she's not interested in him as more than an interesting distraction she hopes will be less destructive than the last houseguest. (Acording to ACR, her attractions are shifting rapidly between Hal Capp, Benedick Monty, and Antonio Monty, all of whom were at Titania's funeral. ) They needed groceries, so in the early morning, she nagged Romeo and Sandy into going Downtown to Fresh Rush Grocery, which was the only place open at that hour. I've made it over as a sort of discount mini-mart that also sells cheap clothes, pet collars, and jewellery, so as well as groceries, she bought some new clothes with the extra money Romeo had brought with him. When she emerged from the restroom after changing into her new dress (it involves ruffles, a wrap skirt, and polka dots, and yes, it's largely black...and totally awesome) her hair was no longer in the tight, short coils of childhood. Romeo was astonished by her mass of dreadlocks framing her face and showing off her ears; he thought it was a wig, though Sandy said it looked real to her... Bottom smiled, batted her made-up eyelids, and pursed painted lips. That kiss from a servant had been yucky, but she was glad she hadn't reported him to Puck as she'd threatened. She felt like it had awoken something in her...and her command of her hair made her feel she had so much more wildness inside, ready to be unleashed.

(Bottom is dangerous. Her LTW is Criminal Mastermind, as I think I've said before, and she's focused on controlling the power now split between Montys and Capps. While both she and Puck have power, she's the one without any of the restraint their parents used to hide in plain sight for so long.... I've already got wings for her, though the time's not right for them to be shown yet; wings may look great on a dramatic occasion, but they're way too awkward for normal gameplay!)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6920 Old 16th Oct 2014 at 4:34 AM
The Ralf's had a lively winter running the Bannered Mare, the classiest tackiest watering hole in town.

The Foreman peasant family battled through the winter, trying not to freeze as they sold thier hard grown produce. They at least had enough food and paid the bills even if buying their toddler a new bed or clothes wasn't happening.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#6921 Old 16th Oct 2014 at 5:17 AM
Julien Cooke has lived a hard life up until he moved into a small home out in the middle of nowhere. People passed through the area every now and again, but nobody lived within 20 miles of him. Needless to say his commute to work in the morning was a pain, but still he tried so hard to make his name known in the greatest of culinary circles. However, it simply was not meant to be as he was quickly fired from his job due to. in his belief, that is simply was not meant to be.

Instead, he set his mind to making friends and trying to use his mind and his skill for combining ingredients to make something wonderful into science. Soon he was climbing his way up the career ladder and had money to spare. So, deciding that since people did pass through here, and it was such a long way to any town or even home, Julien opened up a small grocery store where people could purchase snacks and food for their trip to wherever it was they were going.

As Julien reached the top of his career, and invented some wonderful things in his lab, he decided one night that he was tired of living alone in this desolate place. He had friends, yes, but they left every night and he was left alone. And so, he decided that he no longer was going to focus on a lot of friends, but further his pursuit of Knowledge as well as settle down and start a family of his own. He dated a couple girls, and for a while he was torn between two girls that he got along with very well. In the end, though, he knew that Mellissa Fancey was the one for him. He asked her to go steady with him and, after she agreed, she moved in with him. A couple nights later, Julien proposed and Melissa (after using one of Julien's inventions to change her aspiration from Romance to Family) agreed and the couple was quickly married.

The newlyweds were quickly pregnant and was more than excited over their awaited child. However, late into Mellissa's second trimester, she lost the baby. The couple decided to try again, as Julien was getting older and soon Melissa was pregnant once again. After a very hard pregnancy that left Melissa bedridden almost the entire time, a son was born on Julien's elder birthday. They named the child Aiden, and he has his father's black hair and mother's grey eyes. Julien is just sad that he will probably not live to see his son grow up and be on his own. But then again, Julien does have a knack for inventing....

The moon so bright shows me the way
Deep in the graveyard beside her I lay
Knowing she'll keep me safe from all harms
Though six feet apart, I lay in her arms...
Field Researcher
#6922 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 3:20 AM
I just remade the Curious house, 2 Cover Up Road. I've been avoiding it because... yeah, I didn't know what to do with it. At one point, I had an amazing house re-model downloaded from somewhere. I probably actually prefer it over mine, but mine turned out really well. I wasn't sure where I was going to go with it when I first started it. I didn't like the multi-leveled tackiness around it, leading up to the telescope. I bulldozed everything and started over. But I wanted to keep the lot's uniqueness, so in the end I ended up re-building the columns and added a landing and building that up. It is similar to the Maxis idea, but nicer-looking, at least for me. Because it's a pain to get to the top (I kept Maxis winding-stairs idea), I also added another telescope farther down, but to get abducted, the brothers are going to have to climb to get to the good telescope. It looks really good and I furnished it to hit right under their budget. I hadn't even checked it, and was so lucky. The house with furnishings comes to 102,401. Their funds were 102,510. That was a close one. 20,000 of that is probably on lights alone I went crazy with it, but I think it's got character.

