Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

*Updated* A Whole New Dimension: OMSPs Revisited and Improved!

by SilentLucidity Posted 13th Feb 2009 at 2:12 PM - Updated 14th May 2009 at 6:26 PM by SilentLucidity : revisions, spelling

270 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 237 Feedback Posts, 32 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 2 of 11
Top Secret Researcher
#26 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 6:41 PM
I don't dare to think about all the new possibilities because it would take me months to try them out... This is beyond awesome!

Check out Omicron-Simtauri, my new space project!

Newest creation on my Livejournal: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
Looking for an Underground Station? thread on GoS
Grungy cars! thread on GoS latest: VW Type 2 Two-Tones
Scholar
#27 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 7:07 PM
Too bad Salvador Dali never got to play with the sims. This is the closest to it!

Imagine a world without hypothetical situations
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 7:22 PM Last edited by SilentLucidity : 13th Feb 2009 at 7:29 PM.
Yep, or M.C. Escher. I thought about trying to recreate M.C. Escher's Relativity but I don't know to manage the stairs...

Pets can also be placed on these, so maybe Dali's Dali Atomicus, but the water would be problematic in that one.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 7:37 PM
wow... what else is there to say! this will make picture takers, and story-tellers lifes just that little bit more interesting and EASY. You are incredible! Thanks so much!

Free downloads by me at AweSims | www.sixty-ten.net
Field Researcher
#30 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 8:19 PM
This is the greatest idea ever and shiftable omsps is something I've had a half formed wish for ever since I got AL. I will download and use these in my game asap, but one question: does it have a footprint? Or in other words will my Sim get stuck in his bed if I put these next to it?

"Gag me with a reticulated spline!! You're not my cup of tea!" - The Nightlife Prima Guide
Test Subject
#31 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 8:24 PM
*is drooling* I'm totally gonna worship you now, k?
Not actually evil.
#32 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 8:24 PM
*gasp!* It's a whole new world of clutter! I love the multi level hostas.
*Cat runs off to put stuff on other stuff...*

Seriously though, I would also like to know about the footprint.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Instructor
#33 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 8:37 PM
these totally rock!! Freaking brillant I tell ya.
Test Subject
#34 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 8:43 PM
Just astonishing! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#35 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 8:55 PM
To paigeturnersims and CatOfEvilGenius, no, they don't have a footprint. Specifically, they are flagged to allow for sim and object intersection, and I haven't yet had a sim get stuck because of these. In fact, sims are more likely to walk through objects placed on these which would normally block their path.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 9:27 PM Last edited by ettenan : 13th Feb 2009 at 9:34 PM.
I requested this a while back on another forum,(the shiftable shelves part) but I was told it was better to just dig through all my omsp"s to find the right one....Thank you so much for making these. More than I ever dreamed of!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#37 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 9:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ettenan
I requested this a while back on another forum, but I was told it was better to just dig through all my omsp"s to find the right one....Thank you so much for making these. More than I ever dreamed of!!

That is the main reason I started this project. There are a few furnishing I use consistantly that don't have an OMSP that is even a close match in height--and I had a lot of OMSPs. But the three main shiftable shelves of the set, the purple ones, really will handle every height from floor to ceiling for most things. They are like a combination of every other OMSP plus some. The other shiftable shelves go from floor to ceiling, too, but if you don't want any kind of slant the purple ones are the way to go.
Zombie Socks
#38 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 9:45 PM
This almost made me cry with glee. As someone who uses clutter like it's a religion and has weird and messy sims out the wazoo, I can't thank you enough! I just have one question, are we allowed to include these in lots with credit?

Once again, I am starry-eyed with bliss. Thank you so much!

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Eminence Grise
#39 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 9:47 PM
Wow.

I'm not a moviemaker and I tend to play a fairly straight Sims game (well ok, customized with a few mods and hacks)... and I've always avoided OMSPs as adding too much complexity to my lots... but what I find compelling about this set is the ability to embed stuff in the ground Gardens and landscapes in particular can look so much more natural with that simple addition. And, yes, the versatility added by AL's vertical shift ability makes it really doable.

So, yeah. Awesome
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#40 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 9:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whitewaterwood
This almost made me cry with glee. As someone who uses clutter like it's a religion and has weird and messy sims out the wazoo, I can't thank you enough! I just have one question, are we allowed to include these in lots with credit?

Once again, I am starry-eyed with bliss. Thank you so much!

Yes, you can include these in your lots. Credit is nice; if you forget, no biggie either. Have fun with them!
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 10:00 PM
This is amazing! I can barely imagine all the pictures I'll be able to do with these OMSPs and the poseboxes that are now available. Maybe a gravity zero scene in the middle of a spaceship? Sweet!

Thank you! And I really hope this gets featured!
Instructor
#42 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 10:08 PM
Oh now this is just one step beyond... amazing. Ingenious. Brilliant. Inspired. And... thank you.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 10:24 PM
I am speechless. This is amazing
Field Researcher
#44 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 11:20 PM
Amazing. I'm a total clutter freak....love my simmies' homes to look realistic. These are amazing! How did you even think of the angles thing?! Fantastic! And I enjoyed reading your overview almost as much as I'm enjoying messing around with these. lol!

"If..." a TS2 epic about friendship, romance, break-ups, make-ups, misunderstandings, fights, quite a bit of silliness and a little bit of rock and roll."
Test Subject
#45 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 11:42 PM
I just played with these in game and I had to come back to thank you. This is just amazing! Very easily color coded and user friendly for everyone! There really are endless possibilities for the use of this..Thank you very much!
Mad Poster
#46 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 11:43 PM
lol this will be great for story telling. :D

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Instructor
#47 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 12:04 AM
Woah. This is one of the coolest downloads I've seen in a while. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 12:05 AM
My oh my....I can't imagine the time, energy, and intellectual power you've invested in creating these....You are ONE BRILLIANT MIND!!!!!!! THANKS!!!!
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 12:29 AM
Wow. This is... revolutionary! The decorating possibilities are endless!! Thank you for creating what is, essentially, a milestone in sims 2 decor. It's brilliant!
Test Subject
#50 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 12:58 AM
Oh you wise one. This will be so much fun!!! Thanks so much for your awesome talent!!!
Page 2 of 11