Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Mar 2017 at 6:04 AM Last edited by orose : 5th Mar 2017 at 6:47 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Cannot use certain sizes in windowed mode after SweetFX
So I tried to install brntwaffles SweetFX presets and got an error that I later found out was due to incompatible files in the download. I removed all of its files from my Bin folder and started the game, however it first opened in an extremely small size of windowed mode, and when I tried to set any of the usual sizes I use in windowed mode (1400x1050 (4:3), 1680x1050 (16:10), 1920x1080 (16:9) all of which are options that use the majority of the vertical real estate on my screen so I can zoom in) it wouldn't let me. The extra space goes black for about fifteen seconds and then it reverts to a smaller size instead of showing me the option to keep my settings. Other sizes, such as 1280x1024 works after a bit of time with the black space and a strange yellow blur (pic attached), but anything taller than 1024 seems to be a no-go.

I've tried restarting the game as well as my computer, I've also tried going into fullscreen mode and dropping down into the size I want in windowed mode- with limited success, sometimes it will let me but when I restart the game I just get a black screen in that size. If I leave it alone for a few minutes to load and then drag the window a little smaller, the black screen vanishes and I'm actually at the main menu.

To me (a complete newbie to graphics mods like this) it seems like something of the SweetFX settings are still there somehow affecting my game, but that shouldn't be the case since I completely deleted it from the bin, right?

eta: I tried changing it manually in options.ini but instead it opened in 1024x768 D:
Tried restoring a previous version of the Bin folder just in case, but that was similarly unhelpful.
Also added a screenshot of what happens when I go into 1280x1024.
Screenshots