Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 1:40 AM
Default New to Sims 3, can't find a solution to hairs on CAS
I looked for an answer to my doub and can't find.
I'm new to sims 3 and, after a lot of hard work I was able to make the CC work. But when you select a CC hair (on cas), the color switches to the game's ones, which I don't want.
How can I keep the CC color on CC hairs?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 2:34 AM Last edited by pretenshus : 6th Sep 2017 at 4:03 AM.
Well hair cc (meshes) don't actually come with preloaded colors like sims 2 and 4. They vary from texture types so if you are referring to the hair color you saw in a thumbnail or an preview image online, then no, the hair color does not come with the download of the hair.

On the flip side you can download custom hair colors though. So while hair color is not connected to the actual hair mesh there are separate downloads which are premade hair color palettes for you to use in CAS and its great because these colors can be applied to all your hairs rather than just being tied to one you downloaded.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 4:07 AM
Another way to look at it is that in TS3, "brown hair" and "grey roots," for example, are attributes of the sim, not the hair. Try changing the sim's hair color to something outlandish like neon green with purple highlights (or something more typical if you like) and you'll see how the color change will look on any hair you give them. I've seen some CC hairs whose base colors override that of the sim, but these are exceptions and in some cases actually not created that way on purpose.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 10:09 AM
Here's a tutorial on how to change hair colour in game: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/i...-a-sim/hair.php
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 11:02 PM
Thank you very much guys! I honestly had no idea about those..... Now I'm seeing it very differently. Thanks a lot!