Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 6:24 PM
Default How to make a lipstick that allows you to have multiple colours on it?
Awful title, I know, I just couldn't think of a better one XD

So is there a way of doing this? Can I edit one in game so I can make it so I can have say, three different coloured stripes on the lipstick that I can recolour? Or do I have to make a new one myself? I'm new to creating things, so bear with me XD Thanks
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 6:42 PM
You'll just need to start with a lipstick that already has multiple parts. When you choose which lipstick to clone from in CTU or TSRW, just choose one that has multiple colour options in-game.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 10:24 PM
And will I have to edit it to set where the things will be recoloured? I'll try this tomorrow maybe, after a little sleep XD Thanks for the help!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 10:31 PM
Yes, you will - all of that is in the mask, the red and yellow (and maybe pink) texture.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 9:36 AM
I'll look into the tutorials more now and have a go at it. Sorry, I'm a major noob when it comes to masks and creating Lol. All I can make is a logo'd t-shirt and a painting XD Thanks for the help, guys
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 10:52 AM
Good luck!

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 11:44 AM
I don't want to be a burden, but are there any tutorials you could possibly link me to that tell you how to do this? Or should I just search through the tutorials section? The lipstick tutorials I found only told me how to re-texture.

EDIT- I think I've found one.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#8 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 12:22 PM
Both the lipstick and the face overlay tutorials here cover masks: CTU Tutorials" target="_blank">Tutorials:TS3 CTU Tutorialswiki

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 2:53 PM Last edited by UltraRobbie : 12th Jul 2011 at 4:38 PM.
Thanks, I'm on those now Yet another question, but a quick one: On the CAS it has the file for the Mask. On the tutorial I am on the mask is being edited but it's greyscaled, mine isn't. Am I on the right file or have I missed something? Sorry I'm asking all these questions.

EDIT- Ignore that ^ sorry, I've got it sorted. On one part III, Step 6 on the "Basic Mask Editing" tutorial, it says I need to click 'commit changes', yet that button isn't on mine.

EDIT- Nevermind again.

Oh yeah, guess who's just made their first decent custom content for the Sims 3!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#10 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 4:42 PM
Congrats!

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 7:04 PM
Thank you so much for the help, guys :D