Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#26 Old 5th May 2009 at 11:45 PM
I think Waroruri's app is fine.
Advertisement
Inventor
Original Poster
#27 Old 5th May 2009 at 11:58 PM
okay then, dollyrot has spoken. waroruri, no points will be taken off for your linked photos during app round.
Test Subject
#28 Old 5th May 2009 at 11:58 PM
yay! thanks, guys! ive been refreshing the page every 10 seconds waiting nervously. thanks! so much! yay! :D
Inventor
Original Poster
#29 Old 6th May 2009 at 1:06 AM
No problem, waroruri. glad to make your day.
Test Subject
#30 Old 6th May 2009 at 1:14 AM
i love the names! especially Blain Mackey. I could use that in my own game.

___xoxo
#31 Old 6th May 2009 at 1:23 AM
I like the idea of this contest, I am more the "I download prepared Sims" kind of person but for the 'eligiable bachelor' I made my Sim and I realized a bit more training could be good for me . So I think I will join here. Might have an app ready tomorrow.
***goes hunting for cool names***
Inventor
Original Poster
#32 Old 6th May 2009 at 1:34 AM
Glad to have you, Aba. Have you tried the link in the App rules? Waroruri seemed to find it helpful.
Test Subject
#33 Old 6th May 2009 at 1:37 AM
Yes, it was really easy. You just type in the letters, and off you go!
Test Subject
#34 Old 6th May 2009 at 1:55 AM
I changed my application. I fixed the links so they work now. It's much better, right? I love the emotes!
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:
Inventor
Original Poster
#35 Old 6th May 2009 at 1:56 AM
I like the fixes to your app, Waroruri, but please try not to double-post. The mods might get mad at you, and we wouldn't want that, now would we? I like your emotes too. :D:D
Scholar
#36 Old 6th May 2009 at 2:23 AM
ok, so we can use custom content on eyes, hair (including brows?), skin, and clothes, right? If not, then I wont be able to participate because I have CC defaults installed, and I dont' wanna have to remove them....

Sims, like life, is very unpredictable. One minute you're eating four day old pizza, and then the repo-man steals your only sofa and you're in tears. ...then the food poison kicks in.
#37 Old 6th May 2009 at 7:07 AM
Short question - the Sims can be any age? So from Toddler to Elder, does not matter?
But they should not be the same age? Is that right?

Sorry just checking that I understood it.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 6th May 2009 at 8:07 AM
MY APPLICATION

Blake Yardey

Hi! My name is Blake Yardey. I'm 15 years old and I live in a small house with my mom. I don't know who my father is, I never knew him. All I know is he had black hair and was human, that's all I know. As you may notice, I love nature. My whole family loves nature, we're naturesims.

But I also love to fool around, and so does my mum. I guess she is yelling something of someone walking by in this photography - typical of her!

When I don't fool around with my mum, I play in a band. Yeah, we ROCK! I'm playing the bas, and I love it! Well, I guess you know the mainparts about me now, so I'll see you some other time.

----

Jasmine Retniw

"Hello, I'm Jasmine Retniw. Nice to meet you. I'm 27 years old, and live in a small townin Denmark. My father is danish, while my mum is from India. I love hanging out with my friends, and just relax. I don't have that many friends, I'm pretty shy. But those I have are really close. Hey, let me show you my favorite spot."

"This is my favorite place. It is just besides my house where I live. I love sitting here reading, thinking, or just looking at people passing by. When I'm alone, I love to freak out and dance and act crazy. I don't like doing it while other people is present, I'm too shy."

"Oh no! You caught me dancing there *blushing* Well, I'll better go inside, and.. yeah.. and, uhm... make some food, or something..."

Scholar
#39 Old 6th May 2009 at 8:39 AM
Aba23 - Yes, and they should be of different age groups. (Young Adult and Adult are different age groups.)

Jewaukeela - Is custom make up allowed?
Inventor
Original Poster
#40 Old 6th May 2009 at 11:10 AM
Thanks, Dollyrot.
Aba23 - you've got it all right, just remember that 33 and 46 don't count as two different ages because they are still both adults.
dollyrot - custom makeup is not allowed, sorry. Why? Thinking of joining?
Sawcarn - I love your application! Yay! Non-humans! Blake seems to be a popular name, hmmm?
clw8 - all those things can be used, except the eyebrows. However, since now you are the the third person to ask about CC eyebrows, I am lifting the restriction upon them.

I am about to edit the list of allowed CC for app round now.
Scholar
#41 Old 6th May 2009 at 11:13 AM
Jewaukeela - Nope, just taking it into consideration when judging
Inventor
Original Poster
#42 Old 6th May 2009 at 11:14 AM
ok then! You've by far been the most helpful judge, thanks. (not beating up the other judges, just thanking her.)
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 6th May 2009 at 3:13 PM
Oh crap. I just realized I used custom makeup. Jewa, is there any chance you'll allow that?
Inventor
Original Poster
#44 Old 6th May 2009 at 3:32 PM
Hmm.. I guess I'd have to consult the judges. Guys, should we allow all CC for application round? I think it's fine, hmm?
Site Helper
#45 Old 6th May 2009 at 3:43 PM
I'm going to have things getting hectic in a week or two, but I would like to enter.

Does the CC limitation extend to walls and floors? I made my girl and her father, moved them into a house in my Downtown area, then realized that all my starter homes Downtown have CC walls and floors because most of the Maxis walls and floors that are "legal" in that country are either too expensive for a starter home, or kind of dull.

