Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 11:30 AM
Default Best place for a Sims 2 Story?
Hey guys
I'm going to start a story on my new (sub)hood, and I wanted to know, what's the best place for a story: a blog, Sims Stories here on Sims 2 Discussion, any other?
A note: I have 7 2.25 Mb pictures of my 8 starting Sims.

Can you tell me your opinion? B the way, how do you like the title: "The Stories of Logren Hills"? LO(w)GRE(e)N Hills is the name of the hood (without the letters in the (), just Logren).
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 11:34 AM
You could do a blog, but in a diary kind of thing where you choose a character from the household, take screenshots of moments. You know the book label by the Life mode, Build mode icons? You could do that too and take screenshots (PrntScrn) and put it on a blog, or, normally caption screenshots on a blog
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 11:40 AM
Ok, but what about the pictures? Can I put them on a blog, cause they are big...
How do you like the title?
Test Subject
#4 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 11:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PanAm103
Ok, but what about the pictures? Can I put them on a blog, cause they are big...
How do you like the title?

The title is perfect, the pictures.. you could put them on a blog, or put them into the Biography (take the screenshots with 'C' in-game) and caption them. Take a screenshot of that and you could put that up :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 11:44 AM
I used Fraps, and the quality is good. I am afraid that the C key will reduce the quality. Is there a way to do that with Fraps?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 11:53 AM
Taking a screenshot of an ingame album isn't a great idea, imo - you're right that the pictures will be small and bad quality, plus it'll look pretty tatty and unprofessional, especially if you have to take multiple screenshots of the same album page because the text gets cut off.

You can upload pics to a blog, to tumblr, wherever you like really... and if you're concerned about filesize, just change your FRAPS settings to take JPGs instead of whatever it's currently using (I'd guess BMP or PNG at those filesizes), or convert them to JPG using GIMP or Photoshop or whatever. If you have Photoshop, you can even convert them all in one go using batch processing.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#7 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 11:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PanAm103
I used Fraps, and the quality is good. I am afraid that the C key will reduce the quality. Is there a way to do that with Fraps?

To be honest I'm not really the person to ask, but I think this will help --> http://www.wikihow.com/Use-Fraps-to...-Screen-Capture If it doesn't work, then I don't really know
Mad Poster
#8 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 12:58 PM
I take pictures using Gadwin Printscreen, edit them and then upload to a picture host site (I use postimg and tinypic). I write the story in a Word document. I also have tiny thumbnail pics that I can paste into it, mostly so that I'll remember where they go, since I tend to have more than 50 pictures per chapter. I then copy/paste everything into a notepad document (with BBcodes like [img]), so that I have a document I can easily edit if need be. Then I copy/pasta to a forum post.

Some people use slideshare, like joandsarah does: http://www.slideshare.net/coffee4u/...bacy-chapter-21

Other people use tumblr/LJ/DW for their stories.

It depends what you're most comfortable with.

As for pictures, you may want to size them down a little. Smaller pictures are often easier to look at. Most forums have limits on picture sizes. 800x600 or 600x450 tends to be the upper limit, though some sites will allow bigger pictures.
Theorist
#9 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 3:06 PM
I use Fraps (using the F10 key to capture the shot) and rather like how the pictures turn out (for reference there are picture links in my signature). Most of the time I find little to no editing is needed (except cropping and resizing) unless you really feel the need to.

As for blogs, I agree with the poster above me - a number of people still use hosting sites such as Livejournal for storytelling purposes, but may advertise it on their Tumblr or other Sims forums such as MTS. It all depends on what you're comfortable with.

I like your title by the way.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard