Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#26 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 12:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
It wasn't until recently, when I was still playing Sims 3, that I was told about the cuddle that can happen in bed when a coupe wakes up. So when I went back to Sims 2 and I had my couple, I made sure to not do any interactions with them, in hopes of seeing the cuddle, cause I never noticed it before. And sure enough, without interactions lined up, they sometimes woke up and cuddled.

And when I left them alone and just watched them a bit, now and then they'd either give a tight squeeze during the cuddle or kiss the other's head.
So sweet!

C-A

@>>CatMuto>> I never had a couple when they wakeup just stay there in bed and cuddle. I only had it happen if they are on the bed relaxing and I click on the option for them to cuddle.
It sound really nice that it happen the way you said it did, how sweet. Maybe it depend on the EP's you have in your game,

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 6:09 AM
It's an AL animation. And it's freaking adorable. They do it in the morning if you let them have a little time to wake up in. The top spoon flops over, pulls bottom spoon across his or her breast, and sometimes there's hair stroking or forehead kissing, and little murmurs - and sometimes one of them has a bladder need that's about to go critical but they just don't want to get up! Just like real life.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Inventor
#28 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 7:37 AM
Wish I could see that, but I don't have AL. Sure sounds really cute.
Instructor
#29 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 3:58 PM
I just noticed an animation I'd never seen before yesterday: I was playing a family with a swingset in the backyard, and I noticed that the teen female sim in the family was just sitting on a swing. The action in the queue was called "chill." So she was chilling on the swings!! And she was sitting in this awesome typical teen pose.

I did stop playing Sims 2 for many years, and only returned to the game this summer when the Ultimate Collection came out (and now I'm obsessed and can't stop playing again- so much I didn't appreciate when I was a teenager and had to play on the world's slowest computer!), so it's possible this happens all the time and I just didn't realize. But I do think that's a great animation- I really look forward to seeing more! It's a reminder to let my sims have freewill, and to not always fast forward when seemingly nothing is going on.
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#30 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 10:44 PM Last edited by Simonut : 14th Oct 2014 at 8:52 PM.
What a "Big Surprise" that I experience with my Sims once again with their animations of what they will do next. One of my teen boys had just finish eating his dinner, but he did not clean up his plate, so I made him go back to clean up.
I then click on the plate for the clean up option, but instead I got the option to "Lick Plate" and the Teen boy did so and then clean up, I just love that animation first time I ever had that happen ever.

Now here another one time ever thing that happen I did not notice that one of my "Rich" Sims Simoleon / Money had ran out ( lol ) there teen daughter and son always stay at the shopping mall buying whatever.
The male "maid" had just finish cleaning the house for the rich Sims and was about to leave when I got a pop- up saying "What ! you don't have enough money to paid me ok I will just take something or use something that is of value to you".
So the male maid decided to go use their " swimming pool" and he left when he got good and ready, that was so funny to watch and see another first time ever for me. The Sims are full of surprises

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Field Researcher
#31 Old 7th Dec 2014 at 3:33 PM
One animation I have only seen once: I heard the sound of the trash can lid being lifted, and presumed it was a walk-by neighbour doing some salvaging, but when I went to look it was a kid (pre-teen) and he had climbed into the can. Played almost daily for nearly two years before I saw that happen, and it hasn't happened again since.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 7th Dec 2014 at 6:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
Children can play with refrigerators, too, by swinging on the door. Mine will do it when their fun is really low and there's nothing else more fun to do. I think in both cases it's an autonomous-only action. I have vague recollections of adults doing it, too, but don't quote me on that.

Also, the sliding down banisters thing that AL added is awesome. Pretty sure that's autonomous-only, too, and I think only really playful Sims will do it.

You can tell them to slide down! I've had some kids sliding down, going up, sliding down in order to get them tired enough to go to bed!
Mad Poster
#33 Old 7th Dec 2014 at 6:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by saturnian
One animation I have only seen once: I heard the sound of the trash can lid being lifted, and presumed it was a walk-by neighbour doing some salvaging, but when I went to look it was a kid (pre-teen) and he had climbed into the can. Played almost daily for nearly two years before I saw that happen, and it hasn't happened again since.

Hahaha, I've only seen that once as well, and it was pretty funny
Mad Poster
#34 Old 7th Dec 2014 at 6:14 PM
[QUOTE=Simonut]What a "Big Surprise" that I experience with my Sims once again with their animations of what they will do next. One of my teen boys had just finish eating his dinner, but he did not clean up his plate, so I made him go back to clean up.
I then click on the plate for the clean up option, but instead I got the option to "Lick Plate" and the Teen boy did so and then clean up, I just love that animation first time I ever had that happen ever.

