Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 11:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Momthing
This person says he's never paid another dime for a Sims game since TS1.

Which leads me to believe that this person has probably "acquired" his games in a manner which many consider illegal.

In this case, then...the OP is probably running his/her "acquired" version of the game. And if that is so, Oh Wise OP....you have no standing in this matter, since it is not *your* almighty dollar/pound/yen/euro which is supporting EA, now is it?

I have bought every EP & SP for The Sims 2, and am fixing to give half of them away to a person who can't afford to buy the EP's. I will probably still be getting *some* mileage out of TS2 eventually...that's the beauty of owning the games.

And I may end up uninstalling the Sims 3 eventually as well...but frankly, there is no truth in your statements at all...it's mostly opinion.

And you can't even claim buyer's remorse at that. Hypocrite.

Totally agree
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 11:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ArabellaDTerroroftheSeas
So you have never played anything but The Sims and you come on here, a forum specifically dedicated to talking about The Sims 3, to bash Sims 3? You specifically made a username for this and have only posted in this thread and made extremely negative remarks, even in your so-called "positives."

Mhm.
I'm thinking fail troll is fail.

That was great :]

Just call me Sam :]
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 12:02 AM
1. no colleges, ….. I even deleted school who needs a college
no seasons…… You should see the weather in Sims3 The wind makes it so beautiful , The sunset everything is pretty

2. Speed of game …only when there sleeping… My families are big always someone awake even at night; the valley is pretty and creepy to visit .

3. Driveway??? My sims have bikes or go jogging, so great to see.

4. 80% of the items are the exact same from Sims 2 ?? Who cares TS 2 was (is) a great game

5. Surprisingly I love the way sims in TS3 looks

6. birth, work, death My sims live of the land no school almost no work ( fishing gardening gathering) My game is never boring.

7. Did I tell you I LOVE THIS GAME !!!!
I’ m going to make EA rich cause I’m gonne buy all the expansions they’re making
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 12:14 AM
Pff. This is the first Sims game where I actually will be running out to the store to buy each expansion. I can't wait for it, bring it on EA.

Also, if all you've ever played is The Sims 1, then where the hell is your opinion coming from?
Scholar
#30 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 12:16 AM
I'm a naysayer on the game, but come on. It's 2009. People don't like the National Enquirer-esque subject lines anymore. THE SHOCKING TRUTH...is that some people don't like. It didn't need another thread.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 12:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sammxo2010
Just my humble opinion, but it's a base game. I would have never, ever expected EA to put all of those features into the base game. Just from what I've played (not really a whole lot of playtime yet, I need to get my own copy still ) it's a pretty decent start. I would have much rather paid the reasonable $50-$75 for the base game and gotten it now, than wait for probably another year to get all 8 TS2 EP's in a surely memory-devouring volume that would be an explosion to my wallet.

Exactly...
I miss a lot of the features from sims 2 with all the eps and cc, but this IS a base game. I wish there was a little more to play with when you decorate a house and some parts feel kinda empty, but yeah. All that will get better.

And I like how this guy/girl/it made a new name just to talk about sims3. LOL.
Inventor
#32 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 1:43 AM
You want the truth? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

Ahem yeah...

Don't like it? don't play it.. now go Troll someplace else, WoW forums are always a good victim...

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Test Subject
#33 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 1:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KyleTheArtist
1.Since when any base sims 2 game had any pets, college, downtown and such? it all came with eps.

Silly duck, there was only one base game for Sims 2. The bolded part of the quote implies there were more.

I wish they did include all of those in the base game. That way, IMHO the EP's for this game would be original. They should have included the seasons in the base game at least. I don't want my Sim planet to shift it's axis all of a sudden.

But meh...We don't get everything we wish for.

