Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jun 2013 at 10:10 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Is there a limit to how many sims you can have on Bodyshop?
I've searched google many, many times about this but I can't find a single thing.

So, I like to make characters for my Sims series in bodyshop and then save them so I can easily make copies of them in the game and stuff, but I've been having a strange problem. I have about 4 teens (which have all disappeared), 8 young adults (which around half disappeared) and around 2 adults (which none disappeared yet) which is about 14 sims but now it's less because the disappear, and that's it, no saved sims that came with the game or anything , but if I add anymore, some of the previous ones will disappear. It's such a pain because I need to have every single character and if I don't, I have to go through the annoying process of extracted them through the SimsPE and then put them in bodyshop but and then the other ones disappear... can someone hopefully explain to me the problem (if it is one) and the solution (if there is one) because I'd like to have more than like 10 sims saved.

Thank You.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 15th Jun 2013 at 3:34 PM
D: No one knows, huh?
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#3 Old 16th Jun 2013 at 12:39 PM
What version of BodyShop are you using? Is it the version from your latest expansion?

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Jun 2013 at 6:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by julianarosalia
What version of BodyShop are you using? Is it the version from your latest expansion?

Yes. My most recent ep is Seasons and that is the bodyshop I am using.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 2:51 AM
Where are stored pre made sims?
retired moderator
#6 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 1:31 PM
Bonita, in BodyShop there are templates for sims. Ones that come with BodyShop that are made by EA and custom ones that the player can make and save. Full sims that are playable will be found in the game itself in the Sim Bin.

brickwall81, is this a new problem or has this been happening from the time that you installed the game?

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 10:58 PM
julianarosalia Where are stored the pre-made that comes with bodyshop? Because i want delete them.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 2:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by julianarosalia
Bonita, in BodyShop there are templates for sims. Ones that come with BodyShop that are made by EA and custom ones that the player can make and save. Full sims that are playable will be found in the game itself in the Sim Bin.

brickwall81, is this a new problem or has this been happening from the time that you installed the game?

It's not new, and it hasn't been going on since I installed the game. It's been going on for a few months now but I really want to fix it. I recently had a different Bodyshop, CAS related problem that I had to delete all of the sims in my savedsims folder and it actually seemed to stop the problem, but now it's back again. I recently found out that I had a mod that hides the pre-made sims (I thought that I'd deleted the manually until I realized it wasn't possible) which I'm pretty sure was what caused the problem because on my laptop, I don't have a mod to hide the pre-made sims and it works just fine. I think if I delete that mod, my game should be fine.
Site Helper
#9 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 4:23 AM
Bonita, you probably want to create your own thread, rather than hijacking this one. The sim templates are probably stored somewhere in the installation files, and it's probably a really bad idea to remove them. Instead, people often create default replacements.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 5:16 AM
brickwall81 Could you be more clear? I did not understand very well what you mean what mod was it? What to do?
Site Helper
#11 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 5:58 AM
Bonita, this is a thread for discussing brickwall81's problem with her game. She wasn't talking to you; she was adding more information about her own problem.

Please start your own thread. We don't like to try to solve two different problems from two different people in one thread. It's too confusing for everyone (including you, apparently ).
retired moderator
#12 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 1:41 PM
brick, yes please try removing all of your custom content specifically any game mods to see if that fixes the problem. If that doesn't work, then try temporarily removing your entire Sims2 folder from My Documents and letting the game generate a new one before loading BodyShop again.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 28th Jun 2013 at 10:30 PM
Thanks everyone for the help. I will get it fixed very soon.