Now here another one time ever thing that happen I did not notice that one of my "Rich" Sims Simoleon / Money had ran out ( lol ) there teen daughter and son always stay at the shopping mall buying whatever.
The male "maid" had just finish cleaning the house for the rich Sims and was about to leave when I got a pop- up saying "What ! you don't have enough money to paid me ok I will just take something or use something that is of value to you".
So the male maid decided to go use their " swimming pool" and he left when he got good and ready, that was so funny to watch and see another first time ever for me. The Sims are full of surprises [/QUOT

My unpaid maid took the TV!
Mad Poster
#35 Old 7th Dec 2014 at 7:58 PM
Ha! I've seen them take stuff before but never use something different, how funny.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#36 Old 7th Dec 2014 at 8:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by saturnian

That is about the only thing I've never seen. I know about it but never had a child do it, not even in my homeless family. I want to see it!

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#37 Old 9th Dec 2014 at 7:41 AM
I've just seen something else for the first time ever - someone got down on all fours and vomited after stepping out of the electrosphere. Oddly enough, it was the same sim I caught sitting in the trash can as a kid, though he's all grown up now. Perhaps I ought to keep a closer eye on him...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#38 Old 9th Dec 2014 at 7:47 AM
That one is common for sims without many body points.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#39 Old 9th Dec 2014 at 1:58 PM
Sitting down, holding your sleeping toddler.
A little glitch, but proves the animation is there, or at least doable.

Screenshots

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#40 Old 9th Dec 2014 at 2:58 PM
I love it when they get stuck holding the babies and toddlers and go about their lives like that.

Forum Resident
#41 Old 9th Dec 2014 at 3:40 PM
Anyone ever seen a fart-off game. Been playing sims 2 since the first day it released and thought I'd seen everything. My greek house was in full party mode and packed with tons of sims, but I couldn't see Joshua. There he was in the kitchen, playing farting with green smoke coming out of his backside with the local idiot mascot. He would fart, then laugh, then the other idiot head would fart and laugh back...... WHY? WHY? WHY??

WHAT THE HECK!!!

He's supposed to be me sensible money orientated sim, so now I'm torn between forcing him back into character or laughing my head off at the way these sims just destroy all my story lines with their mischief making. Ten years of regular playing and I didn't know that was even a thing.
Mad Poster
#42 Old 9th Dec 2014 at 4:00 PM
Eh, he'd been drinking and the cow mascot tried to gross him out and he good-naturedly replied in kind to take him down a peg. That sounds perfectly in-character for Joshua.

Funniest gross-out contest I've seen: I had loaded an old backup of Widespot to take some backstory pictures that didn't get made during development, and teen Rhett Hart (bad boy Romance adult in the final version) came home with the Land teens. He walks up to adult Mary Land (who is easy to read as a Cloyingly Good Girl in Trouble) and burps in her face. Mary demonstrated her knowledge and skill at handling immature boys by not blinking an eye, burping back, and then one-upping him by picking her nose and flicking at the booger at him. He thought she was AWESOME.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Inventor
#43 Old 9th Dec 2014 at 4:40 PM
I had that once with 'my regular' cow mascott Sjimmie Barrel. He burped in one of my sims faces, totally expecting the 'ew gross!' reaction. Me too, actually, because that was what always happened before. But no. The sim in question found it great and was happy to return the favor. Sjimmie and I were both surprised for a few seconds and then it became a short 'your turn again' occasion between those two.
Mad Poster
#44 Old 9th Dec 2014 at 5:53 PM
Has anyone else ever seen two sims have a dance-off? It happened to me once when I got my sim to "influence" another to "play". The play that they chose was some kind of dance off. Very surprising, and unfortunately I didn't get a picture!

Lab Assistant
#45 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 12:51 AM
That's the secret handshake from Uni. They do a little dance at each other and end with a "shhhh" gesture. It's in the Play menu for some reason.
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 1:12 AM
I saw something like 6 months ago in my game that I have never seen before in my 5 years of playing.
The Family had just been on a vacation for 4-5 days - been together 24/7. This was the first
day home - and the grown ups had to go to work - and the kids to go to school.
The Father was the first one coming home from Work to the empty house - he went Upstairs
to the childrens rooms - got a teddybear and wanted to talk through it to one of the kids
(that still was at school) - then he stood still - like thinking - oh she is not here - he sat down
the teddy on the floor - looked sad - then on the dresser sat 3 more stuffed animals - he took
them one by one and sat them Down on the floor with the teddy in a circle - sat himself down
in the circle too - and like talking to the stuffed animals - then finally picking up the teddy while
sitting down - and hugging it for a long time. Then he got up - went to the next kid's room -
and started doing the same thing - but then the phone rang - and the whole thing was over.
And I have not seen that animation again - wondering if anyone else have seen anything like this?
Inventor
#47 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 5:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zoozeegirl
And I have not seen that animation again - wondering if anyone else have seen anything like this?

No, but I would love to see it.
Test Subject
#48 Old 15th Dec 2014 at 3:36 PM
The cutest animation ever: A couple sleeping in a double bed - the male reached full energy level, and "woke up" in the bed, opening his eyes, while his partner was still sleeping. They were spooning. Then the male, with open eyes, just layed there hugging his partner and kissed her forehead from time to time while she was still asleep. I had never noticed that before
Page 2 of 2