I bought the CE for the USB Drive and haven't played yet. My mom won't let me but the way I hear things it sounds great. I'm tempted to start downloading the mods I want and creating folders to store them in whenever I get to download the game. When I do I'll come back.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#34 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 2:21 AM
Truth is subjective. Truth is elusive. This is, perhaps, YOUR truth, but it is not, in fact, every persons truth. While you may have opinions on your truth, not all of us share those same opinions, nor care what your truths may be. This, then, is the way of life, and the way of the Sims, and now I shall become as a ninja.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#35 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 3:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mimipunk
I wish they did include all of those in the base game. That way, IMHO the EP's for this game would be original. They should have included the seasons in the base game at least. I don't want my Sim planet to shift it's axis all of a sudden.

What other major game franchise gets away with axing a massive amount of already-established features and content for a brand new full-price game release and then forcing customers to buy back those same features for hundreds of dollars over a 4-5 year period? The Sims 1 expansion packs were understandable. The Sims 2 was already stretching it, although the game was revolutionary enough in its own right to somewhat justify the practice. Now its gone too far.

New game releases are supposed to truly advance the series forward, not add a little while taking away a lot. The developers should strive to make the best and most complete game possible for their customers, not try to figure out how to include the absolute least amount of features and content possible to still be able to push the product off the shelves.

In the case of The Sims 3, EA made it painfully obvious this time that they deliberately crippled the game with the plan of releasing the same old tired lineup of overpriced expansion packs (and now selling crap on the Store as well). Expansion packs should be for innovation, not for restoring us back to square one.

Would EA get away with releasing a SimCity 5 that was only a graphically-updated version of SimCity Classic, making people wait years to buy a subway expansion pack, a landfill expansion pack, an ordinance expansion pack? (Actually, don't want to give them any ideas considering they already butchered that classic Maxis franchise as well recently...)

And I have been a loyal simmer who up until now has forked over hard-earned money to EA for each and every Sim game and expansion pack right through the gimmicky $70 TS3 Collector's Edition rip-off.
Field Researcher
#36 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 3:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sims3isajoke
Thats why i'm glad I didn't purchase it!

OMFG!!! You mean you didn't even PURCHASE the f***ing game and yet you're bitching about it telling people you know all these facts and insulting those of us who DO enjoy the game?! HOLY SHIT! That says A LOT about your character AND maturity!

EDIT: OBVIOUSLY we DO have "common sense". We (most of us, at least) GAVE the franchise a bigger chance than just playing THE SIMS 1 and saying EVERYTHING after that SUCKS. Oh GOD I'd better stop before I REALLY get pissed
Mad Poster
#37 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 3:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mimipunk
Silly duck, there was only one base game for Sims 2. The bolded part of the quote implies there were more.

But meh...We don't get everything we wish for.

I bought the CE for the USB Drive and haven't played yet. My mom won't let me but the way I hear things it sounds great. I'm tempted to start downloading the mods I want and creating folders to store them in whenever I get to download the game. When I do I'll come back.

Yay, I am a duck Quak...

To the subject. I was thinking of sims 2 as I was typing this. I meant to say any sims base game.
Field Researcher
#38 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 3:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Epsim
What other major game franchise gets away with axing a massive amount of already-established features and content for a brand new full-price game release and then forcing customers to buy back those same features for hundreds of dollars over a 4-5 year period?

No one is forcing anyone to buy the EP's. They are simply extra additions to the game. I bought only 2 EP's for the Sims 2 even. When you buy an EP you must understand that you are only buying the content and additions for the game you're buying it for, not for future versions of the game that are completely different. The Sims 3 is separate from the Sims 2, it's like saying "Why didn't Spore include seasons?!?" :X
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 3:49 AM
The Sims 3 is a completely separate game from The Sims 2 and should not be expected to have everything from The Sims 2. It is not part of the same line, not an addition or add-on.
Field Researcher
#40 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 3:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Truth is subjective. Truth is elusive. This is, perhaps, YOUR truth, but it is not, in fact, every persons truth. While you may have opinions on your truth, not all of us share those same opinions, nor care what your truths may be. This, then, is the way of life, and the way of the Sims, and now I shall become as a ninja.

