Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#51 Old 11th Jun 2012 at 12:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Petchy
Heck, WE'RE being sociable aren't we? There has always been an Exchange/BBS board, the creators are just tying to make it easier /for that sort of player/.

And yet, you don't do on the Exchange/BBS board to socialize, do you?
Anyway, I think it's a bad move on their part because with this kind of online games you don't really play but grind to achieve skill points and money to buy whatever, whereas most people who play offline tend to pay attention to details like sim expressions, their relationships, unexpected behaviours and usually speed up through the skilling parts. In the end it will just lose favour with a lots of players.
Advertisement
Theorist
#52 Old 11th Jun 2012 at 3:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LaylaRox
With games which require you to be online are somewhat troubling. What if you're playing a PC game in a hotel room which requires you to pay for WiFi? What if your internet is down? I will be disappointed if Sims goes into the 'requires active internet connection' thing, my internet can be fussy and not work some days so I play Sims to pass time.
They don't care if you can play the games just that you buy them. It's why their customer support is so terrible and I'd guess it's part of the reason why features from one pack don't work with another. They're only interested in putting enough in the game to get you to buy it, how the game actually plays when you get it is inconsequential at that point and any time and money spent on fixing bugs and improving the game is seen as an expense that eats into the profits and has no value.

Purely conjecture on my part but that's the way they act. Every "cost effective" decision they've made over the years is the equivalent of them taking a dump on their brand name--at some point enough people will stop buying their shit until they're forced to polish up the old EA turd. One can hope anyway.
Test Subject
#53 Old 11th Jun 2012 at 5:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CeJaye

Look at Diablo 3; you must have an active internet connection, and you play on their servers, even if you're playing single player. Their servers go down? Tough, you don't get to play the game you shelled out $60 for until the servers are back up.

I

You know how you fix that? BUY the game (or maybe not to show them DRM does NOT work) and go on a site and download another version of the EXE to start the game. I wasn't too specific on the terms just in case what I would say would be 'bad' on this site.

I have similar problems with Skyrim. I bought the game but I am UNABLE to download the 100 mb patches since the only option of Internet access at home is dial-up. Since Bethesda will not release manual versions of patches for the losers like me, when I'm at school, I have to download the patch through alternative methods.
Instructor
#54 Old 11th Jun 2012 at 6:55 PM
Not buying is always the best way to go. I would advice people to send a nice snail-mail letter telling them why you didn't buy it as well. Because they are ready to blame pirating for their low sales instead of taking any responsibility for their actions. It can't possibly be that they are making shitty products that nobody wants to buy, oh no, it's never THEIR fault. So you need to rub their noses in it until it's so far up their nostrils it'll tickle their brains. SALES ARE DOWN BECAUSE YOU MAKE SHITTY OVERPRICED STUFF!

It's not as if it's anything you need like food and a roof above you head. The gaming industry will go in the shitter because gamers buy games like other people buy food or worse like crack. Things aren't going to get better because no matter what they do, people are still buying the games.

Quote:
See, that's why you need to be more like me. It's pretty obvious that I'm a big, terrible, mean person. If somebody says I am a terrible, mean person, I will just grin evilly....and be mean to them! It's good to be bad. *J.M. Pescado*
Test Subject
#55 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 4:59 PM
I wouldn't mind having other players come to my as long as i got to have a say. Also if their was a way to allow me to talk with this new player entering my game that would be cool. That way i could tell them what sims were off limits, which ones he/she could have, etc. There are pros and cons with the idea of allowing players to enter each other's games.
Page 3 of 3