Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 3:46 PM
Default Have you ever made yourself on the sims?
Post your 'sims selfies' here on your thread complete with your traits, etc.

Also did you use any mods, etc?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 4:05 PM
I've attempted to make a sim of myself a few times. My latest result is now uploaded to the Exchange at the moment: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=8095751

I still consider her to be a bit of a "fail", but no one is perfect, lol! Now if I had Ambitions I probably would have given her the Dramatic trait seeing as I am a bit of an over-dramatic sometimes in real life.
Inventor
#3 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 9:31 PM Last edited by Axe Gaijin : 13th Apr 2014 at 2:57 PM.
Please do a little search next time before making a new thread, there is a thread about self-sims that was just made last week where you could have posted: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...25#startcomment

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Test Subject
#4 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 4:34 AM
People do not want to come on the forum and search for threads. Was it on the first page. If not ..Old news.
Alchemist
#5 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 6:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dbgager
People do not want to come on the forum and search for threads. Was it on the first page. If not ..Old news.

As opposed to the trend of necroing dead threads we're having recently? Yes, it's a trend now!

Just call me Nikel
Inventor
#6 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 7:51 AM

Oh yeah god forbid you'd have to do a bit of effort...

It was only on the second page and probably just there because people are keeping bumping threads from 1745 to the front page.

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Test Subject
#7 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 9:40 PM
I guess my point is that some people are forum readers and like to browse through and read many threads and make replys to anything they are interested in or have an opinion on...and some people are more focused on one particular problem or thought they had and are not interested in spending a lot of time in the forum. Different strokes for different folks. There is not a thing wrong with having the same thought as another person. If you don't want to respond don't. The topic is clear by the title of the thread. I am sure the same topic has been discussed dozens of times on this forum. Just like most every single thread in this forum has been discussed before.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 10:23 PM
Nah, nothing wrong with having the same train of thought as someone else. There is something wrong, however, with clogging the forums with redundant threads and making it more difficult to navigate for everyone who isn't you, and then getting your undies in a bundle when someone gently reminds you of forum etiquette.

Do a search before you make a thread. If there's already a thread for your topic with recent replies, post there. If no thread exists, or if it's gone without a reply for a few weeks, make a new thread. It's not rocket surgery.
Test Subject
#9 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 10:26 PM
I am not the original poster..
Test Subject
#10 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 10:31 PM
Besides that I detest these 300 page threads..No way I would read through a thread that long. Its nice to have subjects divided up into bite size chunks in my opinion. What is the forum hurting for thread space or something. DO you look through the 1000s of posts here to make sure that you do not repost a subject that has been posted before. NO you don't..Of that I am positive.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 10:35 PM
Settle petal, that was a general gripe and not a personal attack. Deep breaths, in and out.
One Minute Ninja'd
#12 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 11:35 PM Last edited by eskie227 : 13th Apr 2014 at 11:36 PM. Reason: avoid a double post
I am not the original poster..

Besides that I detest these 300 page threads..No way I would read through a thread that long. Its nice to have subjects divided up into bite size chunks in my opinion. What is the forum hurting for thread space or something. DO you look through the 1000s of posts here to make sure that you do not repost a subject that has been posted before. NO you don't..Of that I am positive.

Yeah, I hate those 300 page threads, too. Except, the OP was referred to a 3 page thread exactly on the same topic that was last posted to 4 DAYS ago. And it has pictures, and everything.

Oh, and double posting is also kind of frowned upon around here, too.
Inventor
#13 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 9:30 AM
DO you look through the 1000s of posts here to make sure that you do not repost a subject that has been posted before. NO you don't..Of that I am positive.

Yes, yes I do...
Before I'll post a new subject I'll do a search if the same or a similar subject has been posted. If it has and the thread is fairly recent (i.e. less then 6 month old) I'll post there instead, if it's older I'll create a new thread.

You really shouldn't assume so much.

Alchemist
#14 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 2:10 PM
Besides that I detest these 300 page threads..No way I would read through a thread that long.

Oh, I prefer reading a 300-page thread rather than reading 300 single-page threads of the same topic. No way I could distinguish threads that many.