Become as a ninja and kick some ass?! Or become as a ninja and disappear?
Test Subject
#41 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 4:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lilliandulcia
No one is forcing anyone to buy the EP's. They are simply extra additions to the game. I bought only 2 EP's for the Sims 2 even. When you buy an EP you must understand that you are only buying the content and additions for the game you're buying it for, not for future versions of the game that are completely different. The Sims 3 is separate from the Sims 2, it's like saying "Why didn't Spore include seasons?!?" :X

Right, I can choose to not buy them and just accept having completely wasted $70 on a game that is fundamentally flawed and missing major features.

Usually when a new game in a AAA series comes out, it contains all the features of its predecessor and more. With the Sims 3, we don't even keep all the old features; we get a whole lot less.

The Sims 3 is a completely separate game from The Sims 2 and should not be expected to have everything from The Sims 2. It is not part of the same line, not an addition or add-on.

If it is not part of the same line, it should have been marketed as the spin-off that it is rather than as a worthy successor to the Sims 2.
Field Researcher
#42 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 4:04 AM
Right, I can choose to not buy them and just accept having completely wasted $70 on a game that is fundamentally flawed and missing major features.

Usually when a new game in a AAA series comes out, it contains all the features of its predecessor and more. With the Sims 3, we don't even keep all the old features; we get a whole lot less.

Again, this is a totally different game series. I'm not familiar with AAA, or what that even stands for, but this is how The Sims franchise has always worked, and those who have been playing it since the beginning know this already. Why does everyone INSIST on comparing "apples to oranges"? Some of us are getting pretty tired of repeating ourselves.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 4:06 AM

If it is not part of the same line, it should have been marketed as the spin-off that it is rather than as a worthy successor to the Sims 2.

A successor is different. A successor follows. A successor does whatever he/she/it wants. An expansion expands on what is there.
Banned
Original Poster
#44 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 5:24 AM
Default oh boy
OK, lemme disect each one of these responses.

Anyone remember simsville? was supposed to come out way before sims 2 was even thought of? Look at all the sim games, sim city, societies, sims, they all use the same objects, buildings, etc... EA makes Sims 2, don't you think they had all the ep's done before the release of 2? YES, i'm pretty sure they did based on all the clues from the other sims games. An I wouldn't put it past them not one bit.

Sims 2 plus all of the ep's I believe is 18 gigs in total, so whats the difference if we get it all at once or not? your still gonna end up with a ton of gigs used.

Could care less about DRM, I know about it, if it bothered my FACTS I would've mentioned it.

Yes after Sims 1 I have never paid for another sims game, doesn't mean I got it illegaly, ever think I borrowed it from a friend or the library, installed it, and continue to play. I've played all versions of sims games dating back to the original simcity for pc and super nes. All sims 2 plus ep's as well.

Now for the good stuff....

Emimori - Not complaining, simply stating facts since you don't like the word truth. I highly doubt it cost's more money to make every ep when they are probably completed when the base game is completed but released later to scam more money from players. And so what if I made a screen name against Sims 3? Does it really hurt your feelings that bad? Seems like you got nothing better to do then to respond or reply just to get a post count up and get attention on a forum. Especially with a reply like LOL....YET and lol I'm thinking you're awesome *sighs*

ArabellaDTerroroftheSeas - Quit using the word troll, its stupid and pointless. You must like using the word LOL, PWN and NOOB. Please stop using these terminology, its EPIC FAIL. I didn't know my forum name could hurt your feelings as well, get over it. *shakes head*

Kilani - Read before you reply, I didn't say I didn't play all the other sims games, I simply didn't purchase them.

Axe Gaijin - A forum is for discussion based on peoples thought, opinions, facts, etc. Again, please quit using the word troll, EPIC FAIL. No one said you had to reply or even read the thread. A quoting a movie line was MAJOR FAIL. *boring*

Delphy - I think you've been on this forum and the internet way to long, go outside and get some sun.

tinydancer80 - This is troll replying. It doesn't matter If I own the game or not. I have played it. Thats all that matters.
Your reply shows your maturity, especially with the foul language, whether its blocked or not.

