Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 10:23 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Transferred to a new computer, select lots I created not appearing in game??
SPECS:
Windows 10 64 Bit
Intel Core i7-7700HQ @2.8 GHz CPU
16 GB RAM
110 GB free of 256 GB SSD
4GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti Graphics

So I finally was able to buy a higher end computer (compared to the literal crap I've had in the past) and the Sims 3 runs great on it. I moved everything over from my old computer and it all seemed fine until I noticed...

Some of my content that I created myself didn't install! Specifically four commercial lots and one saved family.

The missing content shows up in the downloaded content tab of the launcher. I'll install the sims3packs via the launcher and it will say "successful!" for each one And then the content will show with the rest of my stuff in the installed content tab. I'll start the game and look for it in the lots bin and the families bin, but they're not there. When I close the game, and re-open the launcher it still shows in downloaded content tab but the status in the installed content tab is back to being blank. It then allows me to reinstall, still says successful but still doesn't show in the game!

I've re-created the files on my old computer by exporting them from the game so that I can rule out the file being broken. Also what's strange is other lots that will show on the new computer were created before and after some of the problem lots on the old computer. I have already copied all my downloads/mods etc. from the other computer so all the content from before is there. I'm running the same EP's and even SP's as the old game. I've downloaded other lots from other creators since then and not had an issue with those. I completed the "Custom content not showing up" guide on the wiki with no luck. This happens in my one save game and if I create a new neighborhood.

One difference is the old computer (where the lots are coming from) runs version 1.67 and the new computer (where I'm reinstalling) runs 1.69, but the newer version is backwards compatible right? If I'm correct, that shouldn't be the issue.

Ultimately I'm not that worried about the family, I can recreate them without much effort. However three of those four lots took me a long time to build, I really want to use them on my new computer. Any ideas?? What am I missing??
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 10:40 PM
Welp as another option you could convert the lots you created into package files and place them directly into your sims 3 library.