Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#26 Old 3rd Feb 2005 at 4:05 PM
Thank you much. Its pretty east once you get the hang of it.

Cant wait for a new TUT.

~Craig
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 4th Feb 2005 at 12:42 AM
Thanks for the TUT. Works for me!

DUfire out!
Test Subject
#28 Old 5th Feb 2005 at 4:53 AM
Thank you for the clothing tutorials. They were very helpful and the best I have ever used and easy to follow. I'm still having trouble with Part 3, but I will keep trying.

Thank you again.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 18th Feb 2005 at 3:24 PM
Thanks so much for all 3 turorials it helped me to learn photoshop & how things work. The game will never be the same for me.
Thank-you
Field Researcher
#30 Old 19th Feb 2005 at 7:38 PM
thanks so much...you have shown me a better, faster, and neater way to make clothes
Test Subject
#31 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 2:29 PM
These tutorials are amazing, thank you so much! I'm a complete ditz when it comes to Photoshop (or any other paint/photo program, for that matter) and I've just done my first basic recolour from your first tutorial...yipee!!! I'm off to try this one now. It'll probably take the rest of the day But at least I can follow your tutorials, which is progress in itself LOL. If I can do this, I'll be forever grateful. Thank you!!!!
Feeder of Cheesecake to Llamas
retired moderator
Original Poster
#32 Old 14th Mar 2005 at 12:14 AM
I'm glad to hear all the comments on the tutorials - good or bad. Please feel free to go to the skinning forum if you have questions or suggestions, too. You can even post pics of things you've made. I'd love to see!

"Living well is the best revenge. . ." George Bernard Shaw
Field Researcher
#33 Old 15th Mar 2005 at 3:53 PM
This is wonderful, I knew how to recolour, but with this tut I feel more comfortable adding textures to my clothes now

Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 16th Mar 2005 at 5:34 PM
Thanks so much for taking the time to do this!! It is very much appreciated!
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 1:50 PM
great tutorial, as usual!!
Test Subject
#36 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 2:09 PM
Thank you! I'm just learning, and this and the other tutorials on this site have been very helpful.
Field Researcher
#37 Old 29th Mar 2005 at 12:10 PM
thanks for the great tutorial-I never knew I was taking the long way in adding textures, yours look much better than mine too - it's those transparancies- all my clothes looked like it was bleached. great help, thanks
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 1st Apr 2005 at 6:15 PM
All this time I've been wondering what the secret was to adding textures without losing the details beneath them... thank you for this tutorial! I'm going to go try out the new layer/opacity.
Theorist
#39 Old 18th Apr 2005 at 1:55 PM
Can I add if you want fabric swatch pictures, go to www.fabric.com? I actually order my (real world) fabric from them and they have a lot of great pictures. I am not sure how great they are for skinning, but they have a lot of choices. Hope this helps!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#40 Old 18th Apr 2005 at 2:11 PM
Fabric websites are great for textures, but they have to have nice, flat, undistorted swatches with a repeat of the pattern in the swatch. You might be suprised to find, too, that metal and plastics manufacturing sites have some interesting textures, as well! All you need to do is colorize!

If you want to search for textures, go to google.com and pick "image search". Type in stuff like "paisley swatch" or "plaid red" something that would indicate a print of a pattern, and start looking. Often, this will lead you to pages that have other useable textures as well.

Lab Assistant
#41 Old 20th Apr 2005 at 2:30 AM
this is absolutaly excellent!!! i actually can make my own clothes line now...lol
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 21st Apr 2005 at 1:25 AM
Um...I need some help here... I don't have photoshop, I have windows XP :fallen: :lonely:
retired moderator
Original Poster
#43 Old 21st Apr 2005 at 1:24 PM
Photoshop is an image editing software. It's on the pricey side, but you can look around for older versions on sale secondhand, or you cna check for other, less expensive programs. I believe some people like Gimp, which I understand is free, and can be downloaded from the web, but if you have questions on how to use it, I won't be able to help you there.

Lab Assistant
#44 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 1:35 AM
When you say Pricey, how much are we talking here?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#45 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 1:40 AM
New, it's about $600 - you can find used copies, and if you're a student you can get discounted copies through your school.

Lab Assistant
#46 Old 23rd Apr 2005 at 3:11 AM Last edited by lilbaby1313 : 23rd Apr 2005 at 3:21 AM.
:argh: That is alot! I'm downloading GIMP at the moment! :banned:
Test Subject
#47 Old 24th Apr 2005 at 7:27 PM
Well, lets just say, you COMPLETLEY lost me at step 19. Im lost. Very lost. In a huge maze. With man eating crocodiles chasing me. Any help?

I don't get the bit about the triangles. And how do you get the shading right? so i've done all the grayscale and brightness. I pasted in one sleeve shape, perfect, now how do i get it all to look all shadingy (<-- very technical terms, i know) without it all being one huge block colour?> How do i get the pattern to have all the same shadowy bits as the real pj top?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#48 Old 24th Apr 2005 at 9:13 PM
When you paste your texture, or paste into, it lays over your image completely. It's opaque. What you're doing after you've pasted your texture into each section of the outfit is reduce the opacity. If you click on the pictures online, or print out the tute, you'll see my lines and circles and arrows showing where that slider is on the right to adjust the opacity. When you reduce the opacity, the original shading actually shows through. You flatten the image, merging the texture and the grayscale image, then fix your color back up.

Test Subject
#49 Old 25th Apr 2005 at 7:51 AM
Ahh now i understand, (and i know about the opacity tool), but it goes weird colours. How to get get the colour back?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#50 Old 25th Apr 2005 at 11:03 PM
You know, tutorials for this stuff can get pretty involved - you should read through them a time or two and then still follow them as you go. . .You adjust your hue/saturation, and brightness/contrast (if necessary) to bring back the original color.

Page 2 of 12