Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#51 Old 3rd Feb 2008 at 11:42 PM
Can you make friends with the leopard? It's cute! Plus, any other random tdbits anyone wants to say? My copy should be arriving in a few days, but I'm ready to bang my head in frustration about the lack of gameplay-plot-random stuff information.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Advertisement
Scholar
#52 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 7:36 AM
From what I know you can interact with the orangutans to raise your social and I think you can make friends with them so that they help you gather stuff. Perhaps you can do that with the leopard, too? It's coming out on Thursday here. Just got a confirmation email that my pre-ordered copy has been dispatched so it should be arriving int he next couple of days.

My newest downloads are on Simified.
Older downloads and stuff that didn't get transferred to Simified are on my Livejournal.
Say NO to ugly square shadows in TS3! Grab the fix today!
Test Subject
#53 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 10:26 PM
I just got the game yesterday. You can make friends with the orangutans, and you can adopt them. There are also jackals you can adopt in free mode or after finishing the story. The leopard is not adoptable.
Alchemist
#54 Old 6th Feb 2008 at 5:30 PM
looks nice, but I'm saving my cash for Free Time. I barely have time for my TS2 families in the regular game, no way I could handle two Sims games
#55 Old 6th Feb 2008 at 10:15 PM
Where do you find the jackals? I started playing a pre-made Sim who has made 2 jackal friends, but no clue on how to actually contact them.
Top Secret Researcher
#56 Old 6th Feb 2008 at 10:22 PM
I usually find the jackels in the Boneyard.

Just a question, anyone know if the two plots are the same, or do they differ? I've completed Jessica Knight, and I've just started David Bennett, but it seems to be remarkably similar so far.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

Test Subject
#57 Old 6th Feb 2008 at 10:33 PM
Note: The jackels or hyenas (I think it depends on the language of your game on what they are actually called) only appear at nighttime.

SilentPsycho, both stories are the same. It's actually only one story, you just get to choose between David, Jessica, or a new sim you created. And so far, I haven't been able to find the Jaguar again. It disappeared right after I tamed it, and haven't seen it since, so I'm not sure if you can adopt it.

*Sigh*

I've had the game since it FIRST came out, got it on the first of feb, and I have to say, it's my favorite in the Stories series so far. I just love the innovation. I like the Castaway game for console, but it honestly looked like crap. This game looks loads better, but isn't as in-depth as the console version. I've played the story mode through about three times, and played the free mode quite a bit. This is the first sims stories game that I actually didn't un-install and give away a after three days.

I hope they make more Stories games like this, where it's completely different from the original sims game. Maybe one up in space? lol.

I do not mean to pry, but you don't by any chance happen to have six fingers on your right hand?
Field Researcher
#58 Old 6th Feb 2008 at 11:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spiffyriffic
Maybe one up in space? lol.

Actually not a bad idea!
Alchemist
#59 Old 7th Feb 2008 at 12:29 AM
While the story lasts it's awesome...but I gotta be honest, afterwards it just gets boring Being used to a game with six EPs and all their extra features, playing a mainly vanilla Sims2 game without as much as wants AND fears (just wants) is much too easy. Meh.

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 8:30 AM
Ooooh i'm so going to het this. I didn't want to get any of the Stories series at all, but seeing all the pics... I just have to get it.
Thanx for the honest info ppl!

i'll get stuck in small room with you, any day. -- K Zoid

eXpresSims
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 13th Feb 2008 at 10:37 AM
Well, I've had my copy for a couple of days now and I have to say it is great!!

It is completly different from the normal Sims games, which is what these stories packs should be in my opinion.
#62 Old 24th Feb 2008 at 9:09 PM
I've been playing it for a few days and I finally got Jessica and Ahio (the guy I picked) to have their first baby. I was glad the even included as little detail as changing the way the bottle looks. It's so cute. I wish they would have changed the baby's diaper though. Here's a picture: (Quality not as good as Babbelsim's pics)

I agree with Ghanima Atreides, the gameplay is pretty easy. I wish they would bring out stuff packs or an expansion for the Sims 2 with all the Stories stuff.
Alchemist
#63 Old 24th Feb 2008 at 9:17 PM
Heh I picked Ahio too

(I wish we could garden, go on dates and own businesses in Castaway. Oh and have fears as well...that would make it a pretty well rounded game IMO. I kind of left my girl pregnant in that hut and went back to TS2 )

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Top Secret Researcher
#64 Old 24th Feb 2008 at 9:29 PM
I just picked up Castaway yesterday, and it's a fun game. The graphics are great, and the detail is excellent. The only thing that's driving me crazy is the camera movement. Anyone know if GunMod's hack will work with CS?

Top Secret Researcher
#65 Old 24th Feb 2008 at 10:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghanima Atreides
Heh I picked Ahio too

(I wish we could garden, go on dates and own businesses in Castaway. Oh and have fears as well...that would make it a pretty well rounded game IMO. I kind of left my girl pregnant in that hut and went back to TS2 )

Maybe we should start a 'I chose Ahio' club. I also did the same as you, got her pregnant then went back the Sims 2. Alas, I probably would have gone back to her, but due to a lack of space on my PC, Castaways had to be uninstalled.

Test Subject
#66 Old 20th Mar 2008 at 1:21 AM
I so can't wait to get this game...when I saw the advert I was like hmm it looks pretty good but I don't know if want to get it...but now I just so want it!

You guys should post pics of what Jessica's kids look like with Ahio! :D
Page 3 of 3