I tried some new unique ideas with this house as well. On the outside, accent colors are purple and red, which normally would clash, but I think worked really well. The interior could use some work, but I always try to leave room for improvement so the family has something to work towards.

I've been building so much in the game. It's funny to me because I used to HATE building. Now I really, really love it.

I need to test the house and my next gaming session will be playing the Curious family, so that will be exciting. Hopefully the amount of lights is okay, and I have to check one of the walkways.
Inventor
#6923 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 6:54 AM Last edited by jodemilo : 18th Oct 2014 at 7:14 AM.
Lolly Wild has gone a bit.. errrm.. "wild". Fed up with her humdrum lifestyle as mother to twin toddler potentially evil twins, Joe and Lev, with her current "squeeze" JJ Alista, she decided it was time to kick him out of the house. After all, their chemistry was only 2 bolts of lightning and she had 3 bolts with about 20 other sims, so why should she settle for anything less??, she reasoned with her somewhat bimbotic brain! However, JJ got the hint and searched on the computer for a new place to live. The taxi arrived to escort him and the two boys to their new home, leaving Lolly to get back to her frenetic bachelorette lifestyle. But there was a small hiccup... the taxi driver kept beeping his horn but JJ and the toddlers wouldn't budge. So Lolly insisted JJ try again. The second time, he managed to get in the cab, and so did one of their sons, Lev, but little Joe was being very clingy toward his mother and wouldn't budge. "Oh well", sighed Lolly, as she realised Joe would have to stay with her, and actually she quite like the company of just the one child.

The following day, who should turn up on the doorstep but her mother's live-in boyfriend - Sean - who had always liked Lolly (they had previously a private affair - very scandalous it would have been if anyone had found out!). But now Sean was here, looking hot as sticky toffee pudding! So Lolly dived straight in.... the result?? an unplanned pregnancy. Lolly couldn't be bothered to sit through this for three whole days, so used the handy Simblender to speed up her pregnancy, and soon she was popping out another son - who she named Leon. Leon was a cute babe with her crystal light blue eyes and Sean's caramel skin.

But now she was on a roll... the next day she phoned up the guy she was supposed to be engaged to - Desi Demilo - and invited him over. She often wanted to have a child with the handsome Desi (and so did I), and of course they wasted no time in getting down to business. Now Lolly is pregnant with Desi's child. Will she step out of her madness to see she's just becoming a breeding machine? Or will she just become like the old woman who lived in the shoe who had so many children she didn't know what to do??
Scholar
#6924 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 4:08 PM
The start of a new rotation is always marked in chaos, mainly because the first Marshalls household is right at the top. Family starters Elise and Kevin had ten children between them, and three (plus two grandchildren they're raising as their own) have yet to get to an age where they can move out on their own. Third-born Rosaline headed off to university and moved back in with a boyfriend in tow -- she's more interested in her dancing career than the family business, but with her parents not yet elders and her boyfriend having a LTW of making $100k she doesn't need to worry too much.

Rosaline is so far the only sim I've allowed unmarried try for baby on ACR's settings. She's settled in her family home, with a steady job and a steady boyfriend -- she has no money concerns, no need to move to a bigger house to accommodate any children. She does currently want to get married, but probably more for the stability than anything else.

For her siblings Violet, and Eden, romance is the only thing on their minds at the moment. Being spring, and them being Romance and Family (respectively), they want partners now. Eden had a nice sim in her relationship panel, light-skinned, red-haired and grey/green-eyed Rudy Jackson. Violet found a dark-skinned, blond-haired, blue-eyed teen girl called Agnes and Clover (who had no romance wants but I still wanted to send someone her way) ended up with also a dark-skinned, blond-haired, blue-eyed sim, a boy called Christian. Violet and Clover ended up socialising with their potential partners, while Eden tried to flirt her way towards getting Rudy to be her boyfriend. Sadly, it wasn't to be -- that day, anyway.

Also unfortunately, Agnes and Christian weren't getting along at all and were asked to leave. Well, they probably won't be added to the family any time soon.

