Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#3001 Old 31st Mar 2015 at 3:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
If you invite a sim whom your sim knows/is friends with to a party, you can't also invite members of their household unless you know them (and they may not show up if you're not friends with them). But if you just invite a sim over to visit you can choose to invite their entire household, and it's quite likely they'll show up, even if they don't know the playable sim who's invited them. It would be nice to be able to do the same thing for parties.

I like to invite them separately, by sending the invites first, then inviting the family groups immediately aftewards using the usual "Invite Sim" dialogue. It also handily gets around the party limit restrictions if you can't be bothered to edit startup files.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3002 Old 31st Mar 2015 at 5:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ieta_cassiopeia
I like to invite them separately, by sending the invites first, then inviting the family groups immediately aftewards using the usual "Invite Sim" dialogue. It also handily gets around the party limit restrictions if you can't be bothered to edit startup files.

Yeah, I do the same :-) Or if necessary I teleport sims in! But it would've been nice if there'd been an option to invite sims' partners/families etc with the party invite screen too.
Test Subject
#3003 Old 31st Mar 2015 at 11:11 PM
Maybe this already exists but I haven't been able to find anything -- I really want a hack that makes it possible for sims w/ low relationship stats to kill each other.
Mad Poster
#3004 Old 31st Mar 2015 at 11:17 PM
I don't believe there are any mods that will make them do it autonomously, but there are several that lets Sims kill each other. The guns from simwardrobe comes to mind.

I wish there was an option to have neighbour apartments display their contents. I realize that'd make strain on computer A LOT worse, but it'd also make the game look so much nicer. It bugs me that the entire place looks abandoned.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#3005 Old 14th Apr 2015 at 9:33 PM
Freestanding pots that could have seeds planted and grown in them- essentially taking the garden bed from Seasons and putting it up off the ground, in a decorative item. (I'm doing that in my real-world garden this summer, and it got me thinking...)

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#3006 Old 14th Apr 2015 at 9:40 PM
That already exists Zarathustra. It's part of Honeywells Patio and Garden set. A bunch of different planters, and a custom plot that you can put in the planters and grow Season crops in. I use it all the time for my apartment lots

Mad Poster
#3007 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 9:11 AM
Still wanting a mod to have my Sim buy another Sim a drink at a community lot - from the bar. I can't make mods, but if I could, I have made this one.
Still want to get Sims drunk - the mods I found don't work with AL.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3008 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 9:48 AM
The beer keg I use in my medieval hood sure sees them drunk- if dancing naked in the tavern and vomiting on the floor and proposing engagment to a stranger count?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#3009 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 11:34 AM
Inventor
#3010 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 1:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ksantipasim
Functional beer: Six Pack (alcoholic or non-alcoholic)
http://www.simslice.com/thesims2/ts2objects-pg8.htm
Dom Pérignon Champagne:
http://www.simslice.com/thesims2/ts2objects-pg4.htm

Those you can't just get. Try to download and you get a log-in screen instead.
To be able to subscribe you have to pay.
And I think that would not work out, because this site isn't managed anymore.
Mad Poster
#3011 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 1:58 PM
Reply to mirjampenning: "have to pay"? I've gotten stuff without paying, don't even think I logged in. It's not "managed" anymore? But anyway, I'm pretty leery about getting stuff from there, have had problems with critters with NPC (?) data, and stuff conflicting...just not confident in their creations.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Inventor
#3012 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 2:03 PM
When I clicked on the beer I got a log-in screen. I don't have an account there, so then I clicked on subscribe and went to a screen with paying options.
And I read on this site before simslice is basically abandoned by its owners a long time ago. So, that makes me think it isn't wise to pay for subscribing there if no one is managing the site to make sure everyone who pay-subscribes can download the wanted items you apparently have to be subscribed for to get.
Some items might be downloadable without subscribing, but all the items I have clicked on over time when I was on simslice all needed a subscription.
Some more about this subject: http://modthesims.info/t/544620
Mad Poster
#3013 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 2:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mirjampenning
When I clicked on the beer I got a log-in screen. I don't have an account there, so then I clicked on subscribe and went to a screen with paying options.
And I read on this site before simslice is basically abandoned by its owners a long time ago. So, that makes me think it isn't wise to pay for subscribing there if no one is managing the site to make sure everyone who pay-subscribes can download the wanted items you apparently have to be subscribed for to get.
Some items might be downloadable without subscribing, but all the items I have clicked on over time when I was on simslice all needed a subscription.
Some more about this subject: http://modthesims.info/t/544620

http://svt.paysites.mustbedestroyed...mslice/objects/
Mad Poster
#3014 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 2:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
The beer keg I use in my medieval hood sure sees them drunk- if dancing naked in the tavern and vomiting on the floor and proposing engagment to a stranger count?

