Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 2:32 PM
Default Problem Edit in Game
Hello,

I have a problem with editing a world in Edit in game (maybe there is a topic about it ?). I'll try to explain with a proper English...
I have this problem since the last update of the game (1.69 or something like that). When I go to EIG, Origin opens, as it is since this update for playing the Sims 3. But it seems the game wants to open the world as one to be played and not to be edited. And I have a message that says "A grave/serious problem has occured with the "name of the World" we recommend to restart", something like that.
So I can't put lots in my world, I know I can finish it without lots but I would like them to be there (and not to put them at every game).
It's been a while since this update (1 year ?) and I didnt' have time to deal with this problem. I changed my computer lately but I have the same problem.

So does anyone have an idea what to do ?
I am not sure this is clear x) but thank you in advance.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 3:49 PM
Check out this thread; if you scroll down the first post there are some things to try.
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...d=1#post3513489

Make sure you have the correct version of CAW for your game also.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 4:36 PM
Thanks for the link o/

Yes I'm sure I have the correct version, I can create a world anyway, I just can't edit in game. I had trouble with 1.69 update but I managed to fix the problem.

I remember I went there a long time ago, I tried the "batch file" for EIG, but it does absolutely nothing with me ê_é
Now that I had a look, it is possible that I have the problem with the "Go social" matter, but it's complicated for me to all understand...
First how can I be sure that I have the "Go social" matter ? I'm not used to Origin and all I can see about the Sims 3 Game, I don't see Go social written anywhere (but maybe I didn't understand at all). And how come I could have Go social while I have the base game from 2009 ? And how can I install an older version of the base game ?

Sorry it may have already been explained but I'm not at ease with all of this...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 5:38 PM
I'm trying to install SuperCAW but the atavera's patch seems to have a virus so I can't download it... so I can't continue...

About the batch file EIG, do you know why it does not work ? I put the world file in the application, but nothing happens after that...
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 5:59 PM
You don't need the SuperCAW patch- just use a precompiled executable. This is the link for the 1.69 version. backup your existing CAW exe and replace it with the downloaded one.

The EIG batch file won't work if there's something wrong with the program, such as a version mismatch.

I think you'd see Go Social written on the Origin icon for Sims 3 if you had it, so it sounds like you have the original.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 7:59 PM
Ow ok I wasn't placing the patch to the right place... thanks xD

Ok I don't see what could be wrong with the program for EIG file but it doesn't matter x)

Okay so now I can use SuperCAW. In one of the link you gave me, someone says he fixed the problem by bypassing the launcher and using SuperCAW.
So I did the bypass stuff, I now have a icon on desktop to bypass the launcher.
But is it all, what should I do now that I have this bypassing and the SuperCAW ? (I tried to EIG with SuperCAW but it didn't work)