Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1726 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 4:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Miuki
You don't say, it's like different EPs are coded by different teams that have no idea what have been done before or will be done next, or how it will affect overall balance.
Seriously, it looks like they assume all players abandon their old saves and towns when new EP comes out. (Which one the other hand is very logical considering how quickly saves corrupt in this game).

Programmer one: *leaves cubicle, and heads to cubicle next to his* Hey, Mitch, how did you get bars to work in Late Night? I kind of need help...

I'm sure they all still work together. Programmers are hard to come by, and unless he or she left to get a better job, it's not very hard for them to get up and ask for help from each other. ESPECIALLY if all you have to do is ask.

But, it really is senseless to have not only 1 but TWO bar sets (which look very much like nightclub sets - go figure), advertise that there are bars in the game and no one to work them. Actually, with all the stage lighting equipment and those wall speakers, along with the DJ booth, I'm pretty sure you can make a nightclub. Proves how much EA understands their own game. It's like no one communicates at all.

Quote: Originally posted by Miuki
matrix54 Yeah, it puzzles me too, why couldn't they code all bars alike, or at least leave player to designate an NPC and number and kind of drinks.
And I also wonder why didn't they tie lot marking to certain object (as fog emitter or counter), so players could have "official" open community lots instead of rabbitholes (The same way as modded rugs and doors function).

I was wondering the exact same thing over the past few months. It would function like those NPC doors from LN. Plop the little ball in room and it blacks out the entire room. Select the door and BAM - instant rabbit hole. This is very handy for those moments when we want to have, say, a sub-lot on a lot, but still function normally for jobs and such. Like, say if I wanted a gym or pool with a small spa inside (since EA wont give us actual spas), or I just want to build my own exterior shell of a building (since every rabbit hole does not look good in every town), it would be simple enough. Build - plop down a marker - done. Instant rabbit hole. I hope EA reads this and adopts this, at least, and put in a patch. It would save time trying to make all those fancy, one town style, rabbit holes and give them incentive to actually provide architecture, or building decor. The game is already a creative powerhouse (with a few small issue here and there, like chimneys and roofs), but they need to try and take it a step forward.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#1727 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 5:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Oh, don't get me started on these so called bars EA added, that are set up EXACTLY like the one in LN (just a counter island and a matching juice bar), but unlike the bars in LN, this is just a normal juice bar. No one will work behind it, which is stupid. They could have, literally, just copy and paste a little code here or there, change some numbers - the bars don't even snap/fit together, so they look stupid with a giant gaping hole on the side...

Perhaps it's to do with that the manned bars come with LN so if they did that and someone buys SHT but doesn't have LN then its going to screw up
Mad Poster
#1728 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 6:11 PM
Programmer one: *leaves cubicle, and heads to cubicle next to his* Hey, Mitch, how did you get bars to work in Late Night? I kind of need help...

I think it's more like, Dave the game producer tells Programmer 1 to stay in his cubicle and code SHT. Then he goes to Mandy the 3D artist and asks her to make a new bar that's base on the juice bar. And if we are lucky, one day somebody will tell Mitch to alphabetize the venue list because it's getting really long and really hard to find anything because the list is in a random order.

I'm with nestfilms on this, probably the bars are not LN version so people without LN can use them, but if EA would have been very smart, they would have added LN bars that show up if you had LN.

For those of you who have it, why no pictures for us who are still waiting for their own copy? or do you have to wait until tomorrow when it's officially released?
Mad Poster
#1729 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 6:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
And if we are lucky, one day somebody will tell Mitch to alphabetize the venue list because it's getting really long and really hard to find anything because the list is in a random order.

I'm still wondering why the launcher never shows us stuff in alphabetical order. They seem to have a real grudge against alphabetical order.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1730 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 6:20 PM
Think of it this way. There are Sims that are meant to look over two separate registers. All the WA registers, and the Consignment Store. Those manage to work just fine, and use the same coding, but are attached to 6 different objects (7 if you count the pets store).

