Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jan 2017 at 9:16 PM
Default What is going on with the "Traveler" mod?
So I downloaded and installed Twallan's "Traveler" mod (if this is not the place to post please kindly let me know). I have a married couple, wife is pregnant, husband goes on vacation.

He gets back...and the wife is still pregnant, but now there's a daughter in the family--a child. Looking at Master Controller I saw that some inactives ALSO had children added to their families, and the Funke twins turned out to be triplets due to an added child!

What in the world...? Is there something I'm missing here...?

(Obviously I have Master Controller and Story Progression going.)

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 7th Jan 2017 at 9:50 PM
I donno. NRAAS would be the place to ask.

Maybe your postman is kinda frisky.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Jan 2017 at 10:27 PM Last edited by AlexandraSpears : 7th Jan 2017 at 10:43 PM.
And a fast worker, apparently...the extra kids were already in the Child stage and I was only on, what, Week 1 Day 2 of my game. I was just wondering if Twallan even addressed those anymore...I'll give it a try.

EDIT There seems to be no way to create a new subject on the discussion board there. Hm.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Site Helper
#4 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 2:17 AM
First, are you a member there? Registration is free, but required to post.

If you are a member, go to the Chatterbox and scroll down to the "More Messages" link. When you click that, you see the earlier messages that were dropped to the bottom of the page, and a "New Post" button at the top of the page.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#5 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 7:04 AM Last edited by igazor : 9th Jan 2017 at 6:00 PM.
Yes, NRaas is a better place to post these questions. Our discussion boards are still quite active, but FYI you won't reach Twallan himself that way as he retired three years ago this week.

What you are experiencing is a bug with Traveler through which some non-WA worlds try but fail to emulate the demographics of WA worlds and those do not typically support pregnancies, babies, and toddlers (meaning that pregnancies in those worlds tend to get resolved fully into children on your sims' next visit). Obviously what you've described with travel to/from a homeworld and the extra children generated upon return is never supposed to happen anyway.

It is fixed in what is the current beta testing version of the mod, version 87d, available to all who wish to try it out here. I've been using the beta test version for some time now, and it's fine.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Traveler+Testing
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 9:19 PM
I never sent a pregnant Sim on vacation...I sent a Sim to a vacation world after installing Traveler (I am not playing with University installed and I don't have ITTF). I'll give the NRAAS board another try.

Thanks for the help, you guys.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Mad Poster
#7 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 9:43 PM Last edited by igazor : 8th Jan 2017 at 10:09 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by AlexandraSpears
I never sent a pregnant Sim on vacation...I sent a Sim to a vacation world after installing Traveler (I am not playing with University installed and I don't have ITTF). I'll give the NRAAS board another try.

Thanks for the help, you guys.

I understand you did not send a pregnant sim on vacation. The bug affects the world you are re-entering and any pregnant sims within it. If you had been traveling to and from France, for example, this is how pregnancies in France are supposed to be resolved in that world. But you weren't and the pregnant sim if they had been living in France wouldn't have stayed pregnant. Again, it's a known bug with homeworlds and it has been addressed in the latest Traveler beta testing version.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 3:34 PM
I noticed that the extra children popped up in the households where the wife was pregnant, now that I think on it. I'll download the other version of Traveler.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Mad Poster
#10 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 5:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kaiko Espurr Mikkusu
Usually when I install NRAAS Traveller, it automatically resurrect the dead sims in town. Though that may be because I start saves with Traveller already in, instead of putting it in-game on an already played save.

No, this can happen if you have a game active and load up a different one after saving by retreating to the Main Menu rather than quitting all the way to the Desktop (or all the way to Origin if 1.69) in between load ups. TS3 doesn't manage to clear RAM completely in between active sessions, and data from one game session can otherwise get superimposed upon data from the next one.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 1:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
No, this can happen if you have a game active and load up a different one after saving by retreating to the Main Menu rather than quitting all the way to the Desktop (or all the way to Origin if 1.69) in between load ups. TS3 doesn't manage to clear RAM completely in between active sessions, and data from one game session can otherwise get superimposed upon data from the next one.

I always clear my .cache files before restarting the game, does that help with that kind of thing?

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Mad Poster
#12 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 1:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AlexandraSpears
I always clear my .cache files before restarting the game, does that help with that kind of thing?

I do too, but this isn't a matter of caching. It's a matter of RAM not being cleared out; my assumption was that player is not actually quitting the game in between loading different worlds. I don't think you can or would want to clear your caches with the game executable still running.