Just call me Nikel
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 4:55 PM
This thread has developed from a mere invitation for simmers to post their creations based on themselves to an argument about multi-threads on one topic. (Btw I'm the creator of this thread) I suggest that this is taken somewhere else. This is basically ruining the thread and draws the subject away from the real topic. I mean, when you click this thread you want to see others creations and not a bloody argument. No one wants to step into an argument. Next time personally message me. (which I'm sure you all can do)

Thank you, have a nice day.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 4:57 PM
Please continue with your posts of your sims!
Forum Resident
#17 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 6:33 PM
I guess my point is that some people are forum readers and like to browse through and read many threads and make replys to anything they are interested in or have an opinion on...and some people are more focused on one particular problem or thought they had and are not interested in spending a lot of time in the forum. Different strokes for different folks. There is not a thing wrong with having the same thought as another person. If you don't want to respond don't. The topic is clear by the title of the thread. I am sure the same topic has been discussed dozens of times on this forum. Just like most every single thread in this forum has been discussed before.

Despite your opinions, the guidelines clearly state that duplicate posts are forbidden:

Quote:
14. Duplicate Posting: Do not start a new thread in a forum if an existing active thread already exists on the topic. Post to the existing one and only start a new thread if the subject matter differs from the original thread.

Source: https://www.modthesims.info/show...stingguidelines

If the OP had done a search before starting this thread, we would not even be having this conversation. The link that Axe Gaijin shared is the original thread on this topic so the polite thing to do would be to simply move the discussion over there, don't you think?

My TS3 Sims, patterns & recolors

Check out my Simblr! (TS3-focused, sometimes NSFW)
♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Test Subject
#18 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 7:37 PM Last edited by dbgager : 14th Apr 2014 at 8:00 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by chreai
Despite your opinions, the guidelines clearly state that duplicate posts are forbidden:

Source: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...stingguidelines

If the OP had done a search before starting this thread, we would not even be having this conversation. The link that Axe Gaijin shared is the original thread on this topic so the polite thing to do would be to simply move the discussion over there, don't you think?

You do realize that a large number of threads are duplicates of the same discussion at an earlier time it could have been 6 months ago. But most Sims 3 subjects have been discussed before. Why is this polite. I do not understand why it is putting anybody out in any way whatsoever to have a clearly labeled thread that is your choice to click on in the forum. Is it I am not interested in this persons subject so it has no business being here. That is self serving. I just started posting here lately..And I find these gigantic threads that I have no intention of reading through. that is not user friendly. Actually nice subject matter. But who in the heck wants to read a 300 plus page thread. And when a person posts a thread like this person and is immidiately met by scolding instead of friendliness they lose their interest in having a conversation.

Anyway lets just drop it. It has become an argument and I do not wish to piss a bunch of people off. Its just my opinion.
Inventor
#19 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 7:47 PM
You do realize that a large number of threads are duplicates of the same discussion at an earlier time it could have been 6 months ago. But most Sims 3 subjects have been discussed before.

No shit Sherlock? and how does that affect any of the things I've mentioned?
Are you just here to argue or what?

One Minute Ninja'd
#20 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 10:23 PM
You do realize that a large number of threads are duplicates of the same discussion at an earlier time it could have been 6 months ago. But most Sims 3 subjects have been discussed before.

Which is why necro'ing old threads is also discouraged. However, this particular subject is being addressed in an up to date, reasonably short, 3 page thread that's active as of a few days ago. One with photos and discussions of techniques, which is what the OP was interested in. So directing them to that active thread is a way of helpfully guiding them towards a conversation they appear to have an interest in. Expecting folks to repost the same photos and stories in another thread is unlikely to foster good will and joy among posters.
Test Subject
#21 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 2:30 AM
I would make myself and then my current crush/boyfriend, but half the time I would ship myself with a fictional character (*cough* Eridan Ampora *cough*)
Forum Resident
#22 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 9:53 AM
Yes, I made a self-sim some time ago. I like to put other people's self-sims in my game and see how they get along with each other.
Can I download yours?
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 3:35 PM
Speaking on the topic: yes, I have a selfsim in my game, and I've tried to make her as similar to the real me as possible. My main concern was not to make her too perfect, I would feel kinda guilty about idealizing myself, lol. So, she has all my flaws.

Speaking about resurrecting old threads: how old must a thread be to make a new one on the same topic insted of posting in the already existing one? Sometimes i open a thread that is 3-4 weeks old, and get this warning "Attention! The thread has not been posted in for [insert the period here]".
So, are we allowed to post only in threads that don't have that warning, and why is resurrecting old threads so hated here? This leads to forum cluttering with the same or very similar threads, I don't understand this policy.

Check my blog for worlds and lots: Sims3 ComfoLife Design Studio
Mad Poster
#24 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 4:42 PM
We already have a place for picture threads.