I will try it. I had it - I cannot remember why I don't have it anymore! Thanks.
Mad Poster
#3015 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 2:52 PM
Functional beer: Six Pack (alcoholic or non-alcoholic)
http://www.simslice.com/thesims2/ts2objects-pg8.htm
Dom Pérignon Champagne:
http://www.simslice.com/thesims2/ts2objects-pg4.htm

or here:
http://svt.paysites.mustbedestroyed...d_drink_stands/

Tried them. Not intending to pay, I used the second link. I don't think they work properly with all the ep's - sims did get drunk, but suddenly there were new glitches in my game.
Lab Assistant
#3016 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 3:03 PM Last edited by Ksantipasim : 15th Apr 2015 at 3:19 PM.
@mirjampenning
See the last two lines of mine post! There is alternative link given.

The first two links are just links to original site where Object Mods with description are located.

Edit:
(Too late again.)

@Justpetro
I'm sorry. Maybe I should not give links to those old hacks.
Inventor
#3017 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 3:16 PM
@mirjampenning
See the last two lines of mine post! There is alternative link given.

The first two links are just links to original site where Object Mods with description are located.

Yes, I saw that. I merely posted to alert others about Simslice when I saw those two links added.

Thanks, Charity. Nice to point out where else to look for Simslice items.
They have interesting stuff, but I'm too hesitant to try using it myself, because it's old and might not be very compatible anymore.
Mad Poster
#3018 Old 6th May 2015 at 12:20 PM
I wish there was something like the job stopinator but for neighbour complaining. An object you could put into Sims inventory that prevents them from making noise complaints to their neighbours. It doesn't suit every Sim to be grumpy about noise. For example, my party Sims are unlikely to complain about others in the building having a party, because they'll either be throwing a party themselves, or be somewhere else at a party. Or they just don't mind. And if friends live in the same building, I think it's understood that they ask each other if it's okay to have a party on this or that day. And if one got annoyed, they wouldn't stomp over and shout about it, they'd send a text or go over and mention it in a more friendly manner.

Instructor
#3019 Old 6th May 2015 at 1:24 PM
What I want to see:
- Produce bin that sells fishes and harvestable
- Display shelf or something which you can buy seed and fertilizer, like TS1.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3020 Old 6th May 2015 at 1:53 PM
PCsims has a fish kiosk.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3021 Old 6th May 2015 at 1:54 PM
I'm not sure exactly what you mean with produce bin, but if you want your Sims to sell produce and fish there's always Paladins packing stations which allows you to pack them in crates so you can sell many together The site appears to be dead, but if it is then I'm sure all of the things will be uploaded to the graveyard.

Instructor
#3022 Old 6th May 2015 at 9:19 PM
@Joandsarah77
I know it, but since I'm not sure if it really sells the fish you can stock and eat, I've never used it.

@gummilutt
Of course, it's not about a sim selling fresh products. Sometimes you don't want one of your sim to do business for other sims just to buy them. Some hacked computer allows you to buy fruits, vegetables, and fishes at home, but I want to see my sims buying them at any (not-owned)community lot.
Mad Poster
#3023 Old 6th May 2015 at 9:24 PM
Ah, well that makes sense There's always the trick of planting crops on an owned business lot and selling it back once they are ready to harvest, since that means they are always ready to harvest when Sims visit, but you'd have to manually retract money for it, so not quite what you are looking for either It would have been nice to have. I would especially have liked seeds and fertilizer. I have them as CC objects that I sell at a garden shop, but that's just make-belief.

Theorist
#3024 Old 7th May 2015 at 6:52 AM
I would like to see a mod that allows kids to walk to a local park or go to a hobby lot. There is a mod they can take a cab but it doesn't work correctly, they take the cab but there is no way to return. Kids should be allowed a little bit of freedom. (holds up a sign and marches up and down the sidewalks)

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Field Researcher
#3025 Old 10th May 2015 at 2:10 PM
Fun fact: Pre-Nightlife townie kids actually visited community lots but when the downtown subhood was introduced they removed that because you know, wouldn't want kids running around on the night clubs :P
Page 121 of 580