I just remembered another helpful tip for waroruri that was given to me when I was new:

Write the text part of your post in Notepad (or whatever the Mac equivalent is. The one that doesn't add any formatting codes.)
Turn Word Wrap OFF before saving!
Now spell check it, re-read it, make sure you are happy with it, etc. and "Copy" it.
Log into the site, "Paste" it into the Reply field, go Advanced to add your pictures, and if something goes horribly wrong you still have the text sitting on your hard drive waiting to try again.

(If you are using Firefox you will probably need to use Control-V to paste with.)

If you want to make italics or bold you can add that in your text file by typing (without the spaces)
[ b]to start bold.
[ /b] to stop bold
[i ] to start italics
[ /i] to stop italics

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
#46 Old 6th May 2009 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jewaukeela
Hmm.. I guess I'd have to consult the judges. Guys, should we allow all CC for application round? I think it's fine, hmm?

Just remove points from the following the rules section if custom make-up is used, not many but just a couple.
Inventor
Original Poster
#47 Old 6th May 2009 at 5:28 PM
okay, I've made my decision. Any and all CC may be used for the sims in APP round, but 1 bonus point will be awarded if the only CC you use are:
eyes
eyebrows
skin
hair
clothes

These only apply to the sims themselves. There is no restriction on any kind of CC usage for the backgrounds of your pics and whatnot. No points will be awarded or taken away for the use/non-use of CC in anything but the sims themselves. If you have any more questions, please don't hesotate to post. Thanks! :D
Site Helper
#48 Old 6th May 2009 at 11:02 PM
Default Sidneydoj (Ghost) Application
Blaze Anomy

Blaze:I associated it with fire, although it apparently means "stuttering". Oops. I'm not going to make him actually stutter, because it would be as much of a pain to read as it would be to type. But I did make his run-on sentences into several shorter ones. (Hint: his first sentence didn't stop until he got to quoting the note on his blanket.lol)
Anomy: Variant of anonymous
Young Adult: 200 years old

Hello; My name is Blaze. Blaze Anomy. Nice to meet you. I'm a new freshman here at the Priory of the Light. Actually I was brought here 200 years ago. That was when the Shadowlands attacked the elves and destroyed their forests. They were harboring fugitives from the Shadowking. I don't know anything about my parents other than the fact that I am a full-blooded elf. They say one of my parents must have been a student here because the note on my blanket was written in Human. "He was born in Fire: He is Blaze" Excuse me; those strawberies are complaining they are thirsty. And that orange tree wants to be trimmed. I know it isn't my job anymore. But that's no reason to neglect them! Anyway, if there is anything you need help finding just ask. I've been here all my life, so I know my way around here pretty well. Oh, my surname? It's something like "nameless" or "homeless". They told me once, but I didn't like it so I forgot. Or tried to forget, anyway. We need more elves living here. An elf kid being raised by humans doesn't work well. That's why I planted trees. They live longer.

So what is it like to be raised by people who have always been older than you and who haven't died yet?

Jalira Korislaw

Jalira: Combination "Jala" (Arabic: Shining) and "Lyra" (Greek:lyre or harp)
Korislaw; No idea. I found it in the phone book and liked it.
child: 9 years old

Dear Diary. Daddy gave me some special glasses to help keep the sunlight from hurting my eyes. Now I can go out in the sun without any problems!

The king came to visit today. He taught me how to play chess, but I don't understand it very well. Daddy says not to worry about it. I did fine, but the king was cheating. I don't understand that. He said he was a master of the game, but why would a master of the game have to cheat in order to beat someone who just learned how to play?

We may have to move to Novaria. They have things there called trees that grow right up out of the ground and get bigger than a house! I'm scared. What if one of those things grows up under my bed while I'm asleep? I'm also worried about Daddy. The king cast a spell on him so he could survive in sunlight longer, but what if it wears off? We will be too far away to signal the palace for help. I don't want to move to Novaria. I want to stay here in the Shadowlands where I was born. Daddy says he will buy me a violin if we have to move. They should be less expensive there. And I will still be able to take my teddy bear and sing to it. So the idea isn't all bad, I guess. But this is the only home I have ever had, and I don't want to leave.

I like taking care of Daddy during the day. Daddy says I will be able to do a better job when I'm older. Right now I'm too little to pay the bills or go shopping by myself. That's another thing I don't understand. If the special police are all vampires, why do all the shops close at sunset? It's like they don't want them around for some reason. Why would people not want special police around?

I saw a pretty bug today. It sang a pretty song. I'm going to sing it for Daddy when he wakes up.

Daddy says my bug was called a bird, and I shouldn't sing its song anymore because birds are illegal. But they aren't illegal in Novaria. They have lots of them there. I may like it there after all.

And if you are interested: The chapel of the Priory of Light:http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/...riorychapel.jpg

And Jalira without her glasses: http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/334/readyforbed.jpg

Please excuse the low quality of the picture of Jalira with her teddy bear. I had to resave it as a gif to cut the file size.

(Is it just me, or is Image Shack turning .bmps into .png for everybody?)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Inventor
Original Poster
#49 Old 6th May 2009 at 11:30 PM
Wow, I love your entry! I'm adding it now! Wait, so Jalira's a human... but her dad is a vamp? And I take it Blaze is an elf, right? So there was a war between Jalira's people, the Shadowlands, and the elves? Confusing, but I'm loving it. I hope the people in the next rounds continue this story!
Field Researcher
#50 Old 7th May 2009 at 12:06 AM
jewa, I'll be an EJ if you'd like

Just Call Me Allie :)

Page 2 of 12