Folks, Fact is you will end up spending over $300 in the end and for what? Now thats 100% truth.

Common sense would tell you that, you don't buy things that don't work, do you?

In the end, if you didn't like my post or complain about it, you are therefore the troll. No one said you had to read it or reply to it.

Common sense is not so common, Common sense is the knack of seeing things as they are, and doing things as they ought to be done, It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something, It is a thousand times better to have common sense without education than to have education without common sense.
Common sense is compelled to make its way without the enthusiasm of anyone.

Stupid is forever, ignorance can be fixed.

SO....please no more replies if you have already replied to this thread. I heard YOUR opinon and replied back, I do not need to hear anything else from you, whats it called if you do it? oh yeah, TROLLING lol what a joke.
Test Subject
#45 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 5:33 AM
A successor is different. A successor follows. A successor does whatever he/she/it wants. An expansion expands on what is there.

Your point?
[flawedlogicImsure]
A successor should have most of the qualities of its family. If you had a baby that grew up and didn't possess qualities of you or its other creator would you not be disappointed, just a tad? Normal babies aren't completely different than both parents, and the succeed us.

S3 is an expansion to the series is it not? What was there in its two ancestors?
Why are these not expanded upon in this game?

[/flawedlogicImsure]
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 5:42 AM

ArabellaDTerroroftheSeas - Quit using the word troll, its stupid and pointless. You must like using the word LOL, PWN and NOOB. Please stop using these terminology, its EPIC FAIL. I didn't know my forum name could hurt your feelings as well, get over it. *shakes head*

Ahaha. Yes, I use the word "troll" once and you flip and attack me personally. You're funny enough, but I've seen funnier.

Quote: Originally posted by mimipunk
A successor should have most of the qualities of its family. If you had a baby that grew up and didn't possess qualities of you or its other creator would you not be disappointed, just a tad? Normal babies aren't completely different than both parents, and the succeed us.

Note that successors are not always related.

Quote: Originally posted by mimipunk
S3 is an expansion to the series is it not? What was there in its two ancestors?
Why are these not expanded upon in this game?

This is where our opinions differ, but both are valid. I see S3 as a new subseries, or a sort of series in itself that is only distantly related to S2. A spiritual successor to put it in troper terms, so I do not expect everything S2 has to be in S3.
Test Subject
#47 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 5:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tinydancer80
Again, this is a totally different game series. I'm not familiar with AAA, or what that even stands for, but this is how The Sims franchise has always worked, and those who have been playing it since the beginning know this already. Why does everyone INSIST on comparing "apples to oranges"? Some of us are getting pretty tired of repeating ourselves.

Then research it stupid and educate yourself. You have a vast well of knowledge at your fingertips, quite literally.

Quote: Originally posted by http://www.gameproducer.net/2006/05/26/what-are-aaa-titles/
Longer answer:
There is a debate that takes into considering several aspects that AAA titles should have. Some of the most common qualities that AAA titles should have (according to some experts) are:
- High-quality
- Broad market
- High sales
- Large teams
- Big budget
- Polished audio-visual direction
- Perfect technical and artistic execution
- Playable & fully enjoyable within the first five minutes of play
- Exhaustively tested
- Bug free

- Great usability
- Continous, balanced entertainment from beginning to end
- Great graphical user interface
- First place in the markets, and great marketing
- Hype

Some of the qualities are more arguable than others (like playability in 5 minutes). Some argue whether AAA titles should have certain budget or certain amount of sales.

In general, AAA refers to a game of the highest quality.

Bolded are where Maxis seems to fail in the reviews I've read.

We continue to compare because EA is in the shadow of many great game companies. I could use my money on game companies that provide us with amazing service and not funding the Sims series. I'd rather have what could have been as what is.