Rosaline and Ryan attempted to try for another baby; with a toddler and a baby, as well as a negative aspiration adjustment, Rosaline getting her third wanted child might take some time. Rosaline and Ryan needed to roll under 25, but this time they rolled a 78, far too high.

Rosaline and Ryan did get married on the Saturday of the rotation -- a day before the end of week family get-together. I had initially thought of doing the wedding on the Sunday, but nixed the idea as the house would be too crowded with everyone around for a family get-together.

Rosaline and Ryan did try for another baby on the Sunday before the party -- they again rolled over the TFB roll, but ended up pregnant via risky woohoo anyway. End of the rotation and just as the party was winding down, baby Alec became a toddler. He ended up being a low motivation sim whose facial features don't quite mesh up well yet (nose is a little too high for his mouth, which seems to be a common trait in a number of sims at toddler age).

Andrew, Caitlynn, and Alec's sister Cassandra are all due to grow up next rotation which should be fun. I'm curious to see what aspirations Andrew and Caitlynn will roll, and how they get on. Will they finally find out that their mum and dad aren't their bio-parents?

---

The Storm household is a fun one to play. Started by an average motivation sim, Julianne, who nevertheless ended up becoming the Mayor of Cresdale, she married an older sim, Wilbur, who was high motivation (and worked his way up to Media Magnate), and ended up having four children. Three girls, and one boy. I'll have to tweak genetics when I remake them as I started this family off before I added a mod which makes red hair recessive to blond -- either Julianne gets a recessive red gene, or all the kids become blond (save for Cecilia who's already blond).

The Storm household has some reasonable connections with the other high-earning households. Third-born Stella's boyfriend is Tony Stultz (practically their next door neighbour), and through Tony's twin sister the Storms are linked to the Wegners. Through the Wegners the Storms are linked to the Lyndhursts, making the top four families all interlinked (and meaning I have to be careful to keep a good balance between growth and ensuring they don't all end up in one messy tangled family tree).

With two of the teens (Cecilia and Evonne) wanting romance, all four of them took a trip around the community lots of Cresdale to see if they'd bump into any one they were interested in. Cecilia met someone she had one bolt with on the first lot, but Evonne (and Duncan, as he was there) either gave shrugs or were interested in off-limits sims. The second lot, Cecilia bumped into a two-bolt sim, Evonne gave me another shrug, and Duncan once again chose an off-limits sim. So, with Cecilia chatting up a potential spouse I left everyone else on free will until they needed to head back home.

(Cecilia's two-bolt sim was an adult, but with her heading to university at the end of the rotation the age gap wasn't too major. Plus, it's not like TS3 where the whole 'hood can age with you.)

On the Sunday, I invited over the entirety of the Stultz, Lyndhurst, and Wegner families for a get-together. About the only one that didn't participate was Stella, and that's because she had a want to get her Charisma skill up. April Wegner left early -- no surprise, I saw her dashing for the bathroom earlier due to morning sickness.

At the end of the rotation, after the party, Cecilia called in to move to university. She moved in with $15k in her bank account and 3 scholarships totalling $2,500 -- top of teen career, high logic, and good grades. A couple of good exam results and she'll be able to pay for her bachelor's degree with no problem.
Field Researcher
#6925 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 5:36 PM
Okay, I tested my new house with the Curious family. There were no issues with it, and the Curious family was fun to play. I played right until Pascal's little alien baby aged into a child. He got all toddler skills. Vidcund and Lazlo are both aiming for the top of the career track, while Pascal is more focused on teaching his son.

I was playing them (Pascal was giving little Ciel a bath) and my mom came in and said, "What's he doing?" she asked. "Giving him a bath?"
"Yup."
"Is something wrong with him? Is it sick?"
"Oh, no, he's just got green skin. It's an adopted alien baby."
"Adopted alien baby?"
"Yeah..." Yes, mom, I know it sounds weird. I chose to use the word adopted when describing it to her just to make it sound a bit more normal to her.

I then proceeded to tell her all about alien babies and Strangetown. "And then they go ALL the way up here to the telescope and this is how they visit aliens. The Curious family is obsessed with aliens." She thought I was making it all up and pulling her leg! If I had mentioned male pregnancy, she would've thought I definitely was!
She didn't get to see a close-up of the alien baby so when she walked past a second time, I zoomed up to little toddler Ciel. I have a replacement for the eyes to make them whitish-pink, by the way.

"See? Alien baby."

Mom was horrified, probably scarred, and probably had nightmares last night, upon seeing the giant bug-ish eyes and general alien genetics.
But little Ciel grew up to be a traditional little alien child, and is pretty adorable.
Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: Post in v2 :)
Page 277 of 363