Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 3:07 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Late Night, Supernatural
Deviceconfig.log empty... help?
Hello,

So I recently missed the sims 3 and wanted to play it again. So I installed it on my pc and it was running fine for a few weeks until it just stopped opening or running altogether. So i uninstalled and reinstalled the game.
However this just made things worse...

I now cannot even get the game to run at all, just get the pop up that says;
Unable to start game
Device 0 cannot run this title
No supported video graphics card detected. Please check your system hardware.

So a quick google search and there are lots of people showing you how to edit the Deviceconfig.log to then recognize your graphics card or something.

However when I went to do the first step I noticed that it was completely blank.

There is nothing at all in my Deviceconfig.log?

and literally cannot find any solution for this?

Help?

Many Thanks.

KB-Sim
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 3:13 PM
Should probably state I have a Radeon graphics card nor Nvidia
Site Helper
#3 Old 8th Sep 2017 at 12:58 AM
I don't know if this would cause the problem or not, but have you checked to see if you have a Sims 3 folder in One Drive?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#4 Old 8th Sep 2017 at 4:44 AM
DeviceConfig.log is output from the program. Anyone who edits that particular file is wasting their time as the game produces it rather than reads it. A new one gets generated (output) automatically every time the game starts up and overwrites the old one, when things are working properly that is. So an empty DeviceConfig is a symptom, not the problem itself or its cause.

The game is not seeing your Radeon R7 video card at all. Possibly you updated its drivers recently to ones that are unsuitable for it? If so, you might need to roll them back (undo whatever you did with graphics drivers updates, perhaps they came from Microsoft by way of an update but the ones you got are unusable. Or you might go to your computer manufacturer's site and get the latest suitable drivers for your model from them instead. Or, I'm afraid, it's possible that your card is damaged or otherwise malfunctioning.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#5 Old 8th Sep 2017 at 4:44 AM
The Deviceconfig.log is generated by the game upon successful game load. Deviceconfig.log would be blank if you'd just reinstalled and then the game won't load, especially if you had backed up the user folders as part of the Uninstall process.

The file(s) to edit for new graphic cards is *.sgr in the game's Program folder. Searching this Help forum would net you some results....