Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Sep 2013 at 3:39 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Can't choose hair in BodyShop!
When I install custom Sims, but don't choose to keep the hair, I can't choose any hair at all. If that makes any sense.
Same thing happens when I create a sim myself and then delete the hair. Can't choose any hair at all for the sim until I'm in the game itself, which is bothering me since I'd like to play around in BodyShop with the sim(+the hair) BEFORE I start the game.
Also, when I go into hairs and try to choose a color, I can choose them all..at once. Still nothing happens.

Here's an example of a sim I created and later deleted the hair on:
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 30th Sep 2013 at 3:57 PM
I don't think there's really any fix for that, besides keeping the hair when you install the sim, then cloning and saving them with a different hair. You could also go in-game, make the sim with a different hair, then extract them with SimPE and fix them up in Bodyshop that way...but the first method is faster. I had this issue a lot, eventually I just found the "install hair + clone" method to work.

my tumblr - sim pics and downloads
my dreamwidth - ts2 downloads
linkdecrypter - bypass adfly and other harmful pay per click download link hiders
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Sep 2013 at 4:01 PM
I have no idea how to clone sims. Was hoping there would be a No-SimPe way to do it.
Instructor
#4 Old 30th Sep 2013 at 4:11 PM
Well, yeah, there is. Install the hair with the sim, open the sim in Bodyshop (hit the "clone sim" button), change the hair, save sim. Then you can delete the original sim and the hair it came with.

linkdecrypter - bypass adfly and other harmful pay per click download link hiders
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Sep 2013 at 4:11 PM
That helps. But what if It's a custom made Sim that I made myself and didn't install?
Instructor
#6 Old 30th Sep 2013 at 4:13 PM
Hrm. Do you still have the original hair you made the sim with? You could put it back in your game long enough to copy the sim and change the hair. Otherwise you're stuck with just changing the hair when you get actually in the game, or going the SimPE route...

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Sep 2013 at 4:23 PM
I don't unfortunately. T'was a hair that I had edited a little myself and then threw away. So it's kinda..not possible to get back.
I'll look around for the SimPE cloning tutorial. Thanks!