Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 1:13 AM
Default Problem in Recoloring: Nothing except Material Override is available
Hello,
I'm not good with the technical side of programs, so i'll try to explain my problem as much as i can:

I would like to recolor Curtains and Pillows from Mira's Spring set. Since repository technique used for them, i'm trying to recolor curtain and pillow Mastermeshes.

When i open those packages via File->Open, everything is fine; i can see and export textures. However, when i switch to Object Workshop and open it there for recoloring, all i can see in the Resource Tree tab is:
Allres (1)
-> Material Override MMAT

Same thing happens when recoloring both the curtain and pillow mastermesh. Since there is no texture to edit, i can't recolor them.

What i have tried so far:
a) Uninstall and re-install SimPE b) Uninstall and re-install CEP c) Delete and download again the whole set including those two mastermeshes and their slaves.
d) Add Downloads folder to SimPE's file table.

Nothing helped.

I have this problem only for these meshes. I can recolor other objects just fine. And these two mastermeshes work as intended for others, they can see the entire resource tree, including texture and recolor them.

I have Nvidia DDS tools installed and working with SimPE.

I really hope someone could help me..
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 31st Oct 2013 at 10:26 PM
Almost a year later, i come back to report that i still couldnt solve this and now have 2 more meshes with the same problem.. Well, it's probably not a problem of meshes; but it's something i dont quite understand :-/

Would anyone help me to see what i must do please?
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#3 Old 1st Nov 2013 at 9:40 AM
If the items are not pay and you are allowed to share them, it would help if you posted the master mesh. In theory, it should just work the way you are saying, so having the file to look at would help.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Nov 2013 at 8:28 PM
Hi Lee,
They are not pay items, no. Yesterday, i found another shy one which also hides its texture from me!: Italian farm house dining chair by ExoticElements. I suspect something is wrong with the set up on my pc but i can't figure out what/where..

Since all of them have been shared before as included in recolor sets, i put all 4 meshes i'm having trouble with in a zip, HERE
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#5 Old 2nd Nov 2013 at 1:15 PM
I downloaded the zip - the 4 files all recolored no issues. What version of SimPE are you using?

If it helps, I have added the four test recolors I made.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  recolors.rar (163.2 KB, 12 downloads) - View custom content

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Nov 2013 at 1:40 AM
Yeah, that's the puzzling part; they work just fine for others but not for me..

I'm using version 0.73.44.37511(Alpha)
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#7 Old 3rd Nov 2013 at 1:56 AM
I did not open the meshes from within the downloads folder; I had them on my desktop and opened them from there when I clicked open from the Object Workshop. As I cant duplicate the problem I am stumped as to how I can help you with the issue.

I am using the same SimPE version as you are.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th Nov 2013 at 7:15 PM
Since you can see the texture image on object workshop, i conclude it can only be a problem arising from my SimPE set up.

Any ideas about what could make only MMAT file appear? What can be blocking me from seeing the texture on certain meshes but not on others? ( maybe i must underline here that these meshes are ok when i open them from File menu. Problem occurs only when opened in object workshop )