What would EA have to do?
-Create a new instance for the bar to separate the coding from the Professional Bar to the base game bar, to make it a service item in a public place. This is no different than the register.
-Have an NPC called to work the register. They don't even have to live in an NPC door, it could, literally be ANYONE.
-Have townies in the lot attracted to the bar for service, NOT to make drinks IF a Sim is working there. This is so Sims don't go behind the bar and make drinks.
-Change the animations from the professional bar to the standard waiting animation, "conversation" animation, and animation from the regular bar. Sims don't even have to clean it up. They just have to wait for customers.
-Change what is purchased at the bar to whatever EA wants. Of course, it's only beverages, given the bars type and appearance. They don't even need special drink types - juice, nectar (which is basically juice anyway) and coffee. It could even work with the base game (I'm positive). Even if EA altered the bar to make it look like a coffeemaker with little baked treats beneath it, what's stopping them?

All of that exists in the game... that's just lazy of EA to ignore it and have lots vacant and empty of actual bar life. I also want to see if Sims sing while playing other instruments. Not in a band, but simply singing while play the piano or something.

On that note, why can't EA add a singer to the guitarist part of bands. They can get that to work... I wonder how rigid the code it for this game. They either can't get it to work (bad coding) or don't want to.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1731 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 6:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ~MadameButterfly~
I'm still wondering why the launcher never shows us stuff in alphabetical order. They seem to have a real grudge against alphabetical order.

Actually it is in alphabetical order, but it's done by file name, not by item name. Check right now. Open up the launcher and look through the item names in downloads, and then check the downloads folder. They correspond.

Mad Poster
#1732 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 7:38 PM
Actually it is in alphabetical order, but it's done by file name, not by item name. Check right now. Open up the launcher and look through the item names in downloads, and then check the downloads folder. They correspond.

Ah....ok. lol
Theorist
#1733 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 8:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Apparently CC will NOT be transferred with Sims sent via SimPort, not even official Store content. It was mentioned in the video all about SimPort that was made a while back.

I know, but I don't think CC is supposed to transfer through the exchange either.

Hi I'm Paul!
Mad Poster
#1734 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 11:24 PM
Well when they demo'd SimPort in the video, the Sim that arrived in the other woman's game WASN'T wearing the outfit they had chosen for them. It was replaced by a default preset outfit.

Exchange Sims are designed to at least copy over Store content but even Store content isn't supposed to carry across with SimPort.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1735 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 11:58 PM
I think the game just exchanged "number", not actual sims, since that would require downloading the Sim itself. Like, it will just tell the game to load Hair D, skin tone B, outfit X, etc.

Forum Resident
#1736 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 12:26 AM
With the exchange sims that you download you do get the custom hairs,clothes, and other things only store items does not transfer if you don't have it.
Scholar
#1737 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 12:37 AM
I am mortified to admit this. I have been submitting memories to the site to get the little items. For shame. I also kinda like the stupid little badges. What is wrong with me?
Lab Assistant
#1738 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 12:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kewpie
I am mortified to admit this. I have been submitting memories to the site to get the little items. For shame. I also kinda like the stupid little badges. What is wrong with me?

I'm glad I am not alone haha. Yeah I shamelessly submitted memories also to get the free items. I am also sadly enjoying the badges a little. I get a tiny bit excited every time my sim unlocks one so embarrassing. So yeah I feel the same, "what is wrong with me?"
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1739 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 1:27 AM
This is not the exchange, With the game, you don't download anything, which is why the transfer happens so fast. You JUST exchange internal numbers. Imagine if you sat there and had to take in at least 45 different Sims (to unlock everything) - that's a lot of space. The game isn't meant to go over what the required amount is, which is, maybe a gig over the overall file size. That space is important for saves, NOT Simport.