If you are tired of reiterating yourself go sleep or stop trolling.
Forum Resident
#48 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 5:58 AM
I find it pretty freakin' hilarious that everyone jumps on the guy saying that he's a troll and whatnot, when he does give the facts: the game is slow even on the fastest speed, nearly all of the items are duplicates from TS2, the cars are a cheap cop-out and really serve no purpose when your sim hardly uses them. And to the person who said that he dares to come to a forum dedicated to talking about The Sims 3 to bash it? Sweet mother of jeebus. So he can't list what the positives and negatives are, in his opinion? I think you're being a little oversensitive and critical of people who dislike it, simply because of how much you like it. Maybe he shouldn't have said that it was the truth about the game, but he is contributing by listing what he believes to be the positives and negatives of the game. Everyone has their own opinions, and you should be tolerant of them instead of being snippy and saying, "Mhm. Fail troll is fail."

Also, to the person who went on a rant because he said he didn't purchase it: I'm thinking that he didn't fork over the money but instead acquired it through other means (which is all I'm going to say on the subject, since this isn't something that should be discussed here). That doesn't mean that he didn't play it. So indeed, he could have played it and is now giving us thoughts and information. Truthfully, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth to see how many people immediately attack someone who has the audacity to not like the game entirely. Keep in mind that there are people reading this forum who want to see what other people honestly think and get all the facts about the game straight from the people who've played it before they decide to get TS3 or not - and they can't form a proper stance on the game if all they're getting is the raves and not the rants about the game.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 6:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Starfish of Terror
I find it pretty freakin' hilarious that everyone jumps on the guy saying that he's a troll and whatnot, when he does give the facts: the game is slow even on the fastest speed, nearly all of the items are duplicates from TS2, the cars are a cheap cop-out and really serve no purpose when your sim hardly uses them. And to the person who said that he dares to come to a forum dedicated to talking about The Sims 3 to bash it? Sweet mother of jeebus. So he can't list what the positives and negatives are, in his opinion? I think you're being a little oversensitive and critical of people who dislike it, simply because of how much you like it. Everyone has their own opinions, and you should be tolerant of them instead of being snippy and saying, "Mhm. Fail troll is fail."

I think you took what I said wrong. I didn't assume he was a troll until I realized that he only made an account to post this, THEN stated that he has never even spent money on anything but The Sims 1, which leaves around three options:

1. He's criticizing S3 based on what he's read and never played
2. He's dl bootlegged copies of either/both S2/S3
3. He's played on someone else's computer

I have not been offended by anyone here. I have not called anyone else on the forum a troll.
Field Researcher
#50 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 6:03 AM
Sims 2 plus all of the ep's I believe is 18 gigs in total, so whats the difference if we get it all at once or not? your still gonna end up with a ton of gigs used.

Yes after Sims 1 I have never paid for another sims game, doesn't mean I got it illegaly, ever think I borrowed it from a friend or the library, installed it, and continue to play. I've played all versions of sims games dating back to the original simcity for pc and super nes. All sims 2 plus ep's as well.

If we get it all at once that'd either mean we'd get no more expansions after it or it'd end up being much much much more than 18 gigs total. Also, the price of the base game would have to increase by a lot or else EA/Maxis/whoever's in charge now would lose a loooooot of money. However, that'd turn away people who are new to the series (why spend $300+ on a game you don't even know if you'll like?) or people like myself who choose to get the expansions we like and not all of them and thus we don't want to pay extra for expansions we don't want.
Also, I'm pretty sure borrowing the game, installing it, and giving it back (except for whatever disc you need to play it unless you've managed to get it to not require a disc) is still illegal. It'd only not be illegal if you were given the games as a gift. I've never heard of a library allowing you to rent a game and install it and then give it back (and you using some kind of thing that allows you to play without the disc). I thought libraries were for books / movies and not computer game renting..
Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: Stupid thread is stupid.
Page 2 of 3