Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 29th May 2009 at 9:07 AM
Unfortunately my Bon Voyage crashed and I no longer have that expansion pack. Can I just play without the beach part? I don't think that it would affect the rules any further than that.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 29th May 2009 at 9:23 AM
this looks good- I've done a similar challenge before and I really enjoyed it! May I suggest, if it is allowed, That on MTS2 Dr.Pixel made a while back these great shower, sink, and outhouse meshes, which look quite 'home made' if you get what I mean.
Test Subject
#53 Old 29th May 2009 at 2:57 PM
This is a little wierd...........but I actually made a cruise ship with SimPE so I could create a storyline?!?!?! :]
Field Researcher
#54 Old 29th May 2009 at 4:14 PM
so , using DeleteAllCharacters cheat will remove entire character from TS2?
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 30th May 2009 at 1:18 AM
jarod95, in theory, DeleteAllCharacters will do just what it says: delete each and every character (playable and NPC alike) from the entire neighborhood. My understanding of it, however, is that it often leaves behind bits of data attached to a number which, when called upon by the game for use with a new sim, creates conflicts. People much, much smarter than me have explored/tested/explained the whole thing over at MATY. Suffice it to say it's a bad idea, and you'd be much better off using a clean template.
Field Researcher
#56 Old 30th May 2009 at 3:15 AM
kool, but i am horrible with sim in poverty
Field Researcher
#57 Old 30th May 2009 at 4:05 AM
so , this is more safer than the DeleteCharacter code ?
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,5861.0.html
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 30th May 2009 at 4:37 AM
Um...yes, yes it is. I wouldn't have linked to it just for kicks.

I would suggest getting custom face templates and a name replacement list, as well as townified and geneticized versions of your favorite skins/eyes before you begin...it takes a while to gather everything together, but the results are well worth the effort .
Test Subject
#59 Old 30th May 2009 at 6:13 PM
just a question- when the first week is over and you move some of your sims to other lots, do you start with a shower and a fridge again and build your way up, or can you use the money you have to create a small hut type thing, provided you stay within the rules?
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 31st May 2009 at 6:17 AM
You can automatically get a shower and fridge plus using the money you have within the rules.
Test Subject
#61 Old 31st May 2009 at 9:47 AM
ah, ok. thanks!
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 5:54 PM
I am definately gonna try this, looks fun!!!
Mad Poster
#63 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 6:36 AM
i'm going to be trying this tonight. i already have it printed up and ready to go.
for this i will be using custom objects from mts2:

shell phone,

mini fridge castaway recolors,

shipwrecked shower

thatched roof outhouse.

and outdoor barrel sink.

i'm a download junkie.. i'll get started and post back here the results.
Instructor
#64 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 6:52 AM
There is also this fridge, which I absolutely love:

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=289069
Mad Poster
#65 Old 14th Nov 2009 at 11:40 PM
yeah, i've downloaded that fridge before. i like the mini ones a little better, because i use targa's super fridge or whatever that is. it has everything in the mini fridge that you can get from the regular fridge.
Test Subject
#66 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 6:13 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 11th Feb 2014 at 7:41 PM.
Default Island Challenge
In the present year, a newly wed couple goes on a honeymoon on a cruise. Their ship capsizes and everyone on board dies. Except them. They are washed onto an island and have to make lives there for themselves.
REQUIRED: Sims 2 Seasons
CHALLENGE:
You must create a family of a boy and a girl adults. They are married. You must buy a 5x5 lot and color all the grass as sand. This is the beach. Put in palm trees and a pond along the edge of 1 side of the lot. Build a small hut with only a double bed, bbq, 1 counter, fire alarm and the cheapest fridge. The toilet must be placed outside near a tree (use move_objects on for this) and the shower must also be placed near a tree. You must place a garden near the pond and plant five tomato plants. Because the sims are on a deserted island, they are not allowed to get jobs and no additional cheats can be used.
The object is to get to Generation 5 without leaving the island. The kids are allowed to go to school, but only so the social worker does not come. (If you have a hack that allows no school, use it) As the family increases, (any number of kids, as long as there is a boy and a girl), they must sell 2 of their tomato plants and eat the rest. If you do not have seasons, then buy a phone. (ONLY USE IT FORE GROCERIES) They can add to their huts and expand. Must use a wood panaling or log panaling (if you have Bon Voyage). When The boy of the family become an adult, you may add 1 girl to the family.
+2 every day if each sims aspiration is in green
+5 for every baby that is added to the family.
+8 for every meal they serve
+10 for every day the fire company does not show up
-10 for every day they do
When you end Generation 5, tally up your points. If you get a higher than 20, you win!
Have fun!

Spontanious Ideas
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 9:50 PM
This sounds really interesting - I'm going to try it. :D

*edit* I don't have seasons so I can't garden... Is there another way to get food w/out ordering groceries?
Test Subject
#68 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 10:38 PM
You could always fish. Sell any boots for extra money

Spontanious Ideas
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 11:19 PM
^ Except fishing is part of Seasons. Also, you cannot use the BBQ with the mini-fridge (if that is the fridge you were talking about).
Test Subject
#70 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 12:27 AM
ok, hmm didn't think about that. How about buying a phone and only using it for groceries. Change the mini fridge to the cheapest fridge. I will update.

Spontanious Ideas
Instructor
#71 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 2:48 AM
@lizziebee: there are custom plants that you can use with base game that can be sold for money or harvested for your fridge.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=124003 <--- harvestable crops by Echo
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 2:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Oka400
... As the family increases, (any number of kids, as long as there is a boy and a girl), they must sell 2 of their tomato plants and eat the rest. ....... When The boy of the family become an adult, you may add 1 girl to the family.

This suggests that you have to have a boy first and only then can you add a girl to the family? Do you mean that when the first male child becomes an adult he can 'marry' a girl you create for him? And as time goes on the family will build their gardening skills, will they be allowed to expand the garden and grow other crops as well?
Test Subject
#73 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 5:49 PM
The family can have any number of kids. They can have a girl first but they just need to have a boy. Once the boy is an adult then you can create a sim for him to marry. And yes, you can expand the garden, just make sure you have five plants.

Spontanious Ideas
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 9:19 PM
Thank you katalina522.
Mad Poster
#75 Old 28th Jan 2017 at 7:27 PM
Sorry for the necro.

For those who are interesting, I'm now running this challenge on a Let's Play series. Currently uploading all first 6 videos of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rtk...shvEegS&index=2
Page 3 of 4