Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 12:26 PM
Default Can't get rid of the zero!
Hiya , I am unsuccessfully trying to produce something useful to upload.
I have edited the boys base game outfit cm body street ball to be 3 channel available for boys and girls as everday/sports and so far, got rid of the zero and chain details on the overlay/multiplyer/clothing spectular. I checked the mesh in desparation and the details aren't on there.
When the item is loaded in TSRW it's not showing the details at all but in game I can still see the embossed zero and chain and I was wondering why I can still see them when they are edited out of the overlay/multiplyer/clothing spectular layers as mentioned above?

Please does anyone know what I'm missing out ?
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 12:37 PM
Have you checked the bumpmap/normalmap?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 12:42 PM
Hiya, thankyou for responding. Can you tell me where I find that within TSR workshop please? (sorry this is my first go at something!)
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 12:45 PM
Not a clue - but there are several people who will know, and can tell you when they wander by.

Inventor
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 12:53 PM
Awesome thanks! I hope so x
Just found how to show the bump map and you're right , that's where the problem is. Unfortunately I have no idea how to edit it and I can't find how to on the workshop
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 1:51 PM
In the Mesh tab in TSRW, click on Material. In the column to the right of Material there is a button with three dots, looks something like this [...]. Clicking that button will bring up the Material Editor. From here, click Normal Map >> Edit and Import a gray (#808080) 512x512 dds image. This should completely remove any imprints/embossing making your texture smooth and flat. You can also edit the Specular here to match the one in the Texture tab as the Specular in the Mesh tab seems to override the other one, in my case at least.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#7 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 2:04 PM
Easiest to just replace it with an empty bumpmap. I've attached one.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  BlankBumpmap.zip (802 Bytes, 13 downloads) - View custom content
Inventor
Original Poster
#8 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 2:21 PM
Thankyou so much indiemilk & CmarNYC, brilliant help thanks!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 6:10 PM
No problem Rock Chick

32x32 is much better. Not sure why I've been using a 512x512 bump map all this time, but it's best to cut down the filesize any way you can. Thanks Cmar.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#10 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 7:06 PM
You're very welcome!
Sockpuppet
#11 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 7:12 PM
Its something i don't understand either....shoes usually use a 32x32 blanc normalmap while clothes use a 512x512 blanc normalmap
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#12 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 11:52 PM
I use a 1x1 blank bumpmap .