Retired
retired moderator
#1740 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 1:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sunnyside83
I'm glad I am not alone haha. Yeah I shamelessly submitted memories also to get the free items. I am also sadly enjoying the badges a little. I get a tiny bit excited every time my sim unlocks one so embarrassing. So yeah I feel the same, "what is wrong with me?"

I don't get why everyone is so down on the achievements, they're becoming a gaming staple and market research suggests it's quite a popular feature. It certainly doesn't impede the gameplay, and it's easy to ignore if it's not your thing.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Scholar
#1741 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 1:41 AM
I think the issue is more the fact that there is game content you paid for, and that is installed on your machine, but that you can't access without jumping through hoops.

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Retired
retired moderator
#1742 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 1:58 AM
Hmmm. Well. The achievements aren't the issue there, that's a problem with Simport. And I don't really have that issue. I mean, games (and life) often lock content away until you progress through a field.

It strikes me as a bit like complaining that only sims at the top of the criminal profession can glow red, or only Mad Scientists can zap furniture.

The way they did it with memories bothered me a *little*.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1743 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 2:55 AM
Apparently, the only thing that fits in Startlight Shores is lots from other other EPs, except LN, excluding the film studio. Therefore, we have to make room by setting fire to those beautiful homes and lots around town.

Time to make room...

Mad Poster
#1744 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 3:49 AM
Apparently, the only thing that fits in Startlight Shores is lots from other other EPs, except LN, excluding the film studio. Therefore, we have to make room by setting fire to those beautiful homes and lots around town.

Time to make room...

*grabs blowtorch*

LET'S SET THE WORLD ON FIYAAAAHHHHHHHH, MAKE IT GLOW BRIGHTAAAAA, THAN THE SUUUUUUNNNNNNN.

*torches Starlight Shores to a crisp*

Oops. Might've forgotten to save some for Lunar Lakes. Oh well.

But in all seriousness, I am soooo not buying this EP. I've thought it over all day, and I really think it's just a waste of precious harddrive space.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Top Secret Researcher
#1745 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 6:48 AM
Instructor
#1746 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 8:20 AM
So much hatred for you emino.
So so much. :P
Thursday!
And then I can't even buy it for a week.
Field Researcher
#1747 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 11:03 AM
After I messing with the UI package with s3pe, I found the App Loading Screen EP6 A.K.A Showtime!
Tried to make the mod and BAM! Here's the result:

The Logo is too far down and the shadow block the Genie Lamp Icon "thingy"

Me back after a long hiatus :)
Theorist
#1748 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 11:56 AM
Still debating whether to move my legacy to Starlight Shores...

Hi I'm Paul!
Field Researcher
#1749 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 12:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
It strikes me as a bit like complaining that only sims at the top of the criminal profession can glow red, or only Mad Scientists can zap furniture.

I don't think you can compare it like that. If we could unlock the content by reaching different levels of Showtime careers then I don't think anyone would complain. But it's completely different thing. You need to have internet connection, you need to be logged in to TS3 site and you need to have other people's permission to send them your sims. And for a game that is a singleplayer sandbox that is just outrageous in my opinion, because if I pay for that type of game I should be able to access all the content by myself and not by bothering other people.
Alchemist
#1750 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 1:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lexylu
I don't think you can compare it like that. If we could unlock the content by reaching different levels of Showtime careers then I don't think anyone would complain. But it's completely different thing. You need to have internet connection, you need to be logged in to TS3 site and you need to have other people's permission to send them your sims. And for a game that is a singleplayer sandbox that is just outrageous in my opinion, because if I pay for that type of game I should be able to access all the content by myself and not by bothering other people.

Not only that, but if people are letting you send their Sims into their world and taking the time to go to your Sim's show and throw flowers at him, etc, they'll probably be expecting you'll do the same for them. So, you not only have to bother people, you have to accept being bothered in return. No thank you.